Greek No More

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Dear Client,

TheGreek.com is closing its bookmaking operations. However, we have arranged for your account to be transferred to BetCRIS. BetCRIS is one of the pioneers in the sports betting industry and offers great value to both recreational and experienced sports bettors. They offer a wide variety of prematch betting options and live betting on televised sporting events with bets being graded in real time. Their loyalty program is the best in the industry giving you better odds and higher payouts on all your wagers as you progress through the levels. We are confident you will be satisfied with their service.

The transfer of your account has been designed to be quick and easy. Follow the link below to enter your username and password for TheGreek.com to automatically transfer your current balance to your new account and start betting right away.

We thank you for your patronage, and are confident you will be in good hands at BetCRIS. All fund transfers are being guaranteed by The Greek, so you can be assured that you can continue to "Sweat the Game, and not the Payout."

Regards,

kane

EOG master
I don't have an account with them, but they were a good follow on twitter, always sent out some good info

MrTop

EOG Master
I think there will be more down the road. I remember in the 90's he would beat out cris for openers often. It was like they would take turns putting the opener out. . A hall of fame book.

A solid place to play at. The screen is having less value every day.

MrTop

EOG Master
twitter :

Some Sad News To Pass Along

Some of you may have already heard that we are ceasing bookmaking operations as of today. We are in the process of restructuring with new plans ahead.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Spiros got a little too smug if he thought tranfering millions from a off-shore account to his US account wasn't going to raise eyebrows after 9/11.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Spiros got a little too smug if he thought tranfering millions from a off-shore account to his US account wasn't going to raise eyebrows after 9/11.

Yep. Had to pay a nice $20m fine. Think he was living in Maine? New Hampshire?

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
I guess the writing was on the wall when Greek opened NFL Week 1 Cincy/Seattle total at 73.5 and it didn't change for 2 weeks, closed operations at that number

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
If i remember correctly the best part about the Greek when i played their was you could put in the play and you had 30 seconds to hit the confirm button. the number would not change for that 30 seconds. So in quick changing markets like second half plays it was a huge advantage.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Spiros Athanasopolous was 59.

I need to ditch this line.

Leads to too much confusion.

I was trying to make the point Spiros is no longer relevant.

It works in some cases.

For example, when the full Jussie Smollett controversy was revealed, I wrote, "Jussie Smollett was 36."

It made me chuckle at the time.

howid

EOG Dedicated
The first to offer half time betting on all lined college games.

Most bets graded the instant they went final. Ball clears the uprights, clock expires, money is in your account.

Wouldn't budge from dime baseball lines though.

Scooper

EOG Veteran
I need to ditch this line.

Leads to too much confusion.

I was trying to make the point Spiros is no longer relevant.

It works in some cases.

For example, when the full Jussie Smollett controversy was revealed, I wrote, "Jussie Smollett was 36."

It made me chuckle at the time.

Don’t quit your day job

MrTop

EOG Master
never closed the twitter account. On their last day they said they are in the process of restructuring with new plans ahead.

maybe a smaller office ? years ago smaller credit offices use to layoff until football.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Yes, I wonder what volume is like these days. At least player account funds are safe.

How could someone so smart and talented lose 20 million in a fine? Must have got some really bad legal advice?

It was probably either keep putting money in to keep the business afloat or give up and live on what he made.

Ok - so how did he make so much money where other operators did not

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
never closed the twitter account. On their last day they said they are in the process of restructuring with new plans ahead.

maybe a smaller office ? years ago smaller credit offices use to layoff until football.
New Place, hopefully US Facing. BetSpiro.eu