Eric Gordon went 7th???????

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: Eric Gordon went 7th???????

nah.... I compare him very close to Ben Gordan of the Bulls. Eric is going to score, there is no doubt about that.... good pick imo

nah.... I compare him very close to Ben Gordan of the Bulls. Eric is going to score, there is no doubt about that.... good pick imo

ZERO defense at the NCAA level. How do they think he can guard anyone at the next level?

His post season performances were AWFUL.

This guy will be out of the league in 3-5 years.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

ZERO defense at the NCAA level. How do they think he can guard anyone at the next level?

What did Beasely do for K State in the Post Season? It doesnt matter about that. Plus he was playing with injured wrist, lost their coach, etc, etc.... I think hes going to be solid

shot 37% from the field since february!!! i think hell still be in the league 5 years down the road but nothing special...he is an inconsistent iverson type

What did Beasely do for K State in the Post Season? It doesnt matter about that. Plus he was playing with injured wrist, lost their coach, etc, etc.... I think hes going to be solid

It doesnt matter when the post season comes around? When does it really matter then, the regular season?

FYI Beasley averaged 23.7 points and 11 boards during the post season.

The future bust averaged 12.0 points and a whopping 2 boards during the post season.

Gordon sucks and he fits right in with the BUMS he will be playing with.

WYM

EOG Dedicated

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

gotta remember what loser team picked this guy.

Apple

Banned

lol Clippers made a bad move???

Never this franchise has never made a bad move.. hahaha

5 star bomb

EOG Master

It doesnt matter when the post season comes around? When does it really matter then, the regular season?

FYI Beasley averaged 23.7 points and 11 boards during the post season.

The future bust averaged 12.0 points and a whopping 2 boards during the post season.

Gordon sucks and he fits right in with the BUMS he will be playing with.

ill try to remember to bump this thread when Gordon proves hes a solid player in the nba...

12io4j2w90

He can drive the lane like Allen Iverson shoots like Glenn Rice but if I had to compare him to an NBA player now I would have to have to say Paul Pierce.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

You guys are nuts not thinking hes good. I think he is a better all around basketball player than OJ Mayo. He has a much better shot than Mayo and can also drive. You will see....

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Bad Pick........????

But since it is the Clippers you gotta lean that way based on the past

You guys are nuts not thinking hes good. I think he is a better all around basketball player than OJ Mayo. He has a much better shot than Mayo and can also drive. You will see....

OJ Mayo plays much better defense and his game is geared much better for the NBA. Eric Gordon was not near as good as Ben Gordon in college. Eric is a poor ball handler, and may have a harder time getting off his shot. Then again, he is in the west where no one plays defense.

Remember guys this kid was hurt for the greater part of the year and all the shit that went on with his coach. I believe he will have an Impact right away and probably be runner up for rookie of the year.

Apple

Banned

Remember guys this kid was hurt for the greater part of the year and all the shit that went on with his coach. I believe he will have an Impact right away and probably be runner up for rookie of the year.

Hope you are right.. :cheers

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Better all around player than Mayo? Do you watch any basketball? The differences between the defense these two guys play is incredible as are the ball handling and passing skills. Gordon is the better shooter, but not sure there is one other thing he does better.

He can drive the lane like Allen Iverson shoots like Glenn Rice but if I had to compare him to an NBA player now I would have to have to say Paul Pierce.

gordon is 6'2 pierce is 6'7...gordon is nothing like paul pierce...gordon's best comparison is to iverson w/ a better pull up but a lot worse decision making skills on the court

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Better all around player than Mayo? Do you watch any basketball? The differences between the defense these two guys play is incredible as are the ball handling and passing skills. Gordon is the better shooter, but not sure there is one other thing he does better.

Yes I watch a lot of basketball.... Gordon will be the better pro. I take what you say with a grain of salt though.... Arnt you the 1 who said Jose Guillen was a great signing and would take the Royals over the top?

:LMAO

mayo averaged 20.7/4.5/3.3 shooting 44% from the field and 40% behind the arc

gordon averaged 20.9/3.3/2.4 shooting 43% from the field and 33% behind the arc

mofome

Banned

Some say he will be better than Mayo but....

:nono

I cant believe he went over bayliss.

i can believe he went over bayless due to his upside...if he can learn how to control the rock and make better decisions at point hell turn out as a good to great player...he has nba range and can light it up from all over the court but he shoots waaaay too many contested shots like he has something to prove to the world...he probably has one of the purest strokes in the draft but his %'s went down a lot throughout the big 10 schedule b/c he acted like he thought he had to win every game

gordon is 6'2 pierce is 6'7...gordon is nothing like paul pierce...gordon's best comparison is to iverson w/ a better pull up but a lot worse decision making skills on the court

Wow this guy knows nothing about basketball. I was comparing the style of play not there looks, hairstyles or height. Beasley is 6'8 and Barkleys only 6'4 but I still see the similarities.

alright well when pierce was at kansas he played big and off the ball a lot...killed along the baselines his career...he was strong w/ the ball and played on both sides of the ball (180 rebounds and 27 blocks)

gordon typically played w/ the ball most the time trying to beat his defenders off the dribble taking it to the paint to draw contact and fouls (went to the line 277 times compared to pierces 137)...never really went after many boards and was a nightmare w/ the ball in his hand against the big 10 (104 rebounds and 115 turnovers (79 of which were after the big 10 schedule started)...

now you tell me...do i know nothing about basketball? quit making bogus comparisons

alright well when pierce was at kansas he played big and off the ball a lot...killed along the baselines his career...he was strong w/ the ball and played on both sides of the ball (180 rebounds and 27 blocks)

gordon typically played w/ the ball most the time trying to beat his defenders off the dribble taking it to the paint to draw contact and fouls (went to the line 277 times compared to pierces 137)...never really went after many boards and was a nightmare w/ the ball in his hand against the big 10 (104 rebounds and 115 turnovers (79 of which were after the big 10 schedule started)...

now you tell me...do i know nothing about basketball? quit making bogus comparisons
Your 2nd comparison just explain Paul Pierce in the NBA! Thanks bro! Oh I dont remember seeing any of your bball picks over in the NBA forum.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

if he's such a bad pick, maybe the Clips will let us have him back for 3 years...

i think we could use him...:rolleyes:

pierce is not a nightmare w/ the ball in his hands and plays amazing defense...two of the major drawbacks in gordon's game...if you really want to think that gordon resembles anything close to paul pierce then be the lone person in the forum to think that

and since i joined here in june...its kind of hard to turn back time to post picks on here

pierce is not a nightmare w/ the ball in his hands and plays amazing defense...two of the major drawbacks in gordon's game...if you really want to think that gordon resembles anything close to paul pierce then be the lone person in the forum to think that

and since i joined here in june...its kind of hard to turn back time to post picks on here
LOL OK hard to argue with someone that obviously doesnt know basketball Pierce avg 2.76 turnovers a game among the worst in the NBA and that was better year than his norm which is over 3! LOL

Gordon couldnt defend in a soft Big 10 Conference. His cover will score at will in the big leagues.

This guy will be in Europe in 3-5 years.

Apple

Banned

i can believe he went over bayless due to his upside...if he can learn how to control the rock and make better decisions at point hell turn out as a good to great player...he has nba range and can light it up from all over the court but he shoots waaaay too many contested shots like he has something to prove to the world...he probably has one of the purest strokes in the draft but his %'s went down a lot throughout the big 10 schedule b/c he acted like he thought he had to win every game

In Jan of this year people were saying Gordon would be top 3..

Apple

Banned

LOL OK hard to argue with someone that obviously doesnt know basketball Pierce avg 2.76 turnovers a game among the worst in the NBA and that was better year than his norm which is over 3! LOL

If Mayo gets a lot of playing time I won't be surprised if he avg's 4.5 or even 5 TO's a game..