EOG members living in Vegas

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated
Re: EOG members living in Vegas

Followup question for the Vegas residents- Do most of you like living there? And is that city much different from most others?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Followup question for the Vegas residents- Do most of you like living there? And is that city much different from most others?

Was my home from 1980-2000...city was still small back in 80 and the mob still had influence...town got big but still if you are a gambler and like the night life, then Vegas is for you...just beware of all the traps...

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

Was my home from 1980-2000...city was still small back in 80 and the mob still had influence...town got big but still if you are a gambler and like the night life, then Vegas is for you...just beware of all the traps...

The traps are kinda what I am a bit worried about.......

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

What are the home prices in vegas now? Looking for about 2,000 sq. ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage.

Ballpark and how much of a deal can you find if you want to bring cash to the table.

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

What are the home prices in vegas now? Looking for about 2,000 sq. ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage.

Ballpark and how much of a deal can you find if you want to bring cash to the table.

Will depend on location, as they always say. I am more familiar with the condo market and prices are off about 50-80% from the peak in 2007......

munson15

I want winners...

Probably hasn't been the buying opportunity it is now in quite some time, Slim. GL.:cheers

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Condos are fine for what I am looking for as well. What is a ballpark for a condo in a very nice neighborhood in or around vegas?

About $100k can get you that right now. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but in that ball park.

You people are just idiots.

We have a Taco Bell, Subway and a Supercuts down the block. It's like living anywhere else in America.

The average person here isn't eaten up by gambling.

High Times

EOG Master

You people are just idiots.

We have a Taco Bell, Subway and a Supercuts down the block. It's like living anywhere else in America.

The average person here isn't eaten up by gambling.

And you're not average :pop:

And you couldn't be more wrong.

Las Vegas has destroyed more people than probably any city you can name.

Very few people can live a normal life here.

For a few it's the greatest place in the world :houra

J

joeybagadonuts

Yea, Jeff, it's a huge stretch that someone who posts at a gambling forum might end up with a gambling problem living in Vegas.

Sharp.

Heim

EOG Master

I believe Vegas made #2 on the most depressed city in the US list...

Winnin and the livin is easy not applicable to most here.

Vegas seems pretty depressing these days. But it is also the only place I told my wife I would go if she wanted to move. So thats why we're still here. But really from Ca its an hour flight or a 3 hour drive basically. So no real need to live there unless you are gambling steady which I dont do anymore.

But I check the housing prices occasionally theyre extremely cheap right now, and I doubt you have many bidders on places on the market, so you more than likely going to play less than asking price as well.

I havent been there since Dec of 09 so its been awhile since I have even seen the place so it might even be worse than what I imagine, but the guys I talk to there say it is pretty bad. But I will be in there in april for at least a few weks and more than likely that will cure the urge to stay there full time :p.