Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

MrTop

EOG Master
Wynn to Take Online-Betting Business Public in SPAC Merger...The Las Vegas-based gambling giant said Monday it will merge its online operations with Austerlitz Acquisition Corp ....The new entity will also take over the sports books at the Wynn properties in Las Vegas.

MrTop

EOG Master
BJK - VanEck Vectors Gaming ETF - a good way to bet on gaming without playing an individual stock

ytd return 11.53%

fund top holdings

elvolution
flutter entertainment
las vegas sands
aritocrat leisure
galaxy entertainment
draftkings
caesars
MGM
Vici properties
sands china

BJK - VanEck Vectors Gaming ETF - a good way to bet on gaming without playing an individual stock

ytd return 11.53%

fund top holdings

elvolution
flutter entertainment
las vegas sands
aritocrat leisure
galaxy entertainment
draftkings
caesars
MGM
Vici properties
sands china

I think the gaming run is in about the bottom of the 8th. The real money was made last year after March when a lot of smaller companies were valued like they were going under. And then if you bought into the momentum on online/sports in the second half of last year. Those two trends are done. What's left might be some of the suppliers and big cap names, but those stocks rarely go on a massive momentum run.

MrTop

EOG Master
I think the gaming run is in about the bottom of the 8th. The real money was made last year after March when a lot of smaller companies were valued like they were going under. And then if you bought into the momentum on online/sports in the second half of last year. Those two trends are done. What's left might be some of the suppliers and big cap names, but those stocks rarely go on a massive momentum run.

is the economy in the bottom of the 8th ? gaming is tied to the economy.. I am thinking top of the 7th , but bottom of the 8th is a good bet too.

is the economy in the bottom of the 8th ? gaming is tied to the economy.. I am thinking top of the 7th , but bottom of the 8th is a good bet too.

Most traditional gaming stocks don't trade on economic cycle, they follow interest rates more closely since its always been build it with debt and then pay it down afterwards. With REITs dominating now its even more rate sensitive. All the online and sports betting followed a hype cycle, but now it seems like a more rational view is emerging.

MrTop

EOG Master
Most traditional gaming stocks don't trade on economic cycle, they follow interest rates more closely since its always been build it with debt and then pay it down afterwards. With REITs dominating now its even more rate sensitive. All the online and sports betting followed a hype cycle, but now it seems like a more rational view is emerging.

I don't think you want to be in gaming when economy tanks...which is discretionary spending &

equity Real estate investment trust in Cyclical sector.. just about worn down.. . better off switching to sensitive or staples than gaming going forward ..materials out of cyclical doing well

MrTop

EOG Master
joe's big infrastructure spending program is getting closer.. as vulcan materials is merging with U.S. concrete ... US concrete a shares went up 30% from friday

Vulcan materials ticker VMC

MrTop

EOG Master
AMC and GameStop might get added to the Russell index. What a joke.

agree it is too volatile ...but the returns are there for sure. Why wait 1-2 to rebalance the russell index 1k, 2k ... why not come out with a meme index... rebalance these once every month or two stay ahead of the curve. throw any stock they play with inside the meme index ASAP...why screw up a solid index for them... I always possible this is the hedge fund people too.

Valuist

EOG Master
Just heard an analyst discussing Peloton. "For Peloton to merit its valuation ($33.5 billion), every current subscriber would need to keep their membership for 26 years.

Basically Peloton is dressed up. It's coming off a year with a dream scenario with a pandemic.

Valuist

EOG Master
DKNG getting smoked for very dubious reasons...

I've heard of Hindenberg. They've put out a number of hit pieces in the last year or so. I think they tried to smoke Lordstown Motors recently. The CEO and CFO did just leave this week, but the company stated basically that Hindenberg was full of shit. I think they are grasping at straws here. "Let's play the old stereotype" of gambling and the mob. Could be a buying opp on the drop.

I've heard of Hindenberg. They've put out a number of hit pieces in the last year or so. I think they tried to smoke Lordstown Motors recently. The CEO and CFO did just leave this week, but the company stated basically that Hindenberg was full of shit. I think they are grasping at straws here. "Let's play the old stereotype" of gambling and the mob. Could be a buying opp on the drop.
Very corrupt business they do, it's always the same. Take a position, put out a complete bullshit piece that is 100% speculative and then exit the short in a week or two

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Selling some puts
Be happy to own if trades lower and happy to receive premium no matter what

MrTop

EOG Master

Robots Are Making Us All Buy Overvalued Bonds​

Automatic asset allocation rules governing savings and pension plans are driving purchases that appear to make no sense

only a matter of time.

MrTop

EOG Master
Even though the price of gold is 50 times as high as in 1971, stocks have performed even better. The S&P 500 has produced an annualized return of 11.2% since August 1971, assuming dividends were reinvested along the way. That compares with 8.2% annualized for gold. Furthermore, the only reason gold came even this close to matching stocks over the past 50 years was its huge return during the first decade following Nixon’s announcement. Take away that decade, and gold has lagged behind even intermediate-term Treasury notes. Over the past 40 years, gold has risen at a 3.6% annualized rate, compared with 12.2% for the S&P 500 and 8.2% for the Treasurys.

WSJ

Valuist

EOG Master
Even though the price of gold is 50 times as high as in 1971, stocks have performed even better. The S&P 500 has produced an annualized return of 11.2% since August 1971, assuming dividends were reinvested along the way. That compares with 8.2% annualized for gold. Furthermore, the only reason gold came even this close to matching stocks over the past 50 years was its huge return during the first decade following Nixon’s announcement. Take away that decade, and gold has lagged behind even intermediate-term Treasury notes. Over the past 40 years, gold has risen at a 3.6% annualized rate, compared with 12.2% for the S&P 500 and 8.2% for the Treasurys.

WSJ
The precious metals market has been manipulated for awhile by some of the big banks. JPM got fined nearly a billion dollars for its role. But how many billions did they make in the process?

MrTop

EOG Master
The precious metals market has been manipulated for awhile by some of the big banks. JPM got fined nearly a billion dollars for its role. But how many billions did they make in the process?

i am pretty sure it was 50 million it happened in the UK with a chase trader. of course they made more LOL

MrTop

EOG Master
EOG Resources, Inc. explores, develops, produces, and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China, and from time to time select other international areas

I like this one..

ticker : EOG

$69.35

MrTop

EOG Master
to get a nice crypto Index try BITQ

It has all the big boys in it

microstrategy
coinbase
silvergate
Mara
HIVE
BITF
RIOT
HUT
GLXY
ARB

Started back in May 2021
3 month return +13.11%

MrTop

EOG Master
Masterworks was founded to make it possible for everyone to invest in blue-chip art, from artists like Monet to Banksy. From 1995 to 2020, data shows that contemporary art prices out-gained S&P 500 returns by 174% according to Citi.