Horrific bad beat

kane

EOG master
I didn't play the game, but I watched one of the worst beats you'll ever see. The Heat are playing the Bulls and Miami is laying 7.5. There's 33 seconds left, Miami is up 11 and the Heat have the ball, the Bulls aren't fouling, so rather than put up a shot, the Heat dribble the shot clock out and turn the ball over to Chicago with 9 seconds left, Jerian Grant shoots a three pointer and makes it, and the ref calls a foul on Goran Dragic who didn't even defend the shot, he was just standing there, Grant hits the free throw, the Heat inbound the ball and dribble away the last few seconds to win by 7

Paleface

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013
Re: horrific bad beat

Bad beat but is typically the norm for an NBA game..

Johnny Knuckles

EOG Veteran

that's a bad beat no doubt.

I just felt my own bad beat. I have Calgary to win the Grey Cup. Just need to win. They are winning 24-16 vs Toronto with 4 minutes to go in the game and have the ball on Toronto's 10 yard line, on the verge of going up by at least 11 pts and maybe 15pts. The Calgary receiver catches the ball on Toronto's 5 yard line, fumbles, and the Toronto defender picks up the ball and runs it all the way back for a TD. Toronto gets the 2pt convert to tie it up, and then scores a FG late to take a 3pt lead. Calgary comes all the way back, has the ball on Toronto's 25 yard line, only to throw an INT in the end zone to end the game. Beyond goddam frustrating. Beyond mother phukin goddam frustrating to watch.

kane

EOG master

I just felt my own bad beat. I have Calgary to win the Grey Cup. Just need to win. They are winning 24-16 vs Toronto with 4 minutes to go in the game and have the ball on Toronto's 10 yard line, on the verge of going up by at least 11 pts and maybe 15pts. The Calgary receiver catches the ball on Toronto's 5 yard line, fumbles, and the Toronto defender picks up the ball and runs it all the way back for a TD. Toronto gets the 2pt convert to tie it up, and then scores a FG late to take a 3pt lead. Calgary comes all the way back, has the ball on Toronto's 25 yard line, only to throw an INT in the end zone to end the game. Beyond goddam frustrating. Beyond mother phukin goddam frustrating to watch.

I had under 53, I watched pretty much the whole game and saw everything you described and was sweating out the end, tough beat no doubt

kane

EOG master

tough loss kane

get it back next time out

I didn't play the game, since I'm exclusively a dog player there's no chance I would have ever had Miami, I never play favorites

Valuist

EOG Master

I was on the wrong side of a tough beat involving the other Miami team today: the Dolphins. Getting +10 first half vs the Pats, they trail 21-10 late in second quarter but are driving in the red zone in final seconds for what should either be a possible TD or chip shot FG......until Moore throws a pick in the final seconds of the half. Bad teams find ways to get one beat.

Johnny Knuckles

EOG Veteran

I had under 53, I watched pretty much the whole game and saw everything you described and was sweating out the end, tough beat no doubt

Its unbelievable the way that game started. All week in Ottawa where the game was played, there was no snow. It starts snowing 90 minutes before kickoff. Within 5 minutes of the start of the game, bettors were influenced by the hard snowfall, and the total dropped from 53 all the way to under 40, after only 5 minutes of the game.

Toronto had no business winning that game, but they made more plays than Toronto. I mean, for Christ sake, Ray has 128 yards passing in the 1st half, and 100 of them were on one play. It's going to eat up Calgary all off season. They take even an 8pt lead with 4 minutes left, and Toronto's not coming back. With another TD, they go up by 14-15. That's a real tough pill to swallow for Calgary backers. In back to back Grey Cups, Calgary makes boneheaded plays in the last few minutes of the game. How do you possibly recover from this one. I hope the CFL commissioner follows through on his plans and has its marquee game played a month sooner, in better field conditions. Slipping and sliding, that's now how you want to showcase your premier event.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

Landers had a big play on the Calgary ML.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I was on the wrong side of a tough beat involving the other Miami team today: the Dolphins. Getting +10 first half vs the Pats, they trail 21-10 late in second quarter but are driving in the red zone in final seconds for what should either be a possible TD or chip shot FG......until Moore throws a pick in the final seconds of the half. Bad teams find ways to get one beat.

Even the savior lets you down sometimes

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Bad beats can be a maddening part of the game.

Rule of thumb. If you're running bad and need the game like blood...rest assured that the Bad Beat is coming.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

On the other end of every bad beat is a lucky win or what I like to call "brilliant handicapping."

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Re: Horrific bad beat

I hope the CFL commissioner follows through on his plans and has its marquee game played a month sooner, in better field conditions. Slipping and sliding, that's now how you want to showcase your premier event.

Why not keep the same timeline and simply play the Grey Cup game in one of the many domed stadiums available in Canada?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Its unbelievable the way that game started. All week in Ottawa where the game was played, there was no snow. It starts snowing 90 minutes before kickoff. Within 5 minutes of the start of the game, bettors were influenced by the hard snowfall, and the total dropped from 53 all the way to under 40, after only 5 minutes of the game.

Toronto had no business winning that game, but they made more plays than Toronto. I mean, for Christ sake, Ray has 128 yards passing in the 1st half, and 100 of them were on one play. It's going to eat up Calgary all off season. They take even an 8pt lead with 4 minutes left, and Toronto's not coming back. With another TD, they go up by 14-15. That's a real tough pill to swallow for Calgary backers. In back to back Grey Cups, Calgary makes boneheaded plays in the last few minutes of the game. How do you possibly recover from this one. I hope the CFL commissioner follows through on his plans and has its marquee game played a month sooner, in better field conditions. Slipping and sliding, that's now how you want to showcase your premier event.

Part of the CFL charm is playing their championship game in those conditions.

Heim

EOG Master

So Vegas (+5) v. Fresno down four, steps on inbound line throwing ball in with 4.9 left. So naturally Vegas fouls. Fresno ball hog Taylor makes both. So what does Vegas do still down two possessions? They run out the clock.

skinny

EOG Addicted

In the last two UNLV games, the ATS winner was determined in the last five seconds.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Too many times, gamblers mistake a tough loss to stomach for a truly bad beat.

Bad beats are rare whereas tough losses are commonplace.

Most recreational gamblers get fooled when coin-flip results produce a random, unforeseen finish.

In my book, those type of outcomes are not bad beats.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Too many times, gamblers mistake a tough loss to stomach for a truly bad beat.

Bad beats are rare whereas tough losses are commonplace.

Most recreational gamblers get fooled when coin-flip results produce a random, unforeseen finish.

In my book, those type of outcomes are not bad beats.

Tough losses are very commonplace in basketball. It’s amazing how many games come down to the last possession or two to decide the spread or total.

kane

EOG master

On the other end of every bad beat is a lucky win or what I like to call "brilliant handicapping."

I don't know if I'm typical of the average bettor, but right now I can recall a whole bunch of my worst beats, but I can't seem to remember any of my lucky wins

richsox24

EOG Master

So Vegas (+5) v. Fresno down four, steps on inbound line throwing ball in with 4.9 left. So naturally Vegas fouls. Fresno ball hog Taylor makes both. So what does Vegas do still down two possessions? They run out the clock.

Just watched that ending. Seemed so rigged. If you're gonna foul down 4 with 5 seconds left, you must think you still have a chance. Then why just dribble the clock out down 6? So fixed its comical. :LMAO:LMAO

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Just watched that ending. Seemed so rigged. If you're gonna foul down 4 with 5 seconds left, you must think you still have a chance. Then why just dribble the clock out down 6? So fixed its comical. :LMAO:LMAO

college basketball is definitely the most fixed sport. Kids are low character mostly and 99% of them have 0 NBA shot. They know they'll be grinding it out for scraps in Europe or going to work at the local grocery store and many of them cash in on that if the opportunity presents itself.

Scooper

EOG Veteran

Link?

Valuist

EOG Master
The season win total plays can be a real tough beat because it feels like it's happening in slow motion.

I bet Charlotte Under 36 1/2 wins. Going into this weekend, it was no lock but I liked my chances with the Hornets having a 32-39 slate. The Hornets had been gradually falling out the last playoff spot and could mail it in the rest of the way. A tough loss to the Sixers last week could've been the nail in the coffin.

So on Saturday, they host the Celtics. Boston blows an 18 point second half lead as the Hornets go onto win 124-117. Not good. But they have to travel on Sunday to play the Raptors. If you haven't seen the end, Lamb of Charlotte hits a rainmaker from beyond half court to nail the Raptors by a point at the final buzzer. Now Charlotte just has to win 3 of its final 9. That half court shot was likely the death blow to my RSW total bet.

kane

EOG master
Back to back incredible wins by Charlotte, in that Celtic game they trailed by 18 with under 8 mins to play, they closed the game on a 30-5 run