Formula One 2013 Thread

LCD

Re: Formula One 2013 Thread

He just said in the press conference that he had a downforce problem in the second sector. He seemed pessimistic. Standard Finn. Will wait for British money to come in on Hamilton and/ then will probably bet Vettel because even though RB seemed like they took a false step, they almost never take one and it will be cooler tomorrow and he's on the right tire. Vettel is better managing his tires than Hamilton but in a worse car. Will wait. Maybe Rosberg. Maybe Alonso.

LCD

Alonso's price looks shitty. So probably Vettel and Rosberg. Will try to dig myself out tomorrow. See you tomorrow allin.

LCD

Webber says the tire problem has turned F1 into professional wrestling. Going with the two people who manage their tires the best (and starting on the better tire, though Button very small because he will have to get really lucky) and Rosberg. Race is complete crapshoot. Hamilton could win but at +200 with the way he wears down tires and unpredictability not worth it.

Vettel .5 units +550
Rosberg .4 units +1200
Button .1 units +2000

allin1

Banned

I don't think it's so much about the drivers any more. How the car copes with traction, down force and all those things I know nothing about, can also play the most important role. Another thing is team strategy. The temperature will be different because it is at a different time than the practice sessions and quali so there will still be some unkown factors they still need to include in their plan.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...-how-Sunday-s-Chinese-Grand-Prix-might-unfold
"We don't really know what we've got. The work we've done on Friday and today obviously helps a lot to try and understand what we've got to do but it'll open up in one direction or another."

"The option has a pretty short life. I think we'll be on primes for the main part of the race and we've got two very strong competitors in the top ten, maybe three with (tenth-placed Nico) Hulkenberg starting on the prime, and they're going to be leading the race for a while.

"It's going to start to evolve from there. It's going to be a very interesting race and of course those of us on the soft tyre will drop back into groups and we'll be picking holes in the traffic and all that type of thing.

"I think it's going to be a really great race tomorrow. It's one which we need to be completely on top of - we know what we need to do - and even on the prime tyre you can't go flat-out for 20 laps - you've got to manage the situation as well."

"The difficulty is, we don't know what track we've got. This is a track that changes a lot and we've got a pretty warm day tomorrow by all accounts. The race is starting at 3 and all our practice has been earlier than that.

"We've got information. It's about understanding the relevance of that information once we get into the race tomorrow when the track will be evolving again."

allin1

Banned

Is it possible that mercs will send hamilton on options and roseberg on primes? Kimi and Alonso both have pace so they might start on options and have a go at Hamilton, so based on that Niko could try and take the lead after all 3 pit and see how much he can hang on to that.

Vettel could gain some places from the first laps so your bet could be good but I still haven't decided on anything yet besides hamilton. Will probably place some podium bets early in the morning.

LCD

I think it's just Vettel and Button on the mediums and I think it's a smart move though I hate that they decided to do this yesterday when I had bets on them. I guess it was a fuel pressure problem for Webber but whatever.

Several more:

Button vs Massa - Button +195 .5 unit
Rosberg vs Massa - Rosberg -115 .5 unit

Rosberg fastest lap +900 .1 unit
Hamilton fastest lap +.700 .1 unit

allin1

Banned

0.5 on vettel for podium @+100

and another 0.3 on hamilton @+200

hamilton alonso vettel for podium? :) I wish bookies would have these types of bets like the trifecta at horse racing.

LCD

Getting excited. This is probably going to be a fucking weird race. Sorry Felipe, need you to crash at the start.

Wish we had bet Hamilton before qualifying.

allin1

Banned

Getting excited. This is probably going to be a fucking weird race. Sorry Felipe, need you to crash at the start.

Wish we had bet Hamilton before qualifying.

It's 7AM here. Haven't slept a minute whole night. Can't wait for it to get started. Need to see them all. Mental state, confidence are key part to success here like in any other sport so I want to see how they look before the race :)

allin1

Banned

In Shanghai

Vettel 2 podiums out of 6 races (3 poles, 1 victory)
Raikonnen 4 podiums out of 7 races (1 victory)
Hamilton 4 podiums out of 6 races (2 poles without today, 2 victories)
Alonso 3 podiums out of 9 races (2 poles, 1 victory)
Button 4 podiums out of 9 races (1 victory)
Roseberg 2 podiums out of 7 races (1 pole, 1 victory)

Raikonnen looks good for podium [57% podium rate and 1 victory that wasn't from pole] but I don't know if this will be his day.

Fastest laps in Shanghai:
Hamilton 2, Kimi , Massa, Alonso, Webber with 1

Fastest laps all time races:
Hamilton 12, Kimi 38, Massa 14, Alonso 19, Webber 14

allin1

Banned

Rosberg fastest lap +900 .2 unit
Hamilton fastest lap +700 .1 unit
Raikonnen fastest lap +1000 .1 unit

allin1

Banned

MB just called Avraam Grant the Chelsea manager. lol I remember when he was at West Ham relegating them and some club employees were calling him "the impostor" because he was always on the phone with Abramovich.

allin1

Banned

that was quite a brilliant move from massa. hamilton didn't knew what hit him

allin1

Banned

-1.5 so far

the initial idea for alonso 2 weeks back was good. turned my head to hamilton unfortunately. The hunch for Kimi for podium was cool too, too bad I didn't bet it. lol

nice race overall

LCD

Sorry allin I fell asleep and just finished watching it in fast forward. Thank God no middle of the night races for a while after Bahrain (which will be a 4:00 in the morning start). Yeah we were right with Alonso. Too bad for Rosberg. Was excited when Button was leading. And Vettel had the fastest lap again which means the car did have speed. RB will probably not do the stupid tire thing again and give up which means Vettel not going for pole was an anomaly. Thank God I bet both him and Webber for pole on the one time RB completely screwed the pooch. Think I lost everything but Button over Massa. Checking now.

Was YTD (after Chinese pole): -1

Vettel .5 units to win = -.5
Rosberg .4 units to win = -.4
Button .1 units to win = -.1
Rosberg fastest lap .1 unit = -.1
Hamilton fastest lap .1 unit = -.1
Rosberg vs Massa .5 unit = -.5
Button vs Massa .5 unit = +.975

YTD: -1.725

On to Bahrain. Anything above +150 and I'll bet Vettel again.

LCD

Ah watched last lap again. You won the Alonso bet! Vettel made that little fuck up or he would have caught Hamilton and you would have won the Vettel podium bet too.

LCD

What a great season so far. This week I want to bet the race before qualifying. I'm leaning Kimi +400. With Vettel for pole. He's +152 at Betfair but that's the only place I see him up.

allin1

Banned

In Bahrain

Vettel 2 podiums out of 4 races (2 poles, 1 victory)
Raikonnen 5 podiums out of 7 races ()
Hamilton 2 podiums out of 5 races ()
Alonso 3 podiums out of 8 races (1 pole, 3 victories)
Button 2 podiums out of 8 races (1 victory)
Massa 3 podiums out of 8 races (1 pole, 2 victories)

Raikonnen looks good for podium [71% podium rate]

Fastest laps in Bahrain:
Rosberg, Massa, Alonso, Vettel with 1 each

Fastest laps all time races:
Rosberg 5, Massa 14, Alonso 19, Vettel 16

Interesting that Massa and Alonso have won 5 times here between them.

allin1

Banned

Vettel for pole @2.5 0.5u
Alonso for race @3.5 0.5u
Massa for podium @4.5 0.3u
Hamilton to retire @5.5 0.1u

Maybe I'll take Kimi for podium too if the odds increase after quali.

LCD

Medium and hard? Wtf. I wanted to bet Kimi to win with the amount of tire wear the track and the heat cause but not sure now since this makes the Lotus advantage smaller. Still waiting.

Ah. Just saw that it's going to be over 90 degrees with track temperatures over 100.

And I can't imagine that RB will repeat their mistake of last week and will go for pole so waiting for WH to put Vettel up so I can bet it.

allin1

Banned

I still expect Kimi to have a good race, for 2nd or 3rd place. I think the Lotus were looking good here last year.

Force India might have a good race too, as it will be hot as in Malayisia where they weren't so bad, so maybe they will grab some points in Bahrain, but I don't think that should present any betting opportunities at nice odds.

allin1

Banned

Kimi managed 2nd from 11 so come to think of it, your bet on him to win might come good.

Alonso and Massa should qualify way up this year as the drs rules have changed for quali. Last year they were 1 second slower than the other big boys because of the drs in quali.

LCD

Let's light some money on fire.

Vettel to win pole - 1 unit: +163
Raikkonen to win race - .2 unit: +400
Hamilton to win race - .1 unit: +1000

allin1

Banned

0.4u on Hulkenberg to score points @2
0.1u on dual forecast for Alonso & Massa @7.25

If I remember correctly the dual forecast for Alonso and Raikonnen was above 7 before practice 2. Now it is below 4. I might be wrong though.

Raikonnen for podium was 1.88 at bet365 before practice 2, now it is below 1.7 even at betfair.
Massa for podium has dropped too after practice 1. Alonso for race as well.

allin1

Banned

How did I miss the quali/winner double from betfair?

0.1u on Vettel/Alonso at 8.6
0.1u on Vettel/Raikonnen at 9.6

allin1

Banned

Roseberg surprising everyone :) I still like Alonso for the win but I will think about it, check the odds and maybe place another bet or two.

allin1

Banned

Odds at betfair suggest Alonso is the favorite ahead of Vettel to win this gp.

LCD

Haha. Just got up. Fucked by Vettel again and Rosberg having an awesome qualifying.

Let's add this:

Kimi to win race .3 units +700

LCD

Will be traveling today. This is a bet it and check in the morning one. Track/tires are too unpredictable. Looking forward to Europe when hopefully everything gets more reasonable. :p

Please Kimi one time.

LCD

A bridesmaid again. Oh Kimi. Lol. I just got back from my trip and am watching the race now. But it appears that I like to pick people who just miss. Will update my record later after the race is over. Love that Alonso said the luckboxes are eventually going to run out of luck. Which may or may not be true. Will update my record in a little.