EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (DRINK is our November contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
i might move to Fla myself, but it wont be miami

Many years ago, sports handicapper Richard Witt (known as "Wildcat" in the pages of the New York Post) was delivering his NFL selections on Las Vegas radio.

Richard came to his fifth selection and said, "I'm going to leave the country for my next selection."

Long pause.

This was at a time when there were no international games on the NFL schedule.

Witt paused and then paused some more while everyone waited for his NFL selection involving a game outside the United States.

And then Witt said, "Go to Miami..."

Last edited:

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
S. Miss under was the worst bad beat I've taken all year. I don't normally believe in beats, it all shakes out in the end but if i ever need 3 defensive tds in one game with the final one being completely meaningless on 4th and 16 under 2 minutes left ill make sure to come here to tell you about it

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
S. Miss under was the worst bad beat I've taken all year. I don't normally believe in beats, it all shakes out in the end but if i ever need 3 defensive tds in one game with the final one being completely meaningless on 4th and 16 under 2 minutes left ill make sure to come here to tell you about it

Miserable.

And they reeled you back into the game with a scoreless third quarter.

It goes down as one loss but it feels like two.

Lost it at the half (30 points scored in a game with a total of 50), big fave after the scoreless third quarter, only to get taken down with the late fourth-quarter hijinks.

A pick six with 92 seconds left.

Ouch.

Next.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Solid day for contest selections here.

DRINK went 3-1 highlighted by an easy cover with the Mean Green of North Texas.

Current record is 9-10-1.

Let's get to 50% with the next release and then we can start working on 60%.

Only ten plays remain.

ouch

EOG Dedicated
Solid day for contest selections here.

DRINK went 3-1 highlighted by an easy cover with the Mean Green of North Texas.

Current record is 9-10-1.

Let's get to 50% with the next release and then we can start working on 60%.

Only ten plays remain.

With all due respect, I think Dink's record for the day was 2-2. Losses were BC OVER 53.5 and Georgia State OVER 63.

In any event, Computer Bob will be along shortly to clear it all up.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
With all due respect, I think Dink's record for the day was 2-2. Losses were BC OVER 53.5 and Georgia State OVER 63.

In any event, Computer Bob will be along shortly to clear it all up.

I stand corrected.

Tracking with wishful eyes.

DRINK's current record is 8-11-1.

No more mistakes for DRINK (or for me) this month.

Thanks for the correction, OUCH.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
How did the mistake happen?

I googled the Georgia State football score without specificity and Google delivered last year's results (59-52 in favor of Arkansas State).

Whoops!

railbird

EOG Master
look like a 0 for 12 in this space for 2021, granted it was all donkeys, but you think 1 of them would have got lucky, but no. i think this is 10 out of 11 under 50 pct as well

ComptrBob

EOG Master
will fat artie avoid checkmate before Christmas day? no -126 yes +116

He can "stockpile" a ton of CFB bowl games (21) and NFL picks (16) that get played between Dec 25 thru the 31st. He might even have less than 12 games actually played by Christmas, so I would take "yes" avoid checkmate (Edit because of tricky question)

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Do i keep posting plays or just call it a day and thank everyone? Not sure whats kosher. Regardless thank you for the opportunity.

Disappointing results, but its a very tough challenge with luck heavily involved to win.

Its really your option, once eliminated you can feel free to continue or you can check out. I'd say roughly 33% finish out.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Do i keep posting plays or just call it a day and thank everyone? Not sure whats kosher. Regardless thank you for the opportunity.

Thanks for participating, DRINK.

I would quit once eliminated, but that's me.

Personal choice.

Some people feel a sense of obligation to run all the way to the finish line.