Formula One Preseason Thread

LCD

Optional

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Formula One Preseason Thread

I like that thinking about Webber going for broke after being taunted by Marko.

Maybe Marko is paving the way for replacing Webber this year though. Seriously.

I do think Marko is a smarmy prick. But Webber interfering with Vettels chances in Brazil last year was not only fucking stupid but was always going to have consequences.

And this from an Aussie.

LCD

Yeah. But they really have treated him badly. I don't think there were the equipment "issues" last year or at least they weren't publicized. I don't think Red Bull is going to have an advantage out of the gate which means they're going to have to scramble like everyone else and it hurts to have a talented mistreated driver who might get shortchanged who is also tough and stubborn. So while Marko created this unnecessary drama you have the other top teams with much more stable driver situations. Mercedes could have a problem but Rosberg on top of being Hamilton's friend is a nice, flexible guy isn't he. Perez may fuck things up a little but he seems less brittle than Hamilton and just fucking grateful. Ferrari has the advantage on the teammate thing right out of the gate don't you think.

Of all the drivers who do you think are the best at developing a car. I think Button and Alonso.

Sorry for repeating but fucking Marko is such a dick.

LCD

So on the final day at Jerez, Raikkonen comes in first. Vettel was third. So after Massa's comment about McLaren being the car to beat and with the possibility that McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull are all potentially semi-sandbagging (heavy fuel loads etc.), it looks like there are four top teams with the impressive Lotus sliding in ahead of Mercedes. The fact that the Pirellis/tyre wear are going to become an issue and with McLaren seeming like they have a good car (Perez (7th today) did heavy fuel runs) then Button is beginning to look good for Australia.

LCD

Australia odds. Hamilton leaving for Mercedes is going to probably make Button's lines shitty at British books for the first race if not throughout. This is from BetVictor.

Vettel +250
Button +300
Alonso +500
Webber +600
Rakkonen +800
Grosjean +1600
Perez +1400
Hamilton +2000
Massa +3300
Rosberg +4000

LCD

Sutil is going to test in Barcelona. Hopefully he does well enough (Bianchi?) to get a seat so that when it rains he's available at lol ods.