Gulfstream Park's Rainbow 6

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Gulfstream Park's Rainbow 6

About $70 million was bet over the last two racing days at Gulfstream Park.

Nothing better than monster pools.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Re: Gulfstream Pick 6

Re: Gulfstream Pick 6

Pretty shitty that there were no Will Pays, was alive to 8 & 9.

The jock on the 9 looked pretty pissed at whoever was in the gate with him....8 looked tons the best.

20 million pot and they can't even show will pays, unreal.

Cannot trust Stronach...EVER

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

How many of the 42k tix u think had the fav in

Probably 95% of them, but they also had horses with the 8.

The 5 had to be an ALL button on high majority of tickets that won, so the 1000 tickets that got paid also had another 13K combos that didn't get paid. So that leaves around 29K tickets (1000 ALL's), so how many of those 29K had multiple horses covered

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I guessed the 8 will pay at $1500 too. 42k live tickets but I had 3 of them. August had 5 of them. Highly doubtful most people would have singled the 8 last as it appeared to be most wide open race with the largest field so most people probably had 3-5 dead tickets even if they had the chalk.

yisman

EOG Master

There has to be someone we can reach out to for an explanation, or at least to post an article on a horse site about it.

I've been doing searches and none of the horse racing sites have posted anything about this.

Very high profile so you'd thing this would've caught the attention of a blogger.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

There has to be someone we can reach out to for an explanation, or at least to post an article on a horse site about it.

I've been doing searches and none of the horse racing sites have posted anything about this.

Very high profile so you'd thing this would've caught the attention of a blogger.

I sent an email of Gulfstream site about 30 min ago....no ADW payoff, nothing on screen I saw, nothing on their twitter page.

unusualsusp5

EOG Senior Member

the jackpot bet should be outlawed. people who bet this thing before the forceout are getting screwed totally. not sure how much they take out daily but the thing only ends up as a no takeout bet when they finally decide to drain it. i was hoping that all live tickets would have hit the last race just to show how foolish this thing is. track gets to hold the money for weeks or months and get interest on that and get a major handle boost on the final day. only way it works if you get 5 longshots to come in and you have them. avoid.

richsox24

EOG Master

If they post payouts before the race, it makes it harder for them to skim the pools.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

This guy has a theory/explanation:
I have not seen will-pays since that screw-up a couple years back when an early bet from Chicago was placed before early scratches known. Will-pays were shown, but late betting made a new favorite that won. The early scratch bet was switched to the favorite, making 2 tickets on the winner and no jackpot.

The 5 drifted out in the stretch, changing both 3 and 11's path. I have seen DQs sometimes from similar action.
From post #62 at:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2268547#post2268547

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

the jackpot bet should be outlawed. people who bet this thing before the forceout are getting screwed totally. not sure how much they take out daily but the thing only ends up as a no takeout bet when they finally decide to drain it. i was hoping that all live tickets would have hit the last race just to show how foolish this thing is. track gets to hold the money for weeks or months and get interest on that and get a major handle boost on the final day. only way it works if you get 5 longshots to come in and you have them. avoid.

It is good to play the thing a few days before mandatory day.

August West

Rambler

A guy went all in once on the day before a mandatory payout and scored a $7mil hit.
http://www.drf.com/news/horse-owner-borislow-wins-rainbow-six-jackpot-tune-nearly-7-million

On the first ticket i put together yesterday I hit the all button in the last race. Couldn't get that ticket to come in at a reasonable cost though so I scrapped it and rearranged things. Pretty sure I woulda hit it because both my singles on that first ticket won. oh well.

Scatana Fas

EOG Addicted

A guy went all in once on the day before a mandatory payout and scored a $7mil hit.
http://www.drf.com/news/horse-owner-borislow-wins-rainbow-six-jackpot-tune-nearly-7-million

On the first ticket i put together yesterday I hit the all button in the last race. Couldn't get that ticket to come in at a reasonable cost though so I scrapped it and rearranged things. Pretty sure I woulda hit it because both my singles on that first ticket won. oh well.

And he was dead a month or two after the score.

scrimmage

Less competition for sure,there aren't 100 million tickets going for it,yet in general it's a bad value bet with a effective 52% takeout:

The takeout on the Rainbow 6 – i.e., Gulfstream's cut – is 20 percent. After 40 percent of the remainder goes into the jackpot pool, the effective takeout is a staggering 52 percent unless someone holds the sole perfect ticket. It's tough enough for the best of handicappers to overcome a 20 percent takeout rate; a 52 percent takeout makes the Rainbow 6 a worse investment than the lottery.
http://www.drf.com/news/andrew-beyer-rainbow-6-elusive-expensive-pot-gold

Not 52% technically,but it is,because daily winners don't split the whole pool after the initial 20% rake:
Critics of the bet have said the 40% carryover provision when there are multiple winners makes the daily takeout on the bet too high. Beyer and others have referred to it as a 52% takeout on daily pick 6 payouts. (If $100,000 is wagered and the current takeout is 20%, that means of the $80,000 remaining only $48,000 is paid out that day, with the other $32,000 put into the jackpot.) Technically it's not a 52% takeout, because the $32,000 will be paid out eventually, but they do have a point.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/...am-s-rainbow-6-thing-of-beauty-or-sucker-bet/

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

Less competition for sure,there aren't 100 million tickets going for it,yet in general it's a bad value bet with a effective 52% takeout:

Not 52% technically,but it is,because daily winners don't split the whole pool after the initial 20% rake:

Syndicates are putting in big tickets with lots of hopeless horses trying for unique ticket. Friday the pick 5 & pick 6 pools handles were about the same. The .20 pick 6 paid $1502 close to 3x the .50 pick 5 $565...you could have hit the ALL button in first leg of pk6 at .20 and ended up way more profitable ROI than pk5 play at .50.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Syndicates are putting in big tickets with lots of hopeless horses trying for unique ticket. Friday the pick 5 & pick 6 pools handles were about the same. The .20 pick 6 paid $1502 close to 3x the .50 pick 5 $565...you could have hit the ALL button in first leg of pk6 at .20 and ended up way more profitable ROI than pk5 play at .50.

This has been the case since the inception of the wager. After the pool gets large enough, "dead" money trying for unique tickets often make the wager a better value than the encompassing horizontals contained within, even with a much higher takeout.

scrimmage

This has been the case since the inception of the wager. After the pool gets large enough, "dead" money trying for unique tickets often make the wager a better value than the encompassing horizontals contained within, even with a much higher takeout.
So before the pool builds up to x amount the takeout is pretty steep,and then once the carryover reaches a certain amount the Rainbow 6 becomes a value wager,after the tipping point is reached is the place/time to start entering tickets;when/where is that dollar amount sweet spot with the extra "dead money",seems the closer to the mandatory payout would be the optimum...

blueline

EOG Master
Saturday’s Derby Day Rainbow 6 to Exceed 10 Million Dollars

Mandatory Payout of 20-cent Wager – Carryover $2.6 Million

HALLANDALE BEACH, FL - Gulfstream Park’s Rainbow 6 will have a mandatory payout Saturday on Florida Derby Day, and the pool is expected to surpass $10 million.

The 20-cent wager, unsolved for the 30th consecutive racing day Friday, will have a carryover Saturday of $2,660,030.05.

Saturday’s Rainbow 6 sequence will kick off with the ninth race – a maiden special weight event for 3-year-olds at a 1 1/16 miles on the turf – and will include the $250,000 Pan American (G2) and $1 million Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (G1).

There was $513,251 bet into the Rainbow 6 Friday afternoon. Multiple tickets with six winners Friday returned $95,775.58.

The carryover jackpot is only paid out when there is a single unique ticket sold with all six winners. On days when there is no unique ticket, 70 percent of that day’s pool goes back to those bettors holding tickets with the most winners while 30 percent is carried over to the jackpot pool.

Since the 2018-19 Championship Meet kicked off Dec. 1, the Rainbow 6 has been hit seven times, most recently for a $227,505.88 payout Feb. 15.

Saturday’s 14-race program, which begins at 11:30 a.m., will also include a $750,000 Late Pick 4 guaranteed pool and a $500,000 Late Pick 5 guaranteed pool.