tripp

EOG Master
Re: EOG's Grand Challenge [Timely Hero is January's contestant]

Jeez no answer yet. I went two rounds and ate at the gooks

# of winners divided by # of plays = Win %

The # of plays will always be 30 regardless of a push

You have to WIN 18 games or better.

Thats how I understood it.

No disrespect meant, but I'm almost positive you are wrong.

Pushes wouldn't count when you do the %. 17-11-2 would be 17/28, which = 61%.

I am 99.9% sure JK has already answered this question as it was brought up multiple times before and people were confused as to what exactly the ruling was.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

No disrespect meant, but I'm almost positive you are wrong.

Pushes wouldn't count when you do the %. 17-11-2 would be 17/28, which = 61%.

I am 99.9% sure JK has already answered this question as it was brought up multiple times before and people were confused as to what exactly the ruling was.

I could be wrong. My understanding was you are graded on all 30 plays so I interpret as the push counting...

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I just remember him always using the example of 18 wins or better....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

It's semantics but we ruled earlier 17-11-2 or 1-0-29 is a winner.

tripp knew the rules.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Timely quick out of the gate.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

This is a 10-month event.

I expected we would pay two contestants (possibly three) in EOG's Grand Challenge.

Threre's a chance we will be paying three of the first four contestants.

Thank goodness munson15 went in the tank.

High Times

EOG Master

This is a 10-month event.

I expected we would pay two contestants (possibly three) in EOG's Grand Challenge.

Threre's a chance we will be paying three of the first four contestants.

Thank goodness munson15 went in the tank.

You guys (EOG) just might have the best group of handicappers together in 1 place .....

If you can't market that then give it up!

:pop:

Ray Luca

EOG Master

You guys (EOG) just might have the best group of handicappers together in 1 place .....

If you can't market that then give it up!

:pop:

He is right. And I have an idea what to do. I'll start a new thread about it

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Liked them w/o both but liked them at + points w/o both. Didn't get the + points, but we'll take the win. They're a good team w/o them, and the Hawks are unbelievably overrated right now.

You sumbitch. I need to get lucky here. Don't deserve this win.
The "W..." wasnt what it appeared. I typed in "What happened to the line, is somebody not playing?" Then i saw that wade and james were out so i deleted it and put dots but accidentally left the w in there.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The "W..." wasnt what it appeared. I typed in "What happened to the line, is somebody not playing?" Then i saw that wade and james were out so i deleted it and put dots but accidentally left the w in there.
hahaha, I expected no Wade but not no Lebron. I liked the Heat +++ money without Lebron but thought he was playing. We'll take it.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

38-22 +13.8 units YTD - just want to put that in there to keep track on the year in general.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for contributing to EOG, Timely.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Between the Bulls +1 1/2 and the Wizards +6 1/2. Ahhhh, the choices. I told myself yesterday that if the Bulls were dogs I'd be on them but I don't love it as muh this morning.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Bulls +1 - hate betting the same team twice in 4 nights but oh well. Not much else to chose from.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

38-22 +13.8 units YTD - just want to put that in there to keep track on the year in general.

Now you're adding contest plays to your regular posting record? Had you started 0-5 rather than 5-0 would you have done the same thing? No need to respond, just a rhetorical question. Carry on.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

i'm having trouble keeping up. what's the record?

pvcpipe

EOG Master

nevermind i just went and looked and he hasn't lost yet.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

I know I'll get buried for my opinion as TheManeJ (TimelyHitting) seems to have support from some of the regulars here but you should never add contest plays to your regular record. I was at the RX before this site existed and handled a hundred of these things, it's amazing how many people would attempt to fudge their record, even more amazed at how many others not involved would even care. Eventually we had simple rules you followed for plays to be counted in your regular posting record.

- Contest plays were not counted. The problem was if they did poorly the contestant would argue these were only contest plays. I had to make plays under certain contest rules, doesn't mean I wagered on them. No way that 2-11 record counts! If they won of course suddenly they should be counted. Hell yeah I'm counting that 23-2 run, why shouldn't I? In the end it was real simple, if you want your contest plays to count post them in the same manner as you did the other plays that made up your record to that point. If you started a thread stating plays that counted on your record, continue to do so in the same manner if you want them to count. If you didn't and just listed them for a contest then if you did good or bad it's not going to count for anything but the contest you are entered in.

- Plays must be listed on that forum. At first we would count records brought over from another forum. Say a player was 12-2 at MW, if he showed the record we would allow him to continue it at the RX. Why not, glad he joined us! Later we found out from others that yeah he was 12-2 at MW but here's 4 other forums he posted at where his record was horrible. Of course the player would forget to mention those records. In the end it was established, only plays that were posted on that forum would count. There were other rules we had to establish as we reviewed hundreds of this type of kiddie shit but it made it easier for us and the posters to know what was legit and what was not going forward. In short, there were no freerolls.

As far as this, good run so far, you're doing great in the contest. Obviously extremely small sample but 5-0 is 5-0, nothing wrong with that. And regardless of whether or not you're allowed to use contest plays now in your regular hoops record it provides insight into some of the other records you go around gloating about. I always wondered if they were legit, I think I got my answer. I'll move along and let the butt kissers do their work now. Good luck the rest of the way.