Great News for barman (Manny) and his tard daughter: Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated
Re: Great News for barman (Manny) and his tard daughter: Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

Greetings Mr. 4625:

In another thread, you wrote the following:

You really know that somebody's got the better argument when the substance of what they say is limited to personal insults. . .You git 'em!!! You da man!! Whoooooo!

You also wrote the following post in this thread.

The day you post anything that merits any sort of "rebuttal" will be the first. You are the jack-in-the-box punching bag for the half-dozen of us who occasionally stop down to pull your panties up to your neck for simple amusement--nothing more. . .

In spite of your delusions, the Munchkin Man is glad to see that you are remaining true to your form.

Best Wishes,

12io4j2w90

Munchkin Man

Re: Great News for barman (Manny) and his tard daughter: Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

Munchie is apparently gunning for the top "amusement" spot for me. Sorry, Munchie, very hard to top the efforts of our kooky kanuck. Perhaps some channeling of Spiro T. combined with some more paper-towels-down-the-back-of-the-underwear schtick will get you top billing for entertaining me. . .

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Munchie is apparently gunning for the top "amusement" spot for me. Sorry, Munchie, very hard to top the efforts of our kooky kanuck. Perhaps some channeling of Spiro T. combined with some more paper-towels-down-the-back-of-the-underwear schtick will get you top billing for entertaining me. . .

Greetings Mr. 4625:

To be completely and totally honest, it has never been the Munchkin Man's intention to provide you with "amusement."

Instead, the Munchkin Man has only intended to correct you when you have been wrong, which has been consistently, in an effort to educate and enlighten you.

As a result, the Munchkin Man has lost count of the number of arguments the Munchkin Man has won against you.

Indeed, they have been many, and the Munchkin Man's 3-ring binder is growing thick with his printed transcripts of these arguments.

In fact, it is almost time to start another one.

The Munchkin Man plans to use these transcripts in the Logical Fallacies class the Munchkin Man is teaching next fall.

On behalf of the Munchkin Man's infinite capacity for compassion and mercy, the Munchkin Man has also excused the one dollar debt you owe the Munchkin Man, as a result of the recent bet you lost to the Munchkin Man.

The Munchkin Man is also a very humble man, who is often embarrassed by the sheer strength of his own logical prowress, and how easily the Munchkin Man is able to overwhelm and defeat his opponents in the arena of argumentation and debate.

As a result, the Munchkin Man doesn't like to gloat about his lopsided victories against his opponents.

If it is "amusement" or entertainment you are looking for, then the Munchkin Man suggests you start reading up on the magic tricks and the mathematical puzzles the Munchkin Man is now posting over on the Main Forum.

Good luck to you.

Best Wishes,

:cheers

Munchkin Man

Greetings Mr. 4625:

To be completely and totally honest, it has never been the Munchkin Man's intention to provide you with "amusement."

Instead, the Munchkin Man has only intended to correct you when you have been wrong, which has been consistently, in an effort to educate and enlighten you.

As a result, the Munchkin Man has lost count of the number of arguments the Munchkin Man has won against you.

Indeed, they have been many, and the Munchkin Man's 3-ring binder is growing thick with his printed transcripts of these arguments.

In fact, it is almost time to start another one.

The Munchkin Man plans to use these transcripts in the Logical Fallacies class the Munchkin Man is teaching next fall.

On behalf of the Munchkin Man's infinite capacity for compassion and mercy, the Munchkin Man has also excused the one dollar debt you owe the Munchkin Man, as a result of the recent bet you lost to the Munchkin Man.

The Munchkin Man is also a very humble man, who is often embarrassed by the sheer strength of his own logical prowress, and how easily the Munchkin Man is able to overwhelm and defeat his opponents in the arena of argumentation and debate.

As a result, the Munchkin Man doesn't like to gloat about his lopsided victories against his opponents.

If it is "amusement" or entertainment you are looking for, then the Munchkin Man suggests you start reading up on the magic tricks and the mathematical puzzles the Munchkin Man is now posting over on the Main Forum.

Good luck to you.

Best Wishes,

:cheers

Munchkin Man

Haha. . .No; the bizarreness illustrated by the posts you run out like this not only amuse me, but reinforce my innate sense of smug self-superiority (and thanks to my genetic forebearers) as I contemplate the mental health issues and lack of rational thought which unfortunately afflict a substantial portion of of the human condition. . .:cheers12io4j2w90 I have been entertained this day by the poster running the "bit" known as Munchkin Man. . .Joey is looking in his mirror and definitely runs the risk of losing his well-earned title of "most batshit crazy."

Back to something with a little bit more relevancy. . . .It looks like our kooky kannuck is on the wrong side of society and history on this issue as well. . .

Saturday, January 16, 2010 - Page updated at 01:16 AM
Seattle's new city attorney to dismiss cases of pot possession

By Emily Heffter
Seattle Times staff reporter

Seattle's new city attorney is dismissing all marijuana-possession cases, starting with those that were already under way under the old city attorney.
City Attorney Pete Holmes, who beat incumbent Tom Carr in November, said he dismissed two marijuana-related cases in his first day on the job, and several others are about to be dismissed.
In addition, his new criminal division chief, Craig Sims, said he is reviewing about 50 more cases. Unless there are "out of the ordinary circumstances," Sims said, the office doesn't intend to file charges for marijuana possession.
"We're not going to prosecute marijuana-possession cases anymore," Holmes said Thursday during a public interview as part of Town Hall's Nightcap series. "I meant it when I said it" during the campaign.
Seattle voters approved Referendum 75 in 2003, making marijuana the lowest priority for local law enforcement. City records show that Carr still prosecuted many cases.
In the first six months of 2009, Carr declined eight of the 62 marijuana-related cases filed with his office, a city report shows. Of the cases he took up, marijuana was the only charge in 21 cases. In the second half of 2008, Carr dismissed 21 marijuana-related cases and filed 60 others. Of those, marijuana possession was the only charge in 20 cases.
Holmes' policy change comes amid several state-level efforts to decriminalize or legalize marijuana.
A ballot initiative filed Monday would legalize adult marijuana possession, manufacturing and sales in the state. The Legislature is also considering two bills to decriminalize and regulate marijuana, or to make it legal in the state.
The drug would remain illegal under federal law.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cg...id=2003925728&slug=marijuana16m&date=20100115

To quote one of the greats: "the beat goes on, and the beat goes on. . ." History waits for no man (kooky kannucktynuck or American).

California may vote on legalizing pot

L.A. County petition signatures are expected to tilt the balance for putting an initiative on the November ballot. Governments' budget crises may help the measure's prospects, some say.

By John Hoeffel
5:36 PM PDT, March 23, 2010
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/trb.latimes/news/local;ptype=ps;slug=la-me-marijuana-initiative24-2010mar24;rg=r;zc=10001;ic=;by=1982;gr=M;ref=latimescom;pos=1;dcopt=ist;sz=300x250;tile=1;u=http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-marijuana-initiative24-2010mar24,0,2027285,print.story;ord=91960423?" type="text/javascript"></script><iframe src="http://www.adfusion.com/adfusion.partnersite/categoryhtml.aspx?userfeedguid=379cdbd2-f962-4d01-8b2d-95dbc41dda11" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="280" width="336"></iframe> <noscript></noscript>
Fourteen years after California decided marijuana could be used as a medicine and ignited a national movement, the state is likely to vote on whether to take another step into the vanguard of drug liberalization: legalizing the controversial weed for fun and profit.

On Wednesday, Los Angeles County elections officials must turn in their count of valid signatures collected in the county on a statewide legalization initiative. The number is virtually certain to be enough to qualify the initiative for the November ballot, according to a tally kept by state election officials.

That will once again make California the focal point of the long-stewing argument over marijuana legalization, a debate likely to be a high-dollar brawl between adversaries who believe it could launch or stifle another national trend.

The campaign will air issues that have changed little over the years. Proponents will cite the financial and social cost of enforcing pot prohibition and argue that marijuana is not as dangerous and addictive as tobacco or alcohol. Opponents will highlight marijuana-linked crimes, rising teenage use and the harm the weed causes some smokers.

But the debate also will play out against a cultural landscape that has changed substantially, with marijuana moving from dark street corners to neon-lit suburban boutiques. In the months since the Obama administration ordered drug agents to lay off dispensaries, hundreds have opened, putting pot within easy reach of most Californians. Whether voters view this de facto legalization with trepidation or equanimity could shape the outcome.

The measure's supporters hope that this dynamic will shift the debate, allowing them to persuade voters to replace prohibition with controlled sales that could be taxed to help California's cities and counties.

"They already accept that it's out there. They want to see a smart strategy," said Chris Lehane, a top strategist for the initiative.

But John Lovell, a Sacramento lobbyist for law enforcement groups, said he believes that voters will reject that argument.

"Why on Earth would you want to add yet another mind-altering substance to the legal array?" he asked.

California is not alone in weighing legalization. Several state legislatures have considered bills and two other Western states may vote on initiatives. In Nevada, a measure aimed for 2012 would allow state-licensed pot stores. And a campaign in Washington hopes to put a legalization measure on the fall ballot.

The 10-page California initiative would allow anyone 21 or older to possess, share and transport up to an ounce for personal use and to grow up to 25 square feet per residence or parcel. It would allow local governments, but not the state, to authorize the cultivation, transportation and sale of marijuana and to impose taxes to raise revenues.

To make the ballot, the measure needs 433,971 valid signatures. By Tuesday, it was just 15,000 short. Los Angeles County, where supporters collected 142,246 signatures, is expected to put it over the top.

The initiative's main proponent, Richard Lee, has spent at least $1.3 million, mostly on a professional signature-gathering effort, and has assembled a team of experienced campaign consultants that includes Lehane, a veteran of the Clinton White House.

Lee, who owns half a dozen mostly pot-related businesses in Oakland, has said that he hopes to raise as much as $20 million. The last time pot was on the ballot, in 1996, proponents raised $2 million, with most of it from a few wealthy supporters.

Lehane said the campaign would have a major Internet component. Marijuana has a devoted following on the Web. When President Obama held an online town hall meeting after his inauguration, he was barraged with questions about legalization.

"There's the potential to raise significant online resources," he said.

Lovell has been assembling a coalition to defeat the measure. He thinks that he will be able to recruit business leaders because the initiative prohibits discrimination against anyone who uses marijuana, unless it affects job performance.

Lovell said he is not worried about "the deep pockets on that side." He noted that opponents of Proposition 5, which would have let nonviolent drug offenders avoid prison, defeated it in 2008 despite being outspent.

"We don't have to match the other side dollar for dollar," he said.

In that case, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and four former governors denounced the measure. All the major candidates for governor have shunned the pot initiative, including Democrat Jerry Brown, who as governor signed a law in 1975 that dramatically reduced marijuana penalties.

Lehane said the legalization campaign would soon roll out radio ads with former law enforcement officials.

Polls have shown that a slim majority of California voters want to legalize marijuana. Both sides will shape their arguments to take aim at the wavering voters in the middle.

The measure's supporters say the undecided are primarily women in their 30s and 40s with children.

Proponents hope to persuade those voters that it is time for a fresh approach to a drug that is a fact of life in California, where it supports a multibillion-dollar economy. The wisest plan, they argue, is to allow cities and counties to regulate sales and impose taxes to help them escape their budget disasters.

Two independent pollsters, Mark Baldassare of the Public Policy Institute of California and Mark DiCamillo of the Field Poll, said the state's grim financial situation may heighten the measure's appeal.

"Whether voters are really there, whether they want to legalize marijuana, I would probably tend to say no, but given the drastic state of the budget, I don't know," said DiCamillo, calling the issue a wild card. "The climate may actually help it a bit."

Opponents plan to remind voters of the chaos caused by cities and counties struggling with California's medical marijuana law, noting that it had led to the explosive growth in dispensaries in Los Angeles County, where a quarter of the state's voters live.

"It's going to be a crazy quilt of 500 different marijuana nations," Lovell said.

Lehane said the legalization campaign will unveil model ordinances to show voters how it could work and highlight separate state legislation to capture tax revenue from legal sales.

The adversaries will also debate the social costs, disputing the effect prohibition has on marijuana use, drug violence and the role of Mexican cartels.

Stephen Gutwillig, California director of the Drug Policy Alliance, said he hoped to highlight the increase in misdemeanor marijuana arrests, which tripled between 1990 and 2008.

"It really is on a scale that we have never seen," he said.

Opponents will cite a national survey that found an increase in teenagers trying marijuana last year. And they are emphasizing the danger of drugged drivers. In a recent column, Ventura County Sheriff Bob Brooks cited a 2007 accident in which a driver high on marijuana crashed into a stopped vehicle, killing its driver and critically injuring a California Highway Patrol officer.

john.hoeffel@latimes.com

Copyright ? 2010, The Los Angeles Times

Because They're Never Happy Californians Now Are Worried About Legalizing Marijuana

California is moodier than a 14 year old girl:

In this region renowned for potent marijuana buds, many in Humboldt County long accepted that legalizing the weed was the right thing to do.

Now some folks aren?t so sure.

A statewide initiative in November would allow cities to regulate pot possession and cultivation. Assemblyman Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco) has proposed a broader legalization. Neither is certain to pass.

Yet as medical marijuana has spread and city and state budgets are being slashed, legalized marijuana is becoming more possible than ever. That has some people here thinking twice.

Wholesale prices have dropped in the last five years ? from $4,000 a pound to below $3,000 for the best cannabis ? as medical-marijuana dispensaries have attracted a slew of new growers statewide, Humboldt growers say.

Recently, ?Keep Pot Illegal? bumper stickers have been seen on cars around the county. In chat rooms and on blogs, anonymous writers predict that tobacco companies will crush small farmers and take marijuana production to the Central Valley.

Have you ever heard a group of people complain more than Californians?

They have the best weather in the country, save for maybe Florida, no one there actually works, and they have enough time on their hands to protest anything and everything.

For as long as I can remember Californians have been bitching about how marijuana should be legal and how it?s harmless compared to alcohol. So the State finally decides maybe it?s a good idea to legalize it. Except now they?re worried those big bad tobacco companies will run them out of business, so they want it kept illegal? The growers are so lazy that they?re worried they might have to ??keep books, pay taxes and abide by pesticide regulations.? Oh, the horror!

There are no words to describe how much I hate California.

Why I No Longer Support Decriminalizing Marijuana

The latest scientific conclusions ? which are causal, not merely correlative ? show that pot use significantly increases the likelihood of mental illness.

March 3, 2010 - by Clayton E. Cramer

Back in the 1970s, when I was first exposed to the idea of decriminalizing illegal drugs, it seemed like a good idea. My interest was abstract: I didn?t smoke pot. My wife and I signed a marijuana decriminalization petition one evening around 1980 for a group that acted like they had fallen out of a Cheech and Chong movie. They asked if we could contribute a joint or two to the cause. They were utterly shocked when we told them: ?We don?t smoke pot.? They just could not imagine that anyone would support decriminalization without a more personal interest.

There?s no question that making drugs illegal creates serious problems for our criminal justice system. It clogs the courts, it corrupts police officers and government officials, and it funds some really sleazy people. All of this is true ? but it turns out that there are some substantial social costs on the other side that simply don?t get any attention. While it may sound like I have been watching Reefer Madness (1936) ? a tragically overwrought portrayal of the dangers of marijuana ? it turns out that mental illness is one of those social costs.

A surprising number of scholarly studies in the last 25 years have demonstrated that marijuana use seems to cause an increase in psychoses such as schizophrenia, and somewhat less dramatic mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder.

Let me emphasize: This isn?t just correlation analysis ? finding that people with a current mental illness are disproportionately potheads. I am well aware that people with significant mental illness problems tend to ?self-medicate? using various psychoactive drugs (including alcohol). No, these are longitudinal studies that show the marijuana use comes first, with the mental illness later in life.

The first of these, involving Swedish conscripts, was published in the Lancet in 1987. Those who had used marijuana heavily by age 18 were six times more likely to develop schizophrenia. A British medical journal paper published in 2002 performed a longitudinal study in New Zealand and found that:
Firstly, cannabis use is associated with an increased risk of experiencing schizophrenia symptoms, even after psychotic symptoms preceding the onset of cannabis use are controlled for. ? Secondly, early cannabis use (by age 15) confers greater risk for schizophrenia outcomes than later cannabis use (by age 18). The youngest cannabis users may be most at risk because their cannabis use becomes longstanding.
This paper, from the British Journal of Psychiatry in 2004, should also make you a bit concerned. From the abstract:
On an individual level, cannabis use confers an overall twofold increase in the relative risk for later schizophrenia. At the population level, elimination of cannabis use would reduce the incidence of schizophrenia by approximately 8%, assuming a causal relationship. Cannabis use appears to be neither a sufficient nor a necessary cause for psychosis. It is a component cause, part of a complex constellation of factors leading to psychosis.
There?s unquestionably a genetic component. This Schizophrenia Bulletin (2008) paper tells us:
Cannabis use is considered a contributory cause of schizophrenia and psychotic illness. However, only a small proportion of cannabis users develop psychosis. This can partly be explained by the amount and duration of the consumption of cannabis and by its strength, but also by the age at which individuals are first exposed to cannabis. Genetic factors, in particular, are likely to play a role in the short- and the long-term effects cannabis may have on psychosis outcome. ? Evidence suggests that mechanisms of gene-environment interaction are likely to underlie the association between cannabis and psychosis.
Obviously, only a fraction of pot smokers are going to go crazy and join the 1-3% of Americans who are psychotic. Think of smoking marijuana on a regular basis as playing Russian roulette once with a 50-shot cylinder, one of which has a live round. (Of course, now that you know that, maybe you do have to be crazy to smoke marijuana.)

At this point, you may be saying: ?Big deal! It?s my life! If I want to smoke pot and risk going crazy, that?s my choice!? I would concede that point, except that as of 2002, schizophrenia alone of the mental disorders was costing the United States $63 billion a year in medical costs and in disability payments. Much of that cost is directly governmental, since schizophrenics usually aren?t able to work and thus are reliant on the government.

You might also argue: ?What about alcohol? Doesn?t it have risks?? No question ? and these risks have been recognized for a long time. Arguing for decriminalization of marijuana because alcohol is a big problem is like arguing that because one of your feet is gangrenous the doctor should also amputate the healthy foot just to be even-handed. (Or even-footed, I suppose.) If anything, instead of decriminalizing marijuana, we should be looking at discouraging alcohol ? and recognizing that while Prohibition didn?t work, there may be approaches more educational, and less drastic, that can.

<small>Clayton E. Cramer is a software engineer and historian. His sixth book, Armed America: The Remarkable Story of How and Why Guns Became as American as Apple Pie (Nelson Current, 2006), is available in bookstores. His web site is www.claytoncramer.com.</small>

Anyone who reads Steve Heath's (aka 'barman', aka 'Manny') posts should not be shocked by this.

There are no words to describe how much I hate California.

I have only been in California once and it was enough not to want to go back.

The main things I remember were...
1) people standing around in the middle of the day and blocking the whole major part of the city (San Francisco) for a loud and annoying pro-life rally.
2) homeless people all over the streets wherever you walked (especially Berkeley, but also SF)
3) horrible restaurants, rude people, and not even good weather

I don't know how Californians can complain about the east coast cities considering where they come from.

That Clay Cramer and JoeCanadian guy both make a whole lot of sense. We would like to put them on our payrolls to help further promote their support for our continued control of the multi-billion dollar per year marijuana business.

Sincerely,

Illegal Drug Cartels and Criminal Gangs

A classic -- and one of the most popular threads at the EOG eva!

:houra

tank

EOG Dedicated

Look out MANNY .....I think you are going to see some envy and stalking coming your way!!Markie will be bumping this thread for weeks now popping blue pills visiting gay porn sites along with anti unions sites to get his erection.

This is in fact the Greatest Thread ever in the EOG Cyber Purgatory forum.

Not only does it include my posting name up front and center, it contains at least 40 different posts - all methodically typed out during the wee hours in his Canadian bunker - from "JoeC" wherein he proudly declares his unwavering support for international drug cartels and violent criminal gangs.

Keep it comin, kid. And as my Chitown bud Tank noted, you're way overdue to bump your "I Love Naked Old Men Sucking Cocks" thread...Surely in the past few months you've accumulated some fresh photos in your private computer file that you can share with your Cyber Purgatory wardens.