Gulfstream Park Pick 3 Races 6,7,8

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Gulfstream Park Pick 3 Races 6,7,8

Looks like someone stole the majority of the $34,000 pool.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Do horseplayers deserve an explanation from the racetrack?

Tough question.

Heim

EOG Master

What a joke horse racing has become....glad I'm out.

A $11----->$49.60------->$69.40.......pays $246.50 for a buck

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Well I just left a message on the cell phone of our buddy at the DRF. In a nutshell:

The winning prices of the horses in race 6,7,8- $11.00/$49.60/$69.40
The pick 3 paid an impossibly low $246.60 for $1......this wasn't a conso payout, this was the payout for hitting the sequence.

To put this into perspective, bookending that sequence with race 5,6,7- $10.40/$11.00/$49.60 paid $937.90 for $1.....races 7,8,9- $49.60/$69.40/ and a dead chalk $3.80 paid $3,178.90 for $1.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

One other note- a $1 double of races 7-8 returned $635.30

cheapseats

EOG Master

something has to be wrong, otherwise this is criminal, can't wait to see the reason they conger-up

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

something has to be wrong, otherwise this is criminal, can't wait to see the reason they conger-up

They will 'investigate' and tell you that everything is fine and not to worry, the winner was legit yada yada yada.

Its up to you to either believe them or not.

Unfortunately, since the racetrack doesnt care who wins, they have really no 'incentive' to really find out the truth.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

thats either a wrong punch or a bet after the first leg...how much did that ticket cost??

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

couldnt tell if it was two horses in the last leg or 1 thru 6....ty......my guess it was supposed to be a 10 pick six....if not it was put in after the first leg and that is almost impossible since he used 2 horses in the 3rd leg and at least one of them was a bomb

Ray Luca

EOG Master

yea my bad shoulda used the comma

Firster won the 8th by 7 lengths

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

There was tons of different things he could have done better here, but doing some quick math looking at the win pools of the 6th and 8th- he basically parlayed the #4 in the 6th to the #1,#6 in the 8th with the equity of the "all" in the 7th. Taking that $1980 and parlaying the #4 to the 1,6 would have returned over $60K............obv, singling the #6 w/ 1/2 the ticket and betting the other 1/2 on the #1 would have netted him a much higher payout as well.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

There was tons of different things he could have done better here, but doing some quick math looking at the win pools of the 6th and 8th- he basically parlayed the #4 in the 6th to the #1,#6 in the 8th with the equity of the "all" in the 7th. Taking that $1980 and parlaying the #4 to the 1,6 would have returned over $60K............obv, singling the #6 w/ 1/2 the ticket and betting the other 1/2 on the #1 would have netted him a much higher payout as well.

If I was really smart, i'd send you money and my numbers and let you do all the work :)
We would be kings...

Ray Luca

EOG Master

The guy def made the worst bet of all time.

The tri was light in the 8th too w 75-1 3rd. Paid $3683 for a buck....Prob all the guys doing 1-6 rundowns after the probables

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The guy def made the worst bet of all time if he actually put the bet in before leg 1 went off and didnt go into the computer system and change the bet like the Drexel guys did.

The tri was light in the 8th too w 75-1 3rd. Paid $3683 for a buck....Prob all the guys doing 1-6 rundowns after the probables

ftfy

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

If I was really smart, i'd send you money and my numbers and let you do all the work :)
We would be kings...

I tried that some years ago, and kept cutting myself short. lol....even keeping 100% of the rebate for myself, it still wasn't working for me. Solo works better.......but fire off any ticket structure questions at any time and I'll try and answer them best I can.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

my quick math suggests that this single ticket out of canada is not enough action on the miracle
low payout...there was more in the know that pounded the wining silly longshot pick 3 combo..a single $110 pick 3 wining ticket plus a few other random winners of it..say another $5 in lucky winners should have paid more. there was more like $300 in wining pick3's to get that low of a payout..what is the tracktakeout on pic 3's at this track anyone have that handy?

It was a $110 pk 3 ticket out of canada

4/all/1-6

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

my quick math suggests that this single ticket out of canada is not enough action on the miracle
low payout...there was more in the know that pounded the wining silly longshot pick 3 combo..a single $110 pick 3 wining ticket plus a few other random winners of it..say another $5 in lucky winners should have paid more. there was more like $300 in wining pick3's to get that low of a payout..what is the tracktakeout on pic 3's at this track anyone have that handy?

It was a $110 pk 3 ticket out of canada

4/all/1-6

The takeout is 20% on the pick 3..and you have it a bit backwards. IF the information is correct and one single player had it 110x's, he had the entire pool to himself sans 1 or 2 other winning tickets. This helps exemplify how horrible this wager really was. Betting a very small fraction of what he did into the pick 3 would have resulted in the same payout. The other money could have been invested other ways........also, lumping 110 $1 tickets into one bet idiotic from a tax standpoint.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

The takeout is 20% on the pick 3..and you have it a bit backwards. IF the information is correct and one single player had it 110x's, he had the entire pool to himself sans 1 or 2 other winning tickets. This helps exemplify how horrible this wager really was. Betting a very small fraction of what he did into the pick 3 would have resulted in the same payout. The other money could have been invested other ways........also, lumping 110 $1 tickets into one bet idiotic from a tax standpoint.

i see it now I had a factor of 2 wrong....

if he bet his "parlay amount" on the final horse how much would that win price have been reduced however by 1/2 or so?

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

i see it now I had a factor of 2 wrong....

if he bet his "parlay amount" on the final horse how much would that win price have been reduced however by 1/2 or so?

I was actually surprised by the pools size yesterday at GS......doing quick math yesterday if he bet 1/2 the parlay (@$5K) on the #1 it would have lowered the odds to 12/1-14/1......his payback would have been $65K- $75K

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

is it a bit harsh to call this the worst bet ever..it turned out very bad as a bomb won on leg 2 and leg 3

his key horse single was leg 1...

if the chalk won the second leg and third leg (which was clearly possible) his bet might have looked better compared to some parlay... basically the exact wrong horses for him won leg 2 and 3 from a bad bet perspective anyway......

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

is it a bit harsh to call this the worst bet ever..it turned out very bad as a bomb won on leg 2 and leg 3

his key horse single was leg 1...

if the chalk won the second leg and third leg (which was clearly possible) his bet might have looked better compared to some parlay... basically the exact wrong horses for him won leg 2 and 3 from a bad bet perspective anyway......

You don't punch the "all" button looking for a favorite......and the #6 in the 3rd leg had a 12/1 ML, same as the #1.

** Also, the bombs hitting doesn't make his bet look better w/ regards to a parlay, it makes it look worse. FAV wins 2nd leg and he gets less money, not more. He knows the off odds on his opening leg going in, and knows he has two 12/1 ML's to close.

If anybody tracked the will pays, it would be interesting to know. OBV if the story is correct, both the #1 and #6 were showing similar will pays skewed from the rest of the field.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

still think punching error...was this bet at a post up account??...no one bets like this and is not long ago broke

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Story is correct. DRF even tweeted about it yesterday

Nothing about who or what type of account it was....

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

From DRF article by Mike Welsch:
Gentlemen’s Bet’s victory also sparked an investigation into the pick-three payoff that concluded with the eighth race. A sequence that also included the 9-2 Water of Life in the sixth race and 23-1 Matt’s a Giant in the seventh returned a mere $246.60 for $1. The $2 Matt’s a Giant and Gentlemen’s Bet daily double paid $1,270.60.The mutuel department later confirmed that one unidentified person, betting in Canada, played a $110 part wheel singling Water of Life with ”all” in the seventh race with Gentlemen’s Bet and runner-up Nonno’s Boy in the eighth. The $1,980 investment returned more than $15,530 of the total pool of $34,767 wagered on that particular pick-three sequence.

The part in bold doesn't make sense.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

If anyone identifies him, please give him my phone number...

Rebates and broadway shows incl

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

From DRF article by Mike Welsch:
Gentlemen’s Bet’s victory also sparked an investigation into the pick-three payoff that concluded with the eighth race. A sequence that also included the 9-2 Water of Life in the sixth race and 23-1 Matt’s a Giant in the seventh returned a mere $246.60 for $1. The $2 Matt’s a Giant and Gentlemen’s Bet daily double paid $1,270.60.The mutuel department later confirmed that one unidentified person, betting in Canada, played a $110 part wheel singling Water of Life with ”all” in the seventh race with Gentlemen’s Bet and runner-up Nonno’s Boy in the eighth. The $1,980 investment returned more than $15,530 of the total pool of $34,767 wagered on that particular pick-three sequence.

The part in bold doesn't make sense.

I guess a 100 dollar part wheel (into a 30k pool) wasnt enough? He needed to grab the extra 10 bucks?