For those of you who might frequent Laughlin...

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
...you now have one less out.

Riverside transitioned from South Point to Will Hill yesterday.

The overall reduction in competition continues in the Nevada B&M market.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Re: For those of you who might frequent Laughlin...

Loser's Lounge overlooking Colorado river at Riverside.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Re: For those of you who might frequent Laughlin...

Usually give my action to GN when there, same group.

Same as what??

GN is sister to the GN in Vegas

The Riverside book was a sister property to the SouthPoint book

This makes the town slightly less attractive from a sportsbetting standpoint now.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Laughlin now down to 2 outs, and whether you can still consider Golden Nugget and their paranoia a viable "out" is up for debate.

Four years ago in March 2017 it had 5 outs. (SP, Strat, GN, Caesars and WH)

Ugh....

Unless you are a limited sharp trying to get something big down at South Point, does it matter that much? Just put your action through the app.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Benny can probably speak to it better than I can but the geolocation functionality of the apps can be suspect in Laughlin because it sits right on the border and often your phone will pick up an Arizona tower.

Benny can probably speak to it better than I can but the geolocation functionality of the apps can be suspect in Laughlin because it sits right on the border and often your phone will pick up an Arizona tower.

Maybe, but I sure hope not. I'd hate to have to go back to the old ways of buying tickets with cash, keeping track of tickets, getting tickets cashed when a cashier is open, etc.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Since Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time, Laughlin and Bullhead are on different time zones for the winter months. When I'm there during those times my phone will constantly bounce back and forth between mountain and pacific time. Can be very confusing if you're not constantly keeping track of it.

Of course it can be fixed by turning off the "set time automatically" function.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Since Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time, Laughlin and Bullhead are on different time zones for the winter months. When I'm there during those times my phone will constantly bounce back and forth between mountain and pacific time. Can be very confusing if you're not constantly keeping track of it.

Of course it can be fixed by turning off the "set time automatically" function.
Heck, you can get that here.