First concert

railbird

EOG Master
I thought mine was billy joel when i was 15, my sister corrected me tho. She said it was Louis Armstrong when i was 3yrs old at disneyland. she took me to it.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
When I went to Disneyland one year back in the 80's, Slick Rick and Doug E Fresh were performing.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Iron Maiden with Megadeth opening at the old Rosemont Horizon.

Year was 1988 I think.

was SO not into metal... but my best friend was and his mom wouldn't let him go by himself so I took one for the team.

railbird

EOG Master
as a ticket scalper, i have worked jones beach, huge police gustapo presence there. the gorge, woodland amp, irvine meadowns, harveys reno, redrocks, cuyhoga falls

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Iron Maiden with Megadeth opening at the old Rosemont Horizon.

Year was 1988 I think.

was SO not into metal... but my best friend was and his mom wouldn't let him go by himself so I took one for the team.
Dead serious, I was at that show. Seventh Son Tour.

E$

EOG Dedicated
My parents to me to a Beach Boys concert when I was about 10 or 11

I won tickets to a Tesla concert on a radio contest/call in when I was 16

Living in Denver, both were at Red Rocks as well as many others since

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I thought mine was billy joel when i was 15, my sister corrected me tho. She said it was Louis Armstrong when i was 3yrs old at disneyland. she took me to it.

Birdie and Louis Armstong in the same sentence.

Stop it.

Stop it right now.

1594608369557.png

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I was on the clock when attending my first concert.

Served as an Andy Frain usher for an ELO concert at the old Chicago Stadium (1800 W. Madison Avenue).

1594608766292.png

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Never got to go to a concert until I was in college....My Mom was pretty strict on me during the late sixties...Had a chance to go to Woodstock but my Mom said absolutely not....I miss my Mom, she was the greatest....

skinny

EOG Addicted
Well played, Pete.

Salvatore Bono and Cherilyn Sarkisian.

When the two met in a Los Angeles restaurant in 1962, Sonny was 27 and Cher was only 16.
They had a popular variety show on TV in the 70's.
They split up and Cher went on to marry Greg Allman, that didn't last very long either.

boston massacre

EOG Master
All This Political Correctness Bullshit, and All This Cancel Culture Bullshit, Comes From Liberal Snow Flake University Professors and Their Views on Society.

They Can All GO FUCK THEMSELVES.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
First Community Center - Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark (OMD)
First Concert Hall - The English Beat ( College radio band REM opened)
First Stadium- The Clash, RIP Joe Strummer.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Are you a fan of Dream Theater? I'd heard of them but really didn't know their music. Seems like Yes meets Rush meets Iron Maiden. Mix of metal and prog.
Yes, I've seen them also with Deep Purple. I like them in smaller doses as it starts to sound the same after awhile. Your comparison is a good one.