EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (MRBOWLING300 is our August contestant)

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Got some bowling questions. If somebody has a perfect game going after 6 frames does everybody stop talking around the player like a baseball pitcher?

I googled a list of bowling strike names:

2 strikes: double or Barney Rubble
3 strikes : Turkey or triple
4 strikes: Hambone or 4 bagger
5 strikes: Yahtzee or 5 bagger
6 strikes: Six pack, Wild Turkey, or 6 bagger
7 strikes: Front seven or 7 bagger
8 strikes: Front 8 or 8 bagger
9 strikes: Front 9 or Golden Turkey or 9 bagger
10 strikes: Front 10 or 10 bagger
11 strikes: one day from retirement or front 11 or 11 bagger
12 strikes: Thanksgiving turkey or perfect game

If you throw 7 strikes in a row from frame 7 to the end of the game. do you call it the "back 6"?

Srems more like 8 strikes you start to be left alone, and no one certainly talks about it even tho everyone knows it's happening.

Once in awhile you'll hear someone say "I finished a game with the back 6"

Ive heard all those strike knicknames, splits have them too....like 7-10 split is bed posts, 4-6-7-10 is double pinochle or big 4. 4-6-7-8-10 is the Greek church. There's all kinds of terms you can Google too!!!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"300" was informative and entertaining.

Job well done.

He stayed on life support for about a week.

Loved his play on Northwestern +13.5, the right side AND the right price.

I wonder if HEIM will dazzle us with a sideshow like 300.

HEIM played JC basketball in California, a state known for quality play at the lower collegiate levels.

I also know HEIM is/was an attorney in California.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

Job well done.

HEIM played JC basketball in California, a state known for quality play at the lower collegiate levels.

Thanks again, JK! The NW game was my best play of the month!!! I'm unsure how many exactly, but probably 75% of my plays beat the closing #. Just goes to show you that kind of advantage doesn't always translate into W's. Please keep me in mind for next year, it was a blast.

BTW, this was my final score for the last 12 selections:

pinpalshare.png

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master

Job well done.

I'm more than happy to grab the baton from Keith and hopefully I won't need The Citadel (do they have a football team?) on the last pick to take the cash home again.

Keith gave it a run for the money during the toughest task, MLB.

6 out of 10 not only wins but shuts Railbird up. 😅

P.S. Division II JK, not JC 😁

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I'm more than happy to grab the baton from Keith and hopefully I won't need The Citadel (do they have a football team?) on the last pick to take the cash home again.

Thanks for the kind words Heim! I'll be rooting for you all the way to the finish line!!!!!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Division II, got it.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Speaking of Division II programs that have moved up a little. Keep an eye on North Dakota at Nebraska. USD Coyotes at Kansas State and beware of the Bunnies South Dakota State JackRabbits at the Iowa Hawkeyes.

My hat is off to Heim. Dvision II ballplayer is right there knocking on the door. At that level, some of those players have Division 1 talent and skill when they mature as juniors and seniors.