Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

MrTop

EOG Master
What Happened: The cause of the soaring could be a short squeeze involving arbitrage traders or a so-called “arb squeeze” according to Dennis Dick, head of markets structure at Bright Trading, Bloomberg reported.
The thinly traded Class B shares — nearly 94% controlled by television tycoon John Malone — saw volumes spike by nearly 39,445% in Wednesday’s trading.
The latest move in the shares could be an indicator that arbitrage traders were trading the Class B shares after not being able to borrow against Class A shares, according to Dick, reported Bloomberg.
“Maybe some arbs are short one class and long the other, but then the position gets too big and they’re unable to get out, prompting a squeeze on the one class,” said Dick.

Hilarious, GameStop and AMC having no problem doing share issues now. This shit is straight out of the Hong Kong playbook. Its certainly not a Graham/Buffett buy stocks for value and hold forever market anymore.

MrTop

EOG Master
Hilarious, GameStop and AMC having no problem doing share issues now. This shit is straight out of the Hong Kong playbook. Its certainly not a Graham/Buffett buy stocks for value and hold forever market anymore.

microsoft bought into gamestop.... they are going to shut down stores... then putting the whole thing online ... probably for betting purposes too

MrTop

EOG Master
JPMORGAN EYEING BITCOIN’S CONTANGO, RELEASES BULLISH REPORT

JPMorgan has released a report on the futures and derivatives market around bitcoin, providing insight and bullish sentiment.

has released a report on the futures and derivatives market around bitcoin, providing insight and bullish sentiment.

MrTop

EOG Master
CDC news came out on a JNJ shot blood clots .. JNJ down about 3% in stocks from last night....
there has been 6 women out of about 6 million that got blood clots.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
CDC news came out on a JNJ shot blood clots .. JNJ down about 3% in stocks from last night....

Seems odd they would do that for 6 women. Moderna and Pfizer each had over 1100 deaths thru late March and not as serious? Only explanation is they feared another Astra Zeneca situation, where there was a fairly large number of those who suffered blood clots after the vax. It had been pulled in a number of European countries. J & J sample size of those receiving the shot much lower than the other two.

Valuist

EOG Master
How about this: yesterday before the open, the news broke that Alibaba was getting fined $2.8 billion by China. The stock? Ended up rallying 8 percent. Apparently people were expecting a bigger fine.

MrTop

EOG Master
I can't play baba now. i wish i jumped on it in 2017.. a bit late for me... . but i do have them in a package.. i played barrack gold last week.. and franco nevada a month ago

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
I can't play baba now. i wish i jumped on it in 2017.. a bit late for me... . but i do have them in a package.. i played barrack gold last week.. and franco nevada a month ago

Like the miners better than the GLD.

Don't discount BABA. They are the Amazon of China. This will be a monster for years.

MrTop

EOG Master
Like the miners better than the GLD.

Don't discount BABA. They are the Amazon of China. This will be a monster for years.

totally agree..a growth stock for sure.. you cannot go wrong.. i have been listening to the china hawks too much LOL

i got a mining stock... SBSW been on a run for some time

I'm sure you inject anything into an arm and you get a 1 in a million blood clot reaction. How stupid is that? Same shit with Astra Zeneca.

MrTop

EOG Master
I'm sure you inject anything into an arm and you get a 1 in a million blood clot reaction. How stupid is that? Same shit with Astra Zeneca.

yep.. most of it corrected at JNJ... I wonder how taking a 82 mg aspirin blood thinner like i do... would hold up against the vax clot.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
yep.. most of it corrected at JNJ... I wonder how taking a 82 mg aspirin blood thinner like i do... would hold up against the vax clot.

The FDA is telling doctors not to use heparin (common blood thinner) as a treatment to the J&J vaccine reaction. Obviously the 6 million total vaccinated is irrelevant. The sample size to consider is vaccinated women between 18 and 48 with a propensity to low platelet count which is a much smaller group. Also the reaction seems to first occur from 6 to 13 days after the vax, so there are probably many more that will report clotting problems in the next week or two.

Mr Top, just a guess, but since presumably you aren't in the affected group, your low dose aspirin is probably ok to continue.

Last edited:

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Sold my barrick gold for a loss, decided to put the proceeds in more silver,with the economy opening up this helps the industrial side. Looking to get back in barrick about a year from now when the market might tank and silvers industrial side might go with it to some extent. Think silver outperforms gold in a big way. Looks like apple closed the gap on gme. gme 140.62 apple 134.37. Would be fun if books offered stock matchups.

MrTop

EOG Master
Sold my barrick gold for a loss, decided to put the proceeds in more silver,with the economy opening up this helps the industrial side. Looking to get back in barrick about a year from now when the market might tank and silvers industrial side might go with it to some extent. Think silver outperforms gold in a big way. Looks like apple closed the gap on gme. gme 140.62 apple 134.37. Would be fun if books offered stock matchups.

i read something yesterday... the stock market will be so different so many years from now because of blockchain.. something about 24 hours... i was not sure exactly. But they for sure said prices would be better ...more consolidating . more bells and whistles ... So i think it could very well look like sports in a way. Maybe matchups will all different type of investing.

many 3rd party shops will be in trouble.... i read i think MLB jumped in with the videos like the NBA

Leagues are all getting paid because of sports betting now, TV contracts going through the roof even with declining ratings. They know they will make it back through all sorts of tie ins to new revenue sources.