Hurricane Michael

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
What a beast this thing turned out to be.

A rare case in recent years of a hurricane out performing expectations.

The damage in Panama City and east is going to be similar to Andrew 26 years ago.

Third strongest strong to ever hit the us (919 mb)

kane

EOG master
Living in Florida we deal with this every year, last year I lost power for 8 days during Irma, but at least my place wasn't damaged, my heart goes out to all those affected by this monster storm

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
My niece has/had a home in Panama City. She evacuated last night. At this point she’s got no clue what she will or won’t come back to.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Living in Florida we deal with this every year, last year I lost power for 8 days during Irma, but at least my place wasn't damaged, my heart goes out to all those affected by this monster storm

They weren’t prepared for this one. Much different... this one was strengthening at landfall. You are gonna see damage like you’ve never seen before in America I think.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
My niece has/had a home in Panama City. She evacuated last night. At this point she’s got no clue what she will or won’t come back to.

Yeah. My cousin has a house in Destin. He lives in Germany though so he has no idea what to expect also. Couldn’t board it up at all and couldn’t get a hold of anyone

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Word is, st George island is 100% underwater. No passable roads.. no way out or in. Will be surprised if there are any survivors on that island if anyone stayed

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Holy shit

Cnn has a live aerial footage of Mexico beach, fl.

Gotta be like 80%+ of buildings flattened. Never seen anything like it. This is the worst I’ve ever seen

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
two so far reported deaths storm related

one very sad a 12 year old girl from some impact of flying debris in her famlies trailer park or mobile home I think I heard.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Heard on the news that hundreds are missing in Florida, and it could be months before they can find people under the rubble in Mexico beach?!

Pretty crazy.. current death toll is 18, but my guess is it eventually reaches 100+. Florence also had 50... astonishing to think in this day and age and all the knowledge we have, people still make the same mistakes year after year

mr merlin

EOG Master
Heard on the news that hundreds are missing in Florida, and it could be months before they can find people under the rubble in Mexico beach?!

Pretty crazy.. current death toll is 18, but my guess is it eventually reaches 100+. Florence also had 50... astonishing to think in this day and age and all the knowledge we have, people still make the same mistakes year after year
That's hype, they have crews searching with cadaver dogs, I believe so far they found 1 body, there certainly could be a few more but 100+ is very unlikely. There are reports that some people are in big trouble that are in areas where the power is down and they need dyalisis. oxygen, insulin, etc.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
More than half of Mexico beach was flattened and they estimate 95% of buildings are inhabitable. If 300 people stayed behind, it won’t surprise me if a lot are missing.

As for bodies, I think only one has been IDed, but they’ve found some bodies that they just haven’t been able to id yet

mr merlin

EOG Master
More than half of Mexico beach was flattened and they estimate 95% of buildings are inhabitable. If 300 people stayed behind, it won’t surprise me if a lot are missing.

As for bodies, I think only one has been IDed, but they’ve found some bodies that they just haven’t been able to id yet
Yes many people stayed behind, most of them went into the cement bldgs that are several stories high and sustained little damage, there are several videos from them during the hurr icane, the areas that they are showing in mexico city which are totally devastated does not go on and on for many miles, if there are bodies those dogs should find them soon.

All the media nonsense about people not returning to many areas is total crap, they'll say "trees are down all over, roads are blocked, stay away", NO, you want people to return, you want hundreds and thousands of people cutting up and clearing their own areas, that's how you get it done quickly.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Yes many people stayed behind, most of them went into the cement bldgs that are several stories high and sustained little damage, there are several videos from them during the hurr icane, the areas that they are showing in mexico city which are totally devastated does not go on and on for many miles, if there are bodies those dogs should find them soon.

All the media nonsense about people not returning to many areas is total crap, they'll say "trees are down all over, roads are blocked, stay away", NO, you want people to return, you want hundreds and thousands of people cutting up and clearing their own areas, that's how you get it done quickly.
It’s an embarrassment that FEMA has taken so long to respond. Trump has been in 4-5 towns campaigning while these people are homeless. That isn’t a Democrat or repulblican issue, that’s a government breakdown.

mr merlin

EOG Master
It’s an embarrassment that FEMA has taken so long to respond. Trump has been in 4-5 towns campaigning while these people are homeless. That isn’t a Democrat or repulblican issue, that’s a government breakdown.
It seems to me they've done a good job, they're crawling all over the place, what more do you want? By the way, as far as them finding more bodies goes, i saw a report today that every home/pile of rubble has now been searched in mexico city, they said they will keep looking but it's not likely they'll find a lot of bodies.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Well said, couldn't agree more! Worst President ever.

Under the Trump regime America no longer cares about morality and human rights through out the world.

Merlin's and Railbird's mentor's.