Heat/Celtics

choslamshe

EOG Master
Heat in 6

Celtics will be stifled a bit more offensively, the way they did the Bucks. Should be the definition of a gritty series.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Western Conference rep has been put on alert.

Finesse will not win the NBA championship this season.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
At WH, series price is Celtics -155, Heat +135

No bargains with this Celtics team right now.

Miami with homecourt advantage in the Eastern Conference Finals.

The Celts were 50/1 to win the NBA title at William Hill before the season started.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Great job by HEIM grabbing 2/1 on the adjusted series line when the Celtics trailed the Bucks, three games to two.

Back-to-back blowout wins (margins of 13 and 28) for the C's.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Teams I want to support, not fade.
GS seems to have turned a tough corner and alleviated Injury to look very healthy and efficient after absorbing Curry injury in regular season.. Doncic will get his numbers in all 3 major categories but Dallas fails to match up in personnel and pace. Give it no more than 5.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
GS seems to have turned a tough corner and alleviated Injury to look very healthy and efficient after absorbing Curry injury in regular season.. Doncic will get his numbers in all 3 major categories but Dallas fails to match up in personnel and pace. Give it no more than 5.

Dominant NBA teams rarely want to play more than five games against an inferior opponent.

The mindset is to avoid a second trip back to the opponent's city.

I think you're right about the Warriors, JIMMY.

Too many weapons for Dallas to defend.

choslamshe

EOG Master
If Miami relies on Butler to score 30+ to compete, they're toast. Not sure that having Lowry would add too much, but they are going to need (likely) Herro to have output comparable to Jaylen Brown. And, the more I watch Adebayo, the less impressed I am with anything he does outside of defense. His first two games in the series have been no better than someone who gets 12-15 minutes off the bench.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If Miami relies on Butler to score 30+ to compete, they're toast. Not sure that having Lowry would add too much, but they are going to need (likely) Herro to have output comparable to Jaylen Brown. And, the more I watch Adebayo, the less impressed I am with anything he does outside of defense. His first two games in the series have been no better than someone who gets 12-15 minutes off the bench.

Bam Adebayo reminds me of Dwight Howard.

Adebayo needs to play like the young Dwight Howard, not the old Dwight.

kane

EOG master
Bam Adebayo reminds me of Dwight Howard.

Adebayo needs to play like the young Dwight Howard, not the old Dwight.
Bam nothing like Howard, Howard was a big who could guard other bigs, Bam is a big who can guard all five positions, including point guards, Howard couldn't make free throws, Bam a pretty good free throw shooter, Howard couldn't hit a shot outside of the paint, Bam's offensive game is more versatile, he can knock down a mid range jumper, Bam can also bring the ball up the court, he's a very good ball handler for a big, Howard couldn't dribble to save his life, Howard dominated due to his size, Bam dominates with his athleticism and skill, two completely different types of players

Dell Dude

EOG Master
kane with the poster assault on JK. I don't know howid JK can counter attack. kane left him with nothing but newspaper.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
I have respect for John's opinions, I just think he's wrong with his comparison of Howard and Bam

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I hated him. I still do. Celtics of the 80's were the most arrogant team and they backed it up. That starting 5 was perhaps the be best in terms of chemistry. You take any of them besides Bird and they wouldn't have memorable careers. Together they were lethal and individually. They each brought their unique skeels and they won NBA championships based on the starting 5. Everybody else minutes eaters. This includes Billy Walton. He was shot by the time he became a Celtic.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
All good points by KANE.

Three areas where Dwight Howard came to mind when Bam Adebayo was on the losing end of a Boston beatdown last night: 1) The wide shoulders, 2) the imposing presence in the lane and 3) getting lost offensively with the ball in his hands, his back to the basket and the shot clock winding down.

When Adebayo was at Kentucky, NBA scouts compared his game to Dwight Howard's.

Bam took great offense to the comparison.

Most likely for many of the same reasons Kane listed.

I disliked Dwight Howard's game because he never really improved as the years went on.

And when the league changed to a pick-and-pop league, he became a dinosaur.

I'll be interested in tracking Bam's progress through the years.

By the way, Dwight Howard is listed one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than Bam Adebayo.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Railbird is done…he forgot how to talk about sports…he forgot how to handicap….politics ruined the bird ever since that old man kicked his ass….
I agree. Not the same Birdie. Those Little League live game posts were all time classics. I remember when he threatened to beat an ump with his Carl Yastrzemski signed bat because he had a tight strike zone for the American lad pitchers.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
As far as I can tell, JK's only counter is he finds howid to be physically attractive in his shorts and probably would like to cee him without his shorts. You should be able to deliver the Hitman punch you for your participation.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If you need fuck you motivation, remember when JK called you one of the worse and worse EOG posters. Not a misquote, JK. You said be best but also worse and worse.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I hated him. I still do. Celtics of the 80's were the most arrogant team and they backed it up. That starting 5 was perhaps the be best in terms of chemistry. You take any of them besides Bird and they wouldn't have memorable careers. Together they were lethal and individually. They each brought their unique skeels and they won NBA championships based on the starting 5. Everybody else minutes eaters. This includes Billy Walton. He was shot by the time he became a Celtic.

I hated him.

It's Always People Who Have Great Success, Who Are Hated.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I give credit where credit is due. I can't do what kane does. If I could, I would. He has deadly knowledge and precision when it comes to capping. I just grip it and rip it like John Daly. He may decide to let JK walk away from the ring. If he decides to finish him, I know he's got the stuff.