Fullerton under 28 1st half

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Forget the side. The total is the play here. Under 153 1/2. Check out Hurley's comments on ASU. They lived and died by the 3 last year but those shooters are gone and replaced by bigger players. Can definitely see them playing more deliberate.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1567...ils-will-have-more-lineup-options-in-2018-19/

Based on Rail's comments at the start of the thread, he doesn't think much of CS-Fullerton offensively. They return 4 starters so pretty much the same story. Gotta go under here tomorrow night.

I know what he said, but in the preseason game they took 29 3s out of 80 shots..which is exactly the same % they shoot year (36% 3pta/FGA). Their defense was horrible... gave up 76 points in 71 possessions to a D2 team. They have alot of work to do.

Despite what railbird says, they averaged 1.04 points per possession, which all things considered, isn't bad for a mid mid major.

railbird

EOG Master
purdue was a top 5 defense, Fullerton was playing slower in march last yr, they play much faster in november than march. I went to hs with ahmad mom, she was in my algebra class, emile harry is his uncle, he is a sniper, 24 yr old sr. the newyork kid has great bounce and works very hard. coach moore was at the team dinner, this is Kendrick old school, he was an asu assistant

railbird

EOG Master
it was a situational handicap, every situation is different, a chick can be hottest girl in bar, she goes out anther night she isnt as pretty without the makeup

Valuist

EOG Master
I know what he said, but in the preseason game they took 29 3s out of 80 shots..which is exactly the same % they shoot year (36% 3pta/FGA). Their defense was horrible... gave up 76 points in 71 possessions to a D2 team. They have alot of work to do.

Despite what railbird says, they averaged 1.04 points per possession, which all things considered, isn't bad for a mid mid major.

I don't know how much we can get out of one exhibition game. My feeling in ALL sports is that exhibition games are 100% meaningless and you cannot draw any conclusions from them.

Arizona State lost a LOT of three point firepower from last year. Have to think their numbers were inflated from that great start because too many 3s happened to find the net.

Last edited:

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I don't know how much we can get out of one exhibition game. My feeling in ALL sports is that exhibition games are 100% meaningless and you cannot draw any conclusions from them.

Arizona State lost a LOT of three point firepower from last year. Have to think their numbers were inflated from that great start because too many 3s happened to find the net.

There’s an article from Kenpom in the athletic, and he shows proof that exhibition college basketball games can be more meaningful than people think.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Also, as for losing some of their shooters... Lawrence, who only played half the year last year, is a huge chucker. And two newcomers...Dort and Edwards shot a combined 16 3s in the exhibition. Between the 3 of them—22 3s against an undersized team.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
In 6 years of coaching, Hurley’s team have been top 80 in tempo in 5 of them... and in 6 years, the best defensive efficiency team he’s had was 87th, 5 years ago at buffalo. He’s always run an untempo style with freedom on offense and sub par defense. I just don’t see that suddenly changing.

Valuist

EOG Master
There’s an article from Kenpom in the athletic, and he shows proof that exhibition college basketball games can be more meaningful than people think.

Regardless of the outcome of this game, it definitely isn't going to change my opinion on the (lack of) importance of exhibition games. In pro sports, they serve a purpose: to decide what fringe players make the team, and which ones don't. Important players do not get paid based on their performance in these meaningless games, their stats don't count, and the adrenaline level isn't the same.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
In a similar vein, the Weber state coach is supposedly revamping his style completely. He’s had top 100 tempo once in 12 years.. the highest being 85. This year, he supposedly has started over and wants to “run, run, run”. They said it’s suit the style of play for his PG the best. Opening night total was 147 vs USD. I am a little hesitant, but I took a small shot at it simply cause if the style is what he says it could be, the total is low enough that it could go over fairly easily.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Regardless of the outcome of this game, it definitely isn't going to change my opinion on the (lack of) importance of exhibition games. In pro sports, they serve a purpose: to decide what fringe players make the team, and which ones don't. Important players do not get paid based on their performance in these meaningless games, their stats don't count, and the adrenaline level isn't the same.

The results don’t matter at all in exhibitions. If a team loses to a d2 team, I’m not gonna lose sleep over it or factor it in the equation.

But more importantly, I do look at the style of play. It’s the only preview for the regular season and obviously coaches will use the opportunity to get the players ready for that specific tempo/ type of play.

I’m pretty confident that asu will continue to take 35% of their field goals as 3pters.