Fezzik Week 7, Plus 2,825

Fezzik

EOG Veteran
A nice week, but I expected to make this amount EVERY week when I started this experiment.

Was I just lucky this week? Is my game that much better? (It is considerably improved just in the 7 weeks I've been playing full-time).

Am I outplaying good players? No. Almost all of my wins are simply from players making big and egregious mistakes IMO.

We will see what develops............

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated
Re: Fezzik Week 7, Plus 2,825

I've been watching your posts.

Is it possible winning at poker is not as easy as you once thought?
Is the luck on the river offsetting good play where chance creeps in as more of a percentage in winning versus losing?

Fezzik

EOG Veteran
Knowing a real pro would have helped me a lot

Knowing a real pro would have helped me a lot

I have to learn everything myself. Thus, the learning curve is steeper.

It would be like a sports bettor starting out without knowing how critical it was to have acess to a Pinny account.

The Devil

EOG Master

A nice week, but I expected to make this amount EVERY week when I started this experiment.

Was I just lucky this week? Is my game that much better? (It is considerably improved just in the 7 weeks I've been playing full-time).

Am I outplaying good players? No. Almost all of my wins are simply from players making big and egregious mistakes IMO.

We will see what develops............

AGREE WITH THAT THEORY.........YOU TAKE FROM THE PLAYERS THAT MAKE THE MISTAKES.........BUT IT IS STILL POKER AND YOU NEED THE CARD GOD ON YOUR SIDE.........THOSE 2 OUTERS WHEN YOU HAVE THE BETTER POCKET PAIR ARE KILLERS...............

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

The comments about Pinny and Matchbook seem to say that where you play sports bets at is a key to winning providing you can define value.

In poker - what is more important? Knowing how to play poker or where to play poker and against whom???

BTW, congrats to you Senor Fezzik!

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

Actually poker 2008 was a failure, it did not live up to my expectations.

I do believe $3,000/week is a reasonable win goal for me in the near future, but I was hoping my game was there already......and it isn't there.