Hue Jackson

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Hue Jackson

Most African-American head coaches in the NFL come from the defensive side of the football.

Not Hue Jackson.

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated

Well he's a great coach IMO. However just like in Oakland he will now be working for horrible ownership. Good luck Hue you will need it

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Heard Hue would take the job as long as Johnny Football wasn't part of the future.

No problem, said the Browns' organization.

READY FREDDY

A Wheelbarrow for my Balls

Well he's a great coach IMO. However just like in Oakland he will now be working for horrible ownership. Good luck Hue you will need it

Screw, for what reasons do you believe the ownership of the Browns is horrible?.......i am not trying to defend Cle.

Haslem can run the hell out of truck stops and gas stations,.......thought he might do ok as an nfl owner.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Railbird likes the Baltimore Ravens to capture the AFC North title next season.

rico1

EOG Master

Guarantee you that he lied about being ok with allowing DePodesta to play "moneyball" with the roster.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Screw, for what reasons do you believe the ownership of the Browns is horrible?.......i am not trying to defend Cle.

Haslem can run the hell out of truck stops and gas stations,.......thought he might do ok as an nfl owner.

Lets face it, these owners have big wallets and bigger egos. You can't change GM's and coaches every two years. He needs to let the football people make the decisions and he can run his truck stops.

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated

Results speak pretty loud. You have to look pretty hard to find a bigger train wreck in pro sports than the Cleveland Browns

READY FREDDY

Lets face it, these owners have big wallets and bigger egos. You can't change GM's and coaches every two years. He needs to let the football people make the decisions and he can run his truck stops.

How long does it take to turn around an nfl team?,........i want to try and give Haslem the benefit of the doubt,....i hope he has success in Clev.

Changing Gms and coaches?........Is it a good thing if trying to get better?

How long did it take the owner in Seattle to turn that outfit around?......that would be a good measuring stick.

READY FREDDY

Results speak pretty loud. You have to look pretty hard to find a bigger train wreck in pro sports than the Cleveland Browns

Drafting Manziel was a bone head move,.......unless it was for publicity he brought or Because Johnny was from oil money?

Valuist

EOG Master

The irony about Hue Jackson is that he got run out of Oakland after one 8-8 season and didn't deserve that. This is a big time "make up call".

READY FREDDY

....good insight, FairWarnning,.. Two years after your post,.. Haslem is changing GM's again. 12io4j2w90

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Why would a good GM agree to this?
Helluva good question. Dorsey is an excellent GM, that the Chiefs were stupid for letting go. He had his choice of jobs, as he was clearly the #1 candidate in Cleve, NY, and would have been elsewhere, with whatever opening occurred. Having a Coach forced on an incoming GM is never a good thing. Hue needs to go. He has more than earned his dismissal here, unlike in Oakland. He must have pictures of the Idiot Cleve Owner doing Roy Moore type stuff, if he gets to keep his job after the season.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Can The Brownies do it?

Balt- Very Doubtful. I guess Baltimore could be bummed out after the tough Pitt loss, and they end the season with 2 easy home games with Indy and Cinn. But still tough to think they'd lay down here. Even if they do, they're still good enough to beat the Browns.

@ Chicago- Doubtful. Bears are still playing hard and are better.

@ Pitt- They might luck out. Several scenarios where the game would have zero impact on Pitts standing, and they could choose to sit people, especially Ben.

I'd love to see 0-16, as I have a few fun $$$ on someone having an 0-16 season @ 14-1(I thought it would be Jets). And I'd love to see Cleve have to explain bringing Hue back after 0-16, and 1-31.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran

The worst owner of all time, Jimmy already explained that Hue get's a pass because the Browns were suppose to be awful in 2017. Browns 100 million
under the salary cap, I think it's time to get a new owner rather than a new head coach.

railbird

EOG Master

I know a Glendale jc teammate of Hue who told me 10 yrs ago he couldn't believe hue was an nfl coach he was such a low iq qb. bob gagliano brother john

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad

Hue Jackson burning the midnight oil gameplanning
for Sunday's franchise defining week 17 tilt.