Formula One 2013 Thread

allin1

Banned
Re: Formula One 2013 Thread

Funny thing is that I was right about the Lotus and Force India to have a good race, but I didn't bet on anything regarding that... I am such a square. I said I would take Kimi for pole at good odds, but I didn't, I was too confident on Ferrari to finish high.

The way Vettel drove kind of scared me to be honest. He was ruthless and he had the pace. Don't know if it's a combination of the medium and hard on the right temperature with their car on the appropriate track or if we are going to see their domination the whole season. My guess is that he will win the championship again. I don't care, but even if he does I hope it will be tight and entertaining. I want to see Raikonnen and Alonso in there with a fight.

Was good to see Grosjean finish on the podium. I hope he will have a decent season with consistency and no more incidents like last year. He seems like a nice guy.

LCD

Ah allin, I'm back. I just got depressed by more near misses. Kimi starting 8th fucked up the win bets too.

YTD: -3.325 (I think that's right).

Vettel was a beast and he got the fastest lap. The tires are annoying the shit out of me. Mercedes is going to have half of it's team on the 2014 car by next month. McLaren isn't. Red Bull looks good. Ferrari has been unlucky. I don't know what to do for Spain I might not even bet and just wait for Canada since I'm not betting Monaco unless it rains.

I guess the long break is a good thing. Grosjean is a nice guy but he is still sometimes an airhead.

allin1

Banned

pirelli are changing the hard tires for Europe, making them more like the ones last year. Ferrari are going to be challenging but I really think Red Bull will win everything this year too. They have had the fastest car for years and I don't think this season will be different. Vettel might not be the best driver out there but he has what it takes to win it again in the fastest car.

shackfu99

EOG Senior Member

I hope you guys don't mind if I join the discussion?
What do you guys make of this Perez refusing to apologize to Button situation? Button ,stated or tweeted, that Perez apologized. Perez says wait a minute I didn't apologize to him but I did to the team. I think there are some underlying issue's with this team.
I love Perez's aggressive style and I think F1 needs more of it. Not quite like the Vettel/Webber situation but a need to actually race and quit coasting in by these teams.

LCD

pirelli are changing the hard tires for Europe, making them more like the ones last year. Ferrari are going to be challenging but I really think Red Bull will win everything this year too. They have had the fastest car for years and I don't think this season will be different. Vettel might not be the best driver out there but he has what it takes to win it again in the fastest car.

Will we be interesting to see how the tires affect Ferrari (help them?) and Lotus (hurt them?).

allin are you going to Monaco?

LCD

I hope you guys don't mind if I join the discussion?
What do you guys make of this Perez refusing to apologize to Button situation? Button ,stated or tweeted, that Perez apologized. Perez says wait a minute I didn't apologize to him but I did to the team. I think there are some underlying issue's with this team.
I love Perez's aggressive style and I think F1 needs more of it. Not quite like the Vettel/Webber situation but a need to actually race and quit coasting in by these teams.

Hey shackfu99.

Something is wrong. Also don't buy Button saying it's over. But McLaren always does this. Just not sure all this crap is good for the team when the car still kind of blows. Both of them overreacted.

With all that, Perez is young and he can definitely be a future world champion. Was completely sold after Malaysia last year.

LCD

Not going to touch this race allin. Vettel will probably now win the pole since I'm not going to bet him. It doesn't look like McLaren improved. Lotus maybe. Ferrari probably. Going to root for Alonso.

shackfu99

EOG Senior Member

Ferrari is making minced meat out of the field. I cant believe just how bad Mercedes is, just horrible.

LCD

This was a great result. Vettel is now not going to just run away with it. Ferrari looked great. Monaco is next and that's probably a no-bet too and then I'll start up again. allin are you going to Monaco.

LCD

Hamilton has a big problem. Though he might be the quickest driver in the field he had no idea why the car was so terrible.

shackfu99

EOG Senior Member

Hamilton has a big problem. Though he might be the quickest driver in the field he had no idea why the car was so terrible.

I had him +1600 pre qual. You can imagine how frustrated I was with the race. Just a pathetic car.

LCD

I had him +1600 pre qual. You can imagine how frustrated I was with the race. Just a pathetic car.

That's too bad. I'm just hesitant to bet this any more until the tires are figured out. Don't bet Monaco any way. Worst race of the season to bet. Maybe by Canada shit will be somewhat straightened out.

allin you there. You going to Monaco?

allin1

Banned

Hello :) Was out for a while. Glad Alonso won the last one.

Monaco

Vettel 5 races, 1 pole, 2 podiums, 1 victory
Webber 11 races, 2 poles, 3 podiums, 2 victories
Alonso 11 races, 2 poles, 4 podiums, 2 victories
Massa 10 races, 1 pole, 2 podiums
Button 11 races, 1 pole, 3 podiums, 1 victory
Raikonnen 10 races, 1 pole, 3 podiums, 1 victory
Roseberg 7 races, 1 podium
Hamilton 6 races, 2 podiums, 1 victory

Right now I only see value on Vettel for pole at +700 and to win it at +430. Waiting for P3 to see how things develop.

LCD

Won't bet anything on this allin. I hate this race. I like the location though! Lol at Mercedes being fastest in practice. This race is tilt city. I might make a small bet on McLaren for fastest lap just for laughs but basically waiting till Canada. Will try to watch pole on Saturday morning.

allin1

Banned

that was close. 10th of a second. nice qualifying session. the mercs are probably going to challenge for everything next season. this one I don't know if their race pace is good enough

LCD

And they could just massively fade again but because of the processional nature of this race don't know what to do.

I got up at 5:30 to watch the end of qualifying and find it so funny that Rosberg is owning Hamilton.

Let me know what you like allin and I might follow you just for the sweat.

allin1

Banned

And they could just massively fade again but because of the processional nature of this race don't know what to do.

I got up at 5:30 to watch the end of qualifying and find it so funny that Rosberg is owning Hamilton.

Let me know what you like allin and I might follow you just for the sweat.

Right now I am clueless. The mercs don't have the race pace but this is still monaco where overtaking is rare. Rain could spice things up a bit and help alonso or kimi grab a spot on the podium but I don't know if I will bet anything.

I wonder who has had the best starts this season.

Roseberg owning Hamilton is quite cool indeed but watch out for these guys they are turning into a real challenging force. 4 poles in a row is quite a surprise

shackfu99

EOG Senior Member

BOV has Roseberg +125. Good value considering Pinny is giving +112 and 8 of last 10 poles went on to win. Also grabbed Vettel +350.
Hopefully we will actually have some racing and not a dead line from start to finish.

LCD

Good bets though you're going to get an ulcer worrying about Rosberg's car going off the rails. If the Mercedes end up sucking then Vettel at +350 is a great bet.

LCD

Kimi drove like a madman at the end. SV fastest lap. Hamilton fades. NJ with Rosberg. Race is so bizarre. Mercedes going to be overvalued for Canada.

shackfu99

EOG Senior Member

Kimi drove like a madman at the end. SV fastest lap. Hamilton fades. NJ with Rosberg. Race is so bizarre. Mercedes going to be overvalued for Canada.

Agreed. Hats off to Sutil. Great driving he was very aggressive at the Loews turn. I think he picked up 2 spots there. Sv and red Bull pick up a few much needed points for both Championships. Cant wait for Canada.

LCD

What a shitstorm about the Mercedes/Pirelli secret test. Canada is going to be awesome.

allin1

Banned

What a shitstorm about the Mercedes/Pirelli secret test. Canada is going to be awesome.

Wait until Roseberg grabs the Canada pole too. :btj: The secret test will make even more headlines.

LCD

Wait until Roseberg grabs the Canada pole too. :btj: The secret test will make even more headlines.

That's what I'm hoping. Any version of Hamilton and Rosberg as 1-2 and then bet Vettel, Alonso and Kimi to win.

allin1

Banned

I found this to be funny: "Grojean needs a job in an Airport control tower he seems to be better at putting others in the air. "

allin1

Banned

Great article. Love that Rosberg is doing so well. Can't wait to bet against them. If that will be even possible.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...cedes-in-ban-fear-over-secret-tyre-tests.html

yeah, these trends are funny, hamilton was already the second favorite to win the canada gp and alonso only third the last time I checked at a rec uk book. it could be because he won it 3 times out of 5, but still he could be the guy to bet against because of lack of race pace

LCD

Still leaning Alonso. Vettel's past history, Mercedes fading, and short pit stop times negating Kimi's tire advantage. Hopefully Alonso will qualify between 3 and 6 for a good price. Are you going to bet any practices allin.

allin1

Banned

Still leaning Alonso. Vettel's past history, Mercedes fading, and short pit stop times negating Kimi's tire advantage. Hopefully Alonso will qualify between 3 and 6 for a good price. Are you going to bet any practices allin.

no practice bets. I haven't had the same time for f1 like last year. If I get to see the gp's I am lucky.

LCD

Just about to watch qualifying. Please Alonso don't get on the front row. Also really liking the possible rain tomorrow allin.

LCD

So want to bet Button because this is a perfect track for him and he's won in these wet/dry conditions before but the McLaren just fucking blows. In last place right now in Q2.

LCD

Props to Bottas. What a drive. Can deal with Alonso in 6th. Kimi looked terrible all through qualifying and he's not a good wet weather driver. Also like Sutil because he is a great wet weather driver. Will wait for odds to be posted.

allin1

Banned

just saw the result. didn't watch it but heard the commentary.

not surprised with the results

do they know if it will rain tomorrow?