Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The FDA is telling doctors not to use heparin (common blood thinner) as a treatment to the J&J vaccine reaction. Obviously the 6 million total vaccinated is irrelevant. The sample size to consider is vaccinated women between 18 and 48 with a propensity to low platelet count which is a much smaller group. Also the reaction seems to first occur from 6 to 13 days after the vax, so there are probably many more that will report clotting problems in the next week or two.

Mr Top, just a guess, but since presumably you aren't in the affected group, your low dose aspirin is probably ok to continue.

Does the fact its all women so far make it more likely or less likely the vaccine is the cause?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Does the fact its all women so far make it more likely or less likely the vaccine is the cause?

Hard to tell, its such a small sample.

We need more information. Also the rush to vaccinate has apparently precluded testing for antibodies signifying a previous COVID infection. One theory is a previous infection along with the vaccine can cause lots of problems in rare cases.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

We need more information. Also the rush to vaccinate has apparently precluded testing for antibodies signifying a previous COVID infection. One theory is a previous infection along with the vaccine can cause lots of problems in rare cases.

Which is why I am holding off on vaccine. I still have natural antibodies from covid infection one year ago

As typical in this pandemic we always learn a lot every 3 months, but the rush takes precedence. A lot of ideas seemed ridiculous to me in the beginning, like wiping down everything I bought at the supermarket with a disinfectant, but doctors really had no answers so they just throw everything they can think of at this and grade it later.

Valuist

EOG Master

I nominate Computer Bob to replace Fauci.

Valuist

EOG Master
Another SPAC related EV stock getting killed today (QS). Electric may EVENTUALLY take over, but it isn't happening by 2025 or 2030, like the government wants. I think that Texas storm really showed how far EV is far taking over. It's one thing to not have the charging stations, but the grid can get overwhelmed. Imagine what plugging in 10-20 million cars over night in a state would do.

MrTop

EOG Master
Another SPAC related EV stock getting killed today (QS). Electric may EVENTUALLY take over, but it isn't happening by 2025 or 2030, like the government wants. I think that Texas storm really showed how far EV is far taking over. It's one thing to not have the charging stations, but the grid can get overwhelmed. Imagine what plugging in 10-20 million cars over night in a state would do.

china did it with no problem cause there is no push back china has engineers ...the US has attorneys. ..... also Musk went to the car companies to get on the same page. They told him to go screw... Now his car works everywhere... their car does not... the stations have different charging speed.. This is where the gov't should of stepped in with regulation... Now this is the chicken and the egg show. Until the gov't tells the car companies to stop making gas cars thru laws... it will drag on more.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Any holiday weekend...

SPACs are lots of hype and nonsense right now, I don't think the underlying story makes a difference.

Valuist

EOG Master
SPACs are lots of hype and nonsense right now, I don't think the underlying story makes a difference.

I agree with the first part of your statement; not as sure on the second part.

But then again, regardless of SPAC, if there wasn't a compelling story (at some point), the underlying stock likely wouldn't do much.

MrTop

EOG Master
JPMorgan Bets $4.8 Billion on Disrupting World’s Biggest Sport ( soccer )

to help set up the Super League,

Valuist

EOG Master
Will the Coinbase IPO be the new "Palm IPO"? Palm debuted with all kinds of hype and soared big the first few hours, only to close day one well off its highs. COIN kind of did the same thing. Obviously PALM wasn't the reason for the dot.com implosion; it just symbolized it, as the implosion started within 10 days of that IPO. By most accounts, we have many silly valuations in the market right now. Of course we are in different times, with the insane amounts of money printing, stimulus and debt.

MrTop

EOG Master
china slowing down... lowest quarter in a decade

fast growing economies

ethiopia 8.9
bangladesh 7.4
vietnam 6.6
P.I. 6.2

MrTop

EOG Master
so i go get a shot.... i pick up the WSJ at the supermarket even though i subscribe to digital... what do i read... Pfizer uncovers fake vaccines on the front page....i get home and Heath care is going thru the woodshed... of course i am leaning in stocks on healthcare and financials.

getting buried in the market today :mad:

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Funny shit up in here.

The site scorekeeper giving out medical advice.

Chitty is like the old Sunday comic section. Same shit for years, still funny as fukk.