forget poker rooms,why doesn't EOG have a deal with a rake back place?

Re: forget poker rooms,why doesn't EOG have a deal with a rake back place?

Wasn't that what Eye On Poker was supposed to be way back when in conjunction with WSEX?

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

raketherake.com looks like a good one for example.

Why not set something up with them, have EOG get a referral fee/slice of the pie, all while making EOG members money on this with rakeback?

It is very clear to me that online poker rakes carry HUGE additonal mark up fees that the savvy players simply do not pay. Very similar to buying jewelry!

The poker places (like Jewelry stores) still make a fine profit even after some big discounting........no way should you be paying full freight when you play poker.

raketherake.com looks like a good one for example.

Why not set something up with them, have EOG get a referral fee/slice of the pie, all while making EOG members money on this with rakeback?

It is very clear to me that online poker rakes carry HUGE additonal mark up fees that the savvy players simply do not pay. Very similar to buying jewelry!

The poker places (like Jewelry stores) still make a fine profit even after some big discounting........no way should you be paying full freight when you play poker.

I think this is where you have to look at the saavy-player side of online poker and realize that it's not always best to be up against those kinds of players. Sure everyone wants to cut the "admission charge" of playing poker as much as possible, but the lower the vig involved I feel the better players you will be up against.

At least in the live poker room world, you have the chance of getting tourists throwing money around or some wanting to have the rush of live action and perhaps getting more tilt-y/greedy than they might play online. You are not playing against geeks with screens open to 4 different sites at the same time, all getting rakeback or other perks to cut their overhead, and having any tool imaginable at their disposal to beat you - including collusion.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

The good, the bad and the ugly are all playing at pokerstars and Fulltilt.

If you can get rake back, you gotta do it.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

I believe just their internal rewards.

Who15Dey

EOG Member

anyone know the password for the Eye On Gambling $1000 freeroll?

01TheDude

EOG Member

even if you have it, you can't register

tuckman has to send your ID as an approved player. You need over 130-150 posts in the forum (not just in the poker one-- any part is fine) to be able to get them to give you the password and add you to the registry list