Fellas, this is one of the most exciting days of my life!

Well fellas...I know a lot of you are die hard fans for your team no matter what the sport. I am a huge sports fan and have been all my life. But today is the biggest day of my "sports fan" life.

A lot of you have gone through ups and downs with your teams I am sure...rebuilding...disappointing playoff losses...blockbuster trades...etc. As a Clipper fan, I have rarely had the opportunity to enjoy anything other than the excitement of draft day where we always held a lottery pick.

I have been a Clippers fan for over 25 years. I am only 30 so I started young when the rest of California was busy jumping on the Lakers "Showtime" bandwagon. I still remember the last time we went to the playoffs when I was in high school. An awesome feeling.

I have sat through the following drafts:

1998...we take Michael Olowokandi with the 1st overall pick. Here is who went in the top 10 after our pick:

Mike Bibby
Vince Carter
Dirk Nowitzki
Paul Pierce

Boy did we get a steal there...

1996...we take Lorenzen Wright at #7. Good thing we passed on these guys who went after him:

Kobe Bryant
Pedrag Stojakovich
Steve Nash
Jermaine O'Neal

1995...we take Antonio McDyess #2. Then we trade him for Brent Barry and Rodney Rogers. Thank God we took McDyess at #2 instead of Rasheed Wallace or Kevin Garnett who followed our pick.

1994...we take Lamond Murray at #7. This actually turns out to be a decent pick as no one after him really made it other than Eddie Jones.

1992...we take Randy Woods at #16 and get another steal in Elmore Spencer at #25.

1990 #8 Bo Kimble
1989 #2 Danny Ferry

I have sat through these seasons:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle bgColor=#000099>Season</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#000099>Wins</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#000099>Losses</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#000099>Pct.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>2002-03</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>27</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>55</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.329</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>2001-02</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>39</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>43</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.476</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>2000-01</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>31</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>51</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.378</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1999-00</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>15</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>67</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.183</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1998-99</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>9</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>41</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.180</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1997-98</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>17</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>65</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.207</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1996-97</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>36</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>46</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.439</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1995-96</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>29</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>53</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.354</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1994-95</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>17</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>65</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.207</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1993-94</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>27</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>55</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.329</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1992-93</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>41</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>41</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.500</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1991-92</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>45</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>37</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.549</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1990-91</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>31</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>51</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.378</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1989-90</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>30</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>52</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.366</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1988-89</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>21</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>61</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.256</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1987-88</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>17</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>65</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.207</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1986-87</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>12</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>70</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.146</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1985-86</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>32</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>50</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.390</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1984-85</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>31</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>51</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.378</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1983-84</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>30</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>52</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.366</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1982-83</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>25</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>57</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.305</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>1981-82</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>17</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>65</TD><TD class=gsGROWOdd align=middle>.207</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>1980-81</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>36</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>46</TD><TD class=gsGROWEven align=middle>.439</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

But this weekend I will be heading to the Staples Center to see my first ever Clippers playoff game. After sitting through season after season of absolutely miserable basketball...this feels really great.

With tonight's loss, we are the #6 seed and have home court advantage over Denver in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Granted, we aren't a contender for a title without Maggette, but going to the playoffs for me as a Clippers fan is about as rewarding as the top teams winning a title. There were years where I felt we would never be a playoff team. I thought Sterling would do everything possible to keep this team away from the spotlight.

Awesome, awesome feeling to be heading to the Staples this weekend as an honest LIFELONG Clippers fan that has waited for this day for 25 years. I can assure you no other fans have waited this long and gone through this many years of horrid seasons...simply because no other franchise has been this bad. The future looks bright, but it wouldn't feel near this good if this was something that happened year in and year out.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Congrats Clip....

now you know how i felt a few years ago, when the Bucs finally won the Superbowl, after years of frustration, it was awesome...

good luck in the playoffs...

Clip Joint,

As a long suffering JETS fan, I can relate...

Enjoy and....

GO CLIPPERS!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Bucsfan67 said:
Congrats Clip....

now you know how i felt a few years ago, when the Bucs finally won the Superbowl, after years of frustration, it was awesome...

good luck in the playoffs...

Thanks man...I can't even fathom a championship. Just making the playoffs is an amazing feeling.

THE SHRINK said:
Clip Joint,

As a long suffering JETS fan, I can relate...

Enjoy and....

GO CLIPPERS!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I am telling you boss...I don't think anyone can relate. At least with the Jets, you only have to sit through 16 miserable games a season. I have been sitting through 82 a season! LOL

Thanks!

Clip,

We do allow people to share the name of whatever forum it is you are referring to over here, but I have a feeling I know...(RX?)

I will be pulling hard for your Clippers...

THE SHRINK

THE SHRINK said:
Clip,

We do allow people to share the name of whatever forum it is you are referring to over here, but I have a feeling I know...(RX?)

I will be pulling hard for your Clippers...

THE SHRINK

LOL...yea. You got me started over there and I have developed some good friends. Hoping to do the same here now that I followed you over.

Clip Joint said:
With tonight's loss, we are the #6 seed and have home court advantage over Denver in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Clip-
Congrats and hope they spring the upset on the Nuggs. Don't sit in an empty arena though. I think THEY have the home court advantage. But you'll steal that away in game 1 anyway.

Good luck!
RR

MoneyManager

EOG Enthusiast
Yep! A feeling better than a good one night stand, a drive straight down the fairway or within 4 feet of the cup, and well ----- the money is I win is also good, But this is a feeling one can only get from sports! GO CLIPS ( if only for Clip Joint's sake )

GO ASTROS! ------ my personal favorite

Rinkrat said:
Clip-
Congrats and hope they spring the upset on the Nuggs. Don't sit in an empty arena though. I think THEY have the home court advantage. But you'll steal that away in game 1 anyway.

Good luck!
RR

Sorry man...you are wrong. I already have my tickets. We have the better record and would have won the tiebreaker even if we had the same record as the Nuggets. The NBA does it differently.

This is on the ESPN NBA page also...

"The Clippers might have won by losing to the Grizzlies on Tuesday. L.A. is the No. 6 seed in the West but has home court against No. 3 Denver, while No. 5 Memphis gets No. 4 Dallas."

Clip-
My bad, sorry. Should have read up on it first and and sincerely glad you get home court.

But in all honesty, they should do it like the NHL. It makes no sense to me or Elton.....

<!--StartFragment -->
"This isn't our fault. We're not doing anything wrong, but the league has put us in this position," Clippers forward Elton Brand told the Los Angeles Times on Monday. "The league has put people in position to have to answer these questions about seeding, first-round matchups and all of that.
"All I know is that we get the home court [advantage] if we're sixth, and we don't get it if we're fifth. I know something doesn't seem right about that, but that's just the way it is, and we're working under the rules."

roach23

Banned
How crazy would it be if the Lakers and Clippers met in the playoffs? Not gonna happen this year...but still. No true home court advantage for either team...

roach23 said:
How crazy would it be if the Lakers and Clippers met in the playoffs? Not gonna happen this year...but still. No true home court advantage for either team...

It might not happen this year...but we have a young and talented nucleus. Don't be surprised to see it in the next 3 years.