Harbaugh gone at year's end to Michigan

blueline

EOG Master
Re: Harbaugh gone at year's end to Michigan

Cutler nominated by Bears for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award which recognizes excellence both on and off the field

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

Wasn't it just a year or two ago that Harbaugh was being called one of the best coaches in the league? Now he's run out of town after just one bad year? Must've been a lot of bad stuff going on behind the scenes.

Michigan makes a lot of sense for him though, i would think. He played QB for the Wolverines back in the day (and was quite good, actually), so i'm sure he's well-liked by the alumni up there, and he had a lot of success at Stanford, so obviously he's capable of being a good college coach. Good job for a lot of money, and a lot more job security than he had in the pros.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Wasn't it just a year or two ago that Harbaugh was being called one of the best coaches in the league? Now he's run out of town after just one bad year? Must've been a lot of bad stuff going on behind the scenes.

Michigan makes a lot of sense for him though, i would think. He played QB for the Wolverines back in the day (and was quite good, actually), so i'm sure he's well-liked by the alumni up there, and he had a lot of success at Stanford, so obviously he's capable of being a good college coach. Good job for a lot of money, and a lot more job security than he had in the pros.

I think his style is better-suited for college. Probably micro-managed everything at SF, players probably were tuning him out.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Some rumors are true.

Crazy how so much can change in a few months. People are so fickle.

railbird

EOG Master
hasn't been the same since his kid came out as homosexual. the down side of him signing with the 49ers

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
railbird;n7453318 said:
hasn't been the same since his kid came out as homosexual. the down side of him signing with the 49ers

Even for you this is a new low.

Please tell us all how the 2 are related. Can't wait to hear this

Heim;n7453316 said:
I find it humorous he was 19-3 with Hoke's kids but 9-9 with his recruits.

I think the number is 20-6 with Hoke's kids, but the point still remains.
It is quite amazing. I don't really get it, but I do think Michigan still has a really good year this year.

I do think Luck was just so damn good (and smart) and players like that just don't come around more than once in a career. His third year at Stanford he went 8-5 (this was Luck's freshman year). His fourth year (Luck's sophmore year) they went 12-1 (then he left to the NFL and Shaw took over and went 11-2)

kane

EOG master
Inkwell77;n7453330 said:
I think the number is 20-6 with Hoke's kids, but the point still remains.
It is quite amazing. I don't really get it, but I do think Michigan still has a really good year this year.

I do think Luck was just so damn good (and smart) and players like that just don't come around more than once in a career. His third year at Stanford he went 8-5 (this was Luck's freshman year). His fourth year (Luck's sophmore year) they went 12-1 (then he left to the NFL and Shaw took over and went 11-2)

Shaw > Harbaugh

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Would not surprise me if Jim's next gig is in Miami with the Dolphins. The owner is a huge U of M donor.

kane

EOG master
FairWarning;n7453367 said:
Would not surprise me if Jim's next gig is in Miami with the Dolphins. The owner is a huge U of M donor.

Unfortunately you may be right, Stephen Ross tried getting him when he left SF and is a Harbaugh fan, I don't know if Gase is a good coach or not, but I'll take him over mr overrated any day

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
kane;n7453369 said:
Unfortunately you may be right, Stephen Ross tried getting him when he left SF and is a Harbaugh fan, I don't know if Gase is a good coach or not, but I'll take him over mr overrated any day

I like Gase but its time to go in a different direction for both parties. Jim will fill seats, which Miami needs. Wouldn't shock me if he were to get a similar contract to Gruden. No clue what Michigan would do if he left.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
O line does blow but they had everything set until Black went down a week before. It's like making plans toget married for years only to find out a week before you're not getting married. Peoples is decent but Black was always the oil to the engine. You'll see the difference once he does come back. Knock on wood injury wise...

boston massacre

EOG Master
Don't Blame Braylon Edwards about his Tweet about his Alma mater Michigan.

0-17 on the road against ranked opponents last 17.

1-6 against Rivalries Ohio St. and Mich. St.

Win was against a 3-9 Mich. St. Team.

Doing nothing but dropping in Talent Level.

Bama could beat them by 40.