For those trashing the Bears and their win... (Cutler bashers too)

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Brandon Marshall - 1 catch - 6 yards. Banged up, multiple injuries... This offense typically goes as he goes, so for Cutler to win on the road with Marshall practically in a wheel chair all game, very very impressive game by Cutty.

I'm going to take this opportunity to remind you that some 'Bears fans' on this very forum were calling for the Bears to not resign Jay Cutler, instead saying the Bears should resign Josh McCown.

They then had an emotional breakdown and said they were no longer a Bears fan because the Bears resigned Cutler. Another great call from the resident circus clown, Timely Hitting.

Re: For those trashing the Bears and their win... (Cutler bashers too)

If the Bears get healthy, they are a serious contender for the Super Bowl.

S Mundy ?
S Conte ?
FB Fiammetta ?
OG Slauson ?
DE Scott ?
DT Ratliff ?
CB MacManis ?
LB McClellin ?
C Garza ?
CB Tillman OUT
WR Wilson OUT

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

The D-line is coming around and I'm cautiously optimistic about the linebackers. Looks like we hit it big with Fuller, that kid is always around the football and is talented as hell. Health will definitely help with depth, but we may need to look outside of the organization for some safety help, even if Conte and Mundy can somehow stay healthy.

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

[video=youtube;-DPBgqKwvDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DPBgqKwvDs[/video]

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Bears are in serious trouble on the defensive side of the ball......refs gave Cutler a gift after he fumbled away a TD that was called back.....

But they do have weapons on the offensive side of the ball.....and Forte is about to break out soon....surprised they beat the Jets....

blueline

EOG Master

last year they would have lost this game this was a nice win

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

How many QBs are better?
aaron rodgers
peyton manning
tom brady
andrew luck
russell wilson
nick foles
brian hoyer
matt ryan
kirk cousins
drew brees

that's 10.

Then there are a bunch that are right about the same as cutler as in stafford, phillip rivers, joe flacco, and big ben.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

last year they would have lost this game this was a nice win

Luckily the bears were facing one of the few QB's in the league that ranks lower than Cutler or else the Bears would of lost this game. Great game by Cutler though, ZERO INT'S. Not complaining, had Bears ML and Bears -3 small, was worried about that -3 when bears jumped out to 17-3 lead (thanks to the defense)...then decided not to do much at all the rest of the game.

blueline

EOG Master

last year the zone read would have gashed the defense this year they are slowing it down nice win

richsox24

EOG Master

aaron rodgers
peyton manning
tom brady
andrew luck
russell wilson
nick foles
brian hoyer
matt ryan
kirk cousins
drew brees

that's 10.

Then there are a bunch that are right about the same as cutler as in stafford, phillip rivers, joe flacco, and big ben.

I would put Stafford, Rivers and Big Ben over Cutler but not Hoyer or Cousins (yet) so my list would have 11 ahead of him. Which in my mind would put him as an average NFL QB. I'm a die hard Bears fan and cheer for them every game like there is no tomorrow but I cant say Cutler is a top qb.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

aaron rodgers
peyton manning
tom brady
andrew luck
russell wilson
nick foles
brian hoyer
matt ryan
kirk cousins
drew brees

that's 10.

:LMAO

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I would put Stafford, Rivers and Big Ben over Cutler but not Hoyer or Cousins (yet) so my list would have 11 ahead of him. Which in my mind would put him as an average NFL QB. I'm a die hard Bears fan and cheer for them every game like there is no tomorrow but I cant say Cutler is a top qb.

Stafford? Are you people dense? Stafford is a bigger choker than Romo or anyone, you just never hear shit about it.

Some of the people in this thread have no idea how to evaluate QBs.

richsox24

EOG Master

I think the jury will be out on Stafford this year, now that they got rid of their cancer coach. If you held a gun to my head, yes I'd probably take Stafford, barely.

Baez..looking for an unbiased answer...do you agree you would take Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Luck, Wilson, Brees, Big Ben, and Foles over Cutler?

To me, Ryan, Stafford, and Rivers can be debated.

I think Cutler has better weapons than any of those qb's listed.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

What you guys don't realize is that systems and players make the QBs more than the other way around.

Rodgers has a bad offense this year to work with and has looked very bad. Wilson isn't asked to do anything but manage the game and make a play or two. And Foles? Really?

As for Cutler having better weapons, Jeffery and Marshall have been hurt more than healthy and the Bears were using practice squad WR's that couldn't catch in the Bills game.

richsox24

EOG Master

We definitely disagree on Wilson. I think he does much more than manage the game. It think people have that perception simply because he is short. The guy does nothing but win, very rarely makes mistakes, throws the ball more when he has to, and I believe he is like 12-0 vs the big 4 (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees) in his career. To me saying you'll take Cutler of Wilson is just foolish.

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

Amazing anyone can contend that Hoyer/Cousins are better than Rivers or Roethlisberger. Stafford either, for that matter.

Mind blown.

PS - I like Cousins, but he still has a lot to prove.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Too bad for the Bears that cornerback Kyle Fuller emerges as a future star in the same game veteran Charles Tillman is lost for the season.

I think the jury will be out on Stafford this year, now that they got rid of their cancer coach. If you held a gun to my head, yes I'd probably take Stafford, barely.

Baez..looking for an unbiased answer...do you agree you would take Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Luck, Wilson, Brees, Big Ben, and Foles over Cutler?

To me, Ryan, Stafford, and Rivers can be debated.

I think Cutler has better weapons than any of those qb's listed.
Take Foles and Wilson out of the list. Both are products of good offensive systems. Rivers is better than Cutler.

Amazing anyone can contend that Hoyer/Cousins are better than Rivers or Roethlisberger. Stafford either, for that matter.

Mind blown.

PS - I like Cousins, but he still has a lot to prove.
Cousins is much better than RG3 but that's all that can be said at this point.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

I would take Cutler over Strafford, Rivers, Foles, Hoyer, and a few others. No doubt about it. Many posters over the years have been touting Strafford as a future HOF. But all he does is lose, especially at home on Thanksgiving.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

I would take Cutler over Strafford, Rivers, Foles, Hoyer, and a few others. No doubt about it. Many posters over the years have been touting Strafford as a future HOF. But all he does is lose, especially at home on Thanksgiving.

And I continue to bet on them EVERY thanksgiving.

richsox24

EOG Master

Take Foles and Wilson out of the list. Both are products of good offensive systems. Rivers is better than Cutler.

Totally disagree on Wilson. Look at the weapons each has to work with. Its not even close.

richsox24

EOG Master

Who is Strafford?

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Cutler has had to deal with a very weak OL for many years. I'll never forget that Sunday night game against the Giants. Have was sacked many times in the first half and he didn't play 2nd half. This year's OL once again isn't very solid.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

the throng of Chicago ball washers we have here is hilarious...Cutler has zero intangibles, he is the anti Russell Wilson..guy is not a leader of men or a winner and will never win a damn thing

CMNoney

EOG Member

Did you seriously just say you would take Cutler over Rivers?

Preposterous statement of the year nominee.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

the throng of Chicago ball washers we have here is hilarious...Cutler has zero intangibles, he is the anti Russell Wilson..guy is not a leader of men or a winner and will never win a damn thing

You've been hanging out with fishy? Cutler has a very good winning record with the Bears. He's tough, he's competitive, he's ath letic, very strong arm, fast, and he wins. All these physical/intangible assets earn him the respect in the locker room and on the field.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Did you seriously just say you would take Cutler over Rivers?

Preposterous statement of the year nominee.[/QUOTE
I don't think so. But your statement nominating my opinion of Cutler over Rivers is definitely up there as a top most ridiculous comment I've heard in a long time.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

You've been hanging out with fishy? Cutler has a very good winning record with the Bears. He's tough, he's competitive, he's ath letic, very strong arm, fast, and he wins. All these physical/intangible assets earn him the respect in the locker room and on the field.

While those things are all fine and dandy and you need those to be a good QB...He's missing out on the most important thing...A brain

Wilson may not "wow" you with a "omg did you just see cutler somehow fit that ball into that tiny window for the WR" But Wilson will also not make you say "why the fuck did he just chuck that ball up? Just to prove he has a canon...Jesus christ what an idiot" like Cutler does once a game at least, but likely 5 times per game.

Winners make smart decisions. Cutler learns a thing or 2 he could be great, but he thinks he can do it all and doesn't know when a pass play should just be scrapped.

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

While those things are all fine and dandy and you need those to be a good QB...He's missing out on the most important thing...A brain

Wilson may not "wow" you with a "omg did you just see cutler somehow fit that ball into that tiny window for the WR" But Wilson will also not make you say "why the fuck did he just chuck that ball up? Just to prove he has a canon...Jesus christ what an idiot" like Cutler does once a game at least, but likely 5 times per game.

Winners make smart decisions. Cutler learns a thing or 2 he could be great, but he thinks he can do it all and doesn't know when a pass play should just be scrapped.

good points

and FWIW, since Wilson started his career (first game of rookie season mind you)

35 games, 58 TDS, only 20 INTS

cutler

29 games 44 TDS, 28 INTS

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

ran into him the other day in Henderson....

Glad you consider him an elite QB, yes he has all the physical skills and a .01 brain and intangibles..

richsox24

EOG Master

Entering this season. Cutler with the Bears is 39-28 (decent), 60.4% completions (very average), 101 tds 75 ints (very average), 219 yards per game (very average). 81.8 qbr (very average).

Those numbers tell me he is a SLIGHTLY better than average qb. He does have a great arm but absolutely no intangibles.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

good points

and FWIW, since Wilson started his career (first game of rookie season mind you)

35 games, 58 TDS, only 20 INTS

cutler

29 games 44 TDS, 28 INTS
not to mention that Cutler had far better receivers with Denver than wilson has ever had...

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

Entering this season. Cutler with the Bears is 39-28 (decent), 60.4% completions (very average), 101 tds 75 ints (very average), 219 yards per game (very average). 81.8 qbr (very average).

Those numbers tell me he is a SLIGHTLY better than average qb. He does have a great arm but absolutely no intangibles.
that is what everyone thinks about Cutler, like today's Jeff george and i could not agree more...

I think poster Bigrunner is the first person I've ever heard say that Cutler is a great leader with great intangibles...that is some funny shit :lol

richsox24

EOG Master

Excellent points Taylor...The only thing I'll say is that if Cutler hasn't learned a thing or two by now (this is his 9th year in the nfl), he isn't learning anything. He is who he is. Years 10-15 is usually when qb's start to decline.