Fedor Says No Thanks to the UFC ...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
:+textinb3

People think the UFC can compete with boxing and the best fighter in the world, in MMA, won't even fight in UFC. That's a joke.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Fedor Says No Thanks to the UFC ...

So I guess Fedor vs Lesnar won't happen then..

Nope, and White feels like an idiot because he basically advertised a fight before it happened (because he was so arrogant he thought he could get Fador no matter what), and now it won't happen.

BTW, how can someone call Fador the best fighter in the world - maybe even best ever - if he's fought in a lesser league his whole life?

Hard to blame Fedor, Dana is the white Don King.
If you sign w/ UFC you are practically signing over your soul, they ownyou...
UFC has so many shady business practices, too many to start listing...
One glaring example is image copyright, that's right, the UFC owns your image if you fight with them. This enables them to further capitalize on their fighters through video games, posters, etc. w/o compensating the fighters themselves on these projects. How would it feel not to own your own image?

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Nope, and White feels like an idiot because he basically advertised a fight before it happened (because he was so arrogant he thought he could get Fador no matter what), and now it won't happen.

BTW, how can someone call Fador the best fighter in the world - maybe even best ever - if he's fought in a lesser league his whole life?
Fedor fought for Pride. I wouldnt exactly call them a lesser league when they were around. A lot of the UFC top fighters of yesterday and today also fought for Pride.

Fedor's handlers aren't innocent in this mess either...
The real travesty here is the re-signing of Tito
Once Dana realized he wasn't getting Fedor, he made an even bigger mistake

PassTheRock

EOG Master

"Fedor is a f---ing joke," UFC President Dana White responded Monday after learning that Emelianenko had signed with Strikeforce. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money!"

White also addressed fans: "I feel sorry for the real fight fans. I wanted to make the deal, but it takes two and it is very obvious Fedor doesn't want to fight the best, and doesn't give a sh-t about the fans!"

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

LOL, compete?? They passed boxing a while back, wake up.

Pay-Per-View numbers certainly would argue that.

Mo, how is this old news when Dana White spoke about it yesterday. It may have happened a couple of days ago, but White first commented on it yesterday.