EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (August West is playing the races)

August West

Rambler
Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (August West is playing the races)

Pick 15

Alright last week for me so I have a lot of work to do here. Hoping to hit 3-4 of the next 15 at good prices.

Race 3 Saratoga

Win on 5 Hustle n Heart

2nd time starter stretching out on the turf for Gullo. Taking some action at the windows. Currently 7-1.

August West

Rambler
Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (August West is playing the races)

Pick 16

Saratoga R5

win on 5 Collegeville Girl

Parx shipper holding her own in the early betting in a race full of firsters. Currently 12-1.

August West

Rambler

Off the deck with a $20.80 winner. Was 13-1 with 0 MTP. Late money is sharp, as always.

August West

Rambler

Pick 17

R10 Saratoga

win on 9 Novus

First off layoff/trainer change to Clement.

roach23

Banned

It’s really not that hard

August West

Rambler

Pick 18
Saratoga r7

Win on 7 lunar phase

1st time lasix for Clement. Showed speed in debut. Taking some money.

August West

Rambler

Pick 19
R5 Saratoga

win on 10 Freuds Affair

Gotta pick some ugly horses at this point. Shipper coming in from FL seems to be pretty consistent there. Currently 16-1.

August West

Rambler

Pick 20

Saratoga R8

Win on 5 Papa Shot

Has run some big figures on a wet track. Currently 9-1.

August West

Rambler

Pick 21

R9 Saratoga

Win on 2 Madison's Luna

Going against 1/5 Hofburg to try to get a price in a short field. Track is playing to speed and the 2 should have a clear lead early in the race. Currently 7-1.

August West

Rambler

Pick 22

R10 Saratoga

Win on 15 Lightworker

Draws in from AE list. Figures are on par with the rest of these and should be near the lead from the outside. Currently 22-1.

August West

Rambler

Awful picks. Back tomorrow with more longshots. I'll be at the track so hopefully that changes my mojo.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

Hang in there August, best of luck tomorrow. Are you going to Saratoga?

August West

Rambler

Thanks Brayden. Yes, I live in Saratoga so its just another Saturday here. Hopefully they're on the turf. Good luck this wknd.

August West

Rambler

Pick 23

Saratoga R1

Win on 2 He's the Souperwon

Off the turf race with a bunch of firsters. Going with the one from Casse with J Ortiz up. Currently 11-1.

August West

Rambler

Pick 24

R3 Saratoga
Win on 2 Curlins New Moon

Hoping he likes the wet track. Pretty big longshot.

August West

Rambler

Pick 25

Saratoga r5
Win on 7 cash creed

Desperation time

Mott firster taking no money

August West

Rambler

Pick 26

R9 Saratoga

Win on 4 sarrasin

Hail Mary. Distance and soft turf could be ok. Lol

August West

Rambler

Pick 27

Del Mar R9 (Bing Crosby)

win on 9 Edwards Going Left

just hunting for a bomb.

August West

Rambler

Pick 27

Del Mar R9 (Bing Crosby)

win on 9 Edwards Going Left

just hunting for a bomb.

Horse was 21-1 with 1 MTP and went off at 11-1. Don't see that every day in a G1 with 11 horses.

August West

Rambler

Pick 28

Saratoga r8

win on 9 Forman the foreman

August West

Rambler

Pick 29

saratoga r10

win on 13 stag of sylvia

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Amount invested: $58.00

Amount returned: $20.80

Go long, real long.

August West

Rambler

Last Pick

Saratoga R5

Win on 3 Senor Friday

Love me some Eric Guillot.

Hopefully he stays at 29-1 or more.

Thanks a lot for the opportunity JK and BetDSI. It was fun. Sorry for the lack of winners.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Senor Friday finished seventh at odds of 39/1.

That's a wrap.

Thanks for competing, AW.

2W up next.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Senor Friday finished seventh at odds of 39/1.

That's a wrap.

Thanks for competing, AW.

2W up next.

Thanks for the opportunity. Will be playing for sctbrescue.org and fullertoncares.com
Let's try to get them $500 each.....or more if anyone feels inclined to donate.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for the opportunity. Will be playing for sctbrescue.org and fullertoncares.com
Let's try to get them $500 each.....or more if anyone feels inclined to donate.

I'll make it $600 each.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Crick, what's the no-vig line on you conquering the Challenge?

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Crick, what's the no-vig line on you conquering the Challenge?

Well, I'm not a contest player and I die broke if I had to rely on win wagers......but there should be enough opportunities within the month to get us home.
Every day at DM in August if applicable will be posting wagering suggestions in this thread.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Shades of View From Vegas.

Good luck, 2W.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Sounds to me like Crick makes himself a slight favorite.

Let's make 2W2P2S -101 to conquer EOG's Grand Challenge in August.

A beautiful month to make a run at the money.