Hated the Dodgers lineup last night

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Having Bellinger, Puig and Grandal hit in succession was a very bad move. Anyone who follows the Dodgers knows that Bellinger and Grandal are easy outs in the postseason. Puig is pretty bad as well, still swings at shit and is too emotional. Why have this 3 bat in order is beyond my comprehension. Grandal needs to benched, Bellinger needs to be lower in lineup. Puig I love on defense and appreciate his game but he should bat 8th if anything.

Not a fan of Roberts. Dodgers haven't had a good manager since Lasorda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valuist

EOG Master
Roberts is bad. He overmanages his bullpen. Way too many appearances for the relievers takes it toll over time. I agree w/Gabe on the batting order but that's the least of his worries.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Roberts is bad. He overmanages his bullpen. Way too many appearances for the relievers takes it toll over time. I agree w/Gabe on the batting order but that's the least of his worries.
Quite a few teams managed every game like the 7th game of the WS this year, leads to a burnt-out BP.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
If they lose this series, does Roberts survive?

Yes - don't think it will be close, too - easy move to keep him. But as of now 2019 is the last year in his deal. It will be interesting to see if he is there in 2020 w/o a WS Title

Gabe

Horse racing expert
I don't hear the outcry in the city about Roberts, it was loud with Mattingly. I think Roberts is worse.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Surprised Freese is batting 3rd, love that Bellinger and Grandal are benched. I called for this before the series even started.

railbird

EOG Master
Yes - don't think it will be close, too - easy move to keep him. But as of now 2019 is the last year in his deal. It will be interesting to see if he is there in 2020 w/o a WS Title

its up to billy jean king, they will want to make a diversity hire

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Dodgers can't hit, Dodgers useless at the plate. Makes me want to bet Dodgers TT over 2 FF, unexpected shit always happens in sports.

kane

EOG master
Dodgers can't hit, Dodgers useless at the plate. Makes me want to bet Dodgers TT over 2 FF, unexpected shit always happens in sports.
Dodgers problem is everyone swings for the fences, runners on 2nd and 3rd and no out a grounder to second scores a run and moves the other runner third, but the Dodgers don't play that way, everyone is looking to go deep. Also, they're a very deep team, but I don't think constantly switching lineups game to game is the way to go, I get the lefty/righty stuff, but it's hard for these guys to get into a groove when half of them are playing every other game

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Dodgers problem is everyone swings for the fences, runners on 2nd and 3rd and no out a grounder to second scores a run and moves the other runner third, but the Dodgers don't play that way, everyone is looking to go deep. Also, they're a very deep team, but I don't think constantly switching lineups game to game is the way to go, I get the lefty/righty stuff, but it's hard for these guys to get into a groove when half of them are playing every other game

Roberts has managed terribly thus far. 28 active managers would be up 3-1 in this series.

kane

EOG master
Something to be aware of is Hader's availability, I haven't heard anything but I don't think he'll pitch 3 days in a row, assuming he's out, that's huge

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Bellinger has his mojo finally. I think he's set, he is confident now.

Puig came up big too.

This would be my lineup
TAYLOR
TURNER
MACHADO
MUNCY
BELLINGER
FREESE
BARNES
PUIG
P

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Love this year's NLCS and ALCS too.

All four teams play with plenty of emotion.

Milwaukee's Yelich and Aguilar need to get going for the Brewers.

The Friday night scene at Miller Park should be a good one.

Ryu v Miley.

Verlander should be able to extend Houston's season tonight at Minute Maid Park.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated
Love this year's NLCS and ALCS too.

All four teams play with plenty of emotion.

Milwaukee's Yelich and Aguilar need to get going for the Brewers.

The Friday night scene at Miller Park should be a good one.

Ryu v Miley.

Verlander should be able to extend Houston's season tonight at Minute Maid Park.
both have been quite enjoyable ...hoping the brewers can come back to win the series.