Fire the scouting department for the Vikings!

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Who was the moron who thought they could block Khalil Mack with one guy? And just as stupid was rushing the passer out of control and letting Trubisky flush out of the pocket.

There was very seldom a tight end on the Mack side. The other guy is that tough, also. So, to slow down the rush it would take a double tight end formation? That leaves one back and two wide outs. Thielen and Diggs would get double and triple covered.

Not sure why the Bears backed off and started playing prevent style defense unless Mack had been rushing so hard he started running out of gas?

But, it started with the offense who was not only not making points - they were giving up points. I say teams better scout this - why not a heavy dose of running right at Mack? Even three and out is better than giving up the points they did. We are back to square one in that teams have to be able to run enough to keep the defense honest. Running by deception does not count as running - draws etc. smash mouth counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valuist

EOG Master
Who was the moron that thought they could block Khalil Mack with one guy? And just as stupid was rushing the passer out of control and letting Trubisky flush out of the pocket.

There was very seldom a tight end on the Mack side. The other guy is that tough, also. So, to slow down the rush it would take a double tight end formation? That leaves one back and two wide outs. Thielen and Diggs would get double and triple covered.

Not sure why the Bears backed off and started playing prevent style defense unles Mack had been rushing so hard he started running out of gas?

But, it started with the offense who was not only not making points - they were giving up points. I say teams better scout this - why not a heavy dose of running right at Mack? Even three and out is better than giving up the points they did. We are back to square one in that teams have to be able to run enough to keep the defense honest. Running by deception does not count as running - draws etc. smash mouth counts.

The running out of gas is very much a possibility. In week 1 it wasn't unexpected, coming off the holdout. But he should not be running out of gas at this point.

I know they used Cook a few times to try to help out on Mack.

MrTop

EOG Master
I agree I thought they should of won by more than 5 since they had a good lead.

The bettors were sweating it out that had -3 until the failed 2 pts

Valuist

EOG Master
I agree I thought they should of won by more than 5 since they had a good lead.

The bettors were sweating it out that had -3 until the failed 2 pts

Nobody should've had -3. If a bettor likes Team A at minus 2.5, there's no reason to wait.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
An under that went over.

Tough loss for those who played LOW.

Of course, some shops were dealing 45 and even 45.5 early in the week.

blueline

EOG Master
I onky saw them run the ball once to the side of the field where Mack lined up...they faked the run a few times in Macks direcion

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
A good reason why one needs some options offshore.
I used to have many outs offshore. The hassle of funding, the 5 dimes credit card theft, and the constant barrage of phone calls offering promos basically ended it for me.

I was on the minn side.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I onky saw them run the ball once to the side of the field where Mack lined up...they faked the run a few times in Macks direcion

Good point! I am convinced The game plan has to change based on the opponent. Seems to me - when Mack lines up two yeards wide - that is an audible -run right at that big hole - defensive tackle keeps Mack from filling the hole because now he has an angle-at least get in the way now. It is definitely one of the weaknesses of a one back offense - nobody to lead the play. At any rate, run right at Mack - keep him honest. Need some body blows like a boxer.

It does take half of the playbook away. There is time for 1-2-3 pop and that is it (Rodgers did this for 5-6 in a row). Even if you roll the pocket to the right - Mack is quick enough to line up wide and run the play down - Vikings were barely getting a hand on him.

Vikings offensive players did not get beat as much as the Vikings offensive coaching staff got outcoached. That was terrible scouting and play calling.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Mahomes sprinted out to the right and probably 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage turned and threw a bomb to his receiver on a double move. That was creative- KC can get that bomb throw off every time with that technique and the left tackle can take a different angle to get some contact with the left defensive end