Florida Derby card - Gulfstream Park

Valuist

EOG Master
Lets keep politics OUT of this thread. This is a gambling site, and this is a great card, so lets not only leave politics out, let's leave Coronavirus talk out as well. One can mention it only in the context that Javier Castellano is off all mounts, due to testing positive.

Valuist

EOG Master
Race 3 going to try to get a longshot into exacta. I'm gonna use the 3 & 5 in the win slot, and the 1,7 & 14 in the underneath slot.

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's the early scoresheet, trainer/rider wise

race 1: Clement/Rosario at 19-1 and off layoff
race 2: Arnold/Gaffalione
race 3: Pletcher/Luis Saez

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Race 4 playing a DD part wheel; 6-9-10 with 5-10-11

Clement/Rosario with another layoff horse here, which was the winning combo in race 1. South Bend getting overlooked a bit. In next leg, I'm hoping the 11 gets clear. The 5 ran a pretty good race last out in his first race over a dry track. And Bourbon War should improve back on his preferred surface and it should be noted Leparoux gets off Chewing Gum to ride Bourbon War.

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's the early scoresheet, trainer/rider wise

race 1: Clement/Rosario at 19-1 and off layoff

Thru 5 races;

race 1: Clement/Rosario
race 4: Clement/Rosario
race 5: Loza/Zayas

Valuist

EOG Master
Going to play doubles here in race 6. 1-3-9-10 with 2-8-9. Clement trains both the 8 and 9 and already has won two today. Joel will be aboard the 9.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
6 at 7/1 is intersting in the 9th
Always look for longshots, but I don’t see anyone having a chance besides the top 4.
A bunch of exactas around the 2 for myself.

Valuist

EOG Master
In this age of "social distancing", we see Social Paranoia win the Appleton.

IMO, I'm tossing Ete Indien in the Derby. He had the best of it in his last, wiring on a speed favoring track in a race where the finish line was at the sixteenth pole.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Stable Tour from The Saratoga Special with Barclay Tagg, and assistant trainer Robin Smullen, Aug 30th, 2019.

Tiz The Law: Wow, what a debut. The son of Constitution produced one of the most impressive debuts of any horse at the meet, winning easily Aug. 8.

Sackatoga purchased the son of Constitution from the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred sale here last summer.

Smullen: “The star of the show. He’s extremely intelligent, not afraid of anything. The other day, Rick Schosberg was walking his dog, the dog was kind of growling and barking and the colt looks at him like he was going to strike at him. He didn’t care.”

Tagg: “I thought he was the best looking New York-bred horse I’d ever seen. When you look at the big white face, you think Hereford, but I couldn’t fault him. I kept looking at him and looking at him and looking at him. He looks like a little chunk but when you really look at him, he stands over a lot of ground, he’s got great bone, great strength.

We didn’t expect him to run like he ran. We thought he was doing good but we didn’t know he was that good. He never got out of a hack canter. Junior never had to ask him.

Two white-rimmed eyes, that stops me, but you couldn’t turn down the rest of his body. He got a little bit of a shin, he probably could have run in the Hopeful but there’s too many other things to look forward to, I put a blister on it, two days after he ran. There’s a New York-bred race on the 20th, we might make that.”

Very special horse. BT has a keen eye.