I am going VEGETARIAN from 3/15 till 4/15

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: I am going VEGETARIAN from 3/15 till 4/15

BTW, Original Frito's and bean dip for lunch.

Dante, good to see ya around and thanks. I get most of my winter exercise via sex.

Dante

EOG Veteran

BTW, Original Frito's and bean dip for lunch.

Dante, good to see ya around and thanks. I get most of my winter exercise via sex.

I figured that my friend...I was just suggesting an alternative :cocktail

The General

For the new readers, I don't just F*** em', I make love to em'. I werk.

The General

I had some vegetarian canned vegetable soup for lunch and will have some veggie lo mein for dinner I think. So far so easy.

I am going to try and this should lead to weight loss and work right into our spring/summer workout thinking/plans. (The Cook and I). I want to give a really hard try one more time to get as fit as I can before I turn 40 next January. Anyone here a Veggietarian? Any thoughts or ideas before I start? I am only committing to 30 days, but I may find salad and soy and fruit to be the best for me.

Thanks

Going vegetarian will lead you to weight loss but not fat loss. You will equally lose muscle with the fat by eating veggies. You need to eat meat to maintain the protein levels in your muscles so you won't lose any strength. Is losing weight more important to you than feeling healthy?

I weigh 225 lbs and I'm 6'-2" but I'm not fat. Just muscular.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

HOW the fuk can you do this ncaa time? bol and all but id of waited tll after its over jues christ ill be slamen frozen pizza come thursday afternoon.

The Devil

EOG Master

KEEP GOING PETE......YOU ARE DOING WELL......

I JUST LIT THE BBQ AND IF YOU WANT TO COME OVER FOR A FEW BURGERS, BE MY GUEST......................

YUMMMMMMYYYY........

BigBollocks

EOG Member

I couldn't do it for 30 hours, but wish you luck General. I think this will one of those things that once you survive the first ten days, the last twenty should come substantially easier :cheers

The General

Going with Tomato soup and crackers for dinner instead.

Maybe some bean burritos from Taco Bell later in the week.

If you must try an exreme diet for weight loss, why not go to the other end of the spectrum. Go with ONLY meat, and of course eggs, cheese, etc.

You will see much better weight loss (and fat loss) through a higher protein diet than one devoid of any. There are a lot of recent studies supporting the lower carb stuff out there.

The General

Nothing I am doing here is extreme by any measure. But I have lost 6 pounds in the last week.

lefty402

EOG Member

Good luck general !! cleanse that blood,,,and the weight will fall off you,,I bet you shake off 30 lbs if you can do it for the month..

Nothing I am doing here is extreme by any measure. But I have lost 6 pounds in the last week.

I certainly don't mean extreme to your body, but extreme to the norm. An Atkins type diet or a veggie diet, by definition, are both "extreme" and out of the norm. I'm not saying either is bad. OK, actualy I am (at least the veggie one anyway). You may be losing weight, but you aren't losing much fat. You'll feel great losing 20 pounds, then you'll look even worse despite that.

The number one rule. Everything works. Number two? Nothing works for long.

Change it up. Find what works for you. And be consistent. And by God, LIFT weights. Forget cardio.

Oh, and don't listen to the idiots here (including me). Find a fitness forum. I could give you many.

Cleanse, lefty? Are you serious? That makes the point above.

The General

Good information and I appreciate it. I'm an ex athlete of soccer, basketball, wrestling, football, track, and The US Marine Corps. I do know a little about the aspects of training the body. I'm not the best example in leadership there, but I can tell you what is the best way to include exercise and diet into your life. This is just a few leading steps in the grand scheme of things for me. 203 is the goal. I may never get there, but I have hope. I really do appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

Ive been a veggie for 20 years. I laugh at people trying to lose weight by following all these stupid diets like Atkins and low carb diets. Losing all animal products is the obvious way. Any knowledgeable doctor will tell you that meat is not beneicial to us. Sure it provides protein. This doesnt outweigh the hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, and all the other toxins that animals produce upon fear of death. You get to stop supporting torture and the destruction of the rain forests in Brazil and elsewhere which are being destroyed to raise cattle for spoiled brats like us Americans. Most guys are too worried about what their friends would think if they stopped eating meat. Oh its for sure a male tough guy complex issue. Many guys think its masculine to eat meat. What a joke these guys are.If you saw what went on in slaughter houses you would not eat meat. Seafood, especially wild salmon, beans, eggs(free range organic), lots of nuts, and you got your protein taken care of. Thats not to mention all the fake meat products that are now tasting better than meat. I love the taste of meat but like the pathetic tobacco industry, Im just not supporting it. Boca products are the best General. Go for the flame grilled Boca burgers and Boca Spicy chicken sandwiches. Also the Boca bratwurst. Unreal. You can also get veggie ground round and make killer tacos. Nice job. Wake up people. And no Im not a passive liberal! Im voting for Mcain.

The General

Ive been a veggie for 20 years. I laugh at people trying to lose weight by following all these stupid diets like Atkins and low carb diets. Losing all animal products is the obvious way. Any knowledgeable doctor will tell you that meat is not beneicial to us. Sure it provides protein. This doesnt outweigh the hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, and all the other toxins that animals produce upon fear of death. You get to stop supporting torture and the destruction of the rain forests in Brazil and elsewhere which are being destroyed to raise cattle for spoiled brats like us Americans. Most guys are too worried about what their friends would think if they stopped eating meat. Oh its for sure a male tough guy complex issue. Many guys think its masculine to eat meat. What a joke these guys are.If you saw what went on in slaughter houses you would not eat meat. Seafood, especially wild salmon, beans, eggs(free range organic), lots of nuts, and you got your protein taken care of. Thats not to mention all the fake meat products that are now tasting better than meat. I love the taste of meat but like the pathetic tobacco industry, Im just not supporting it. Boca products are the best General. Go for the flame grilled Boca burgers and Boca Spicy chicken sandwiches. Also the Boca bratwurst. Unreal. You can also get veggie ground round and make killer tacos. Nice job. Wake up people. And no Im not a passive liberal! Im voting for Mcain.

I guess on this issue/speech you get a standing applause? :+waving-5

Thanks

I guess we all have a few subjects we know a lot about and nutrition is one of mine. Avoid eating lard too if you can. Many mexican shops use it.( Pig fat) Protein is way overrated. Nutritionists figured it out long ago that we were consuming way more than we needed. Vanillla soy milk is a great substitute as well. Heres a great breakfast for you. Go to Costco and get a big bag of frozen berries. Miixed berries if you can so you get mamimum nutrients. Mix the berries with a banana and some soy milk in a blender and you have a delicious smoothie. And tons of energy to start your day!! Let me know how you like it.

Very well spoken. Dead wrong, of course, but it sounds great coming from you. Don't let your political, ethical, and social views of "meat-eaters" cloud your judgement. All recent (INDEPENDANT) studies have been showing the positives of lower carb plans. These type of plans tend to show better muscle retention during weight loss, more strength gains, and better cholesterol improvement.

I do like the low carb plans, so I am biased. But that didn't come until I did all the research and study on the different plans.

Bottom line, there are a lot of plans that will get you there. And most of them will work short term. It is important to take an individualized approach to be sure. That being said, there is an abundance of RECENT research supporting lower carb plans.

If you can say the same about vegetarian plans, I'd love to see it.

Now you are talking about strictly losing weight. Like most short sighted Americans. Im talking about nutrition. This means being healthy. Do you know what that means? You sound like the guy at the gym who thinks hes healthy because he has bug mucsles. Who is more healthy, the guy who swims 50 laps a day and looks trim while eating right or the big muscled weight lifter who eats his daily dose of beef? There is a difference between looking healthy and actually being healthy. Go ahead and lose weight all the while clogging your arteries. The government has its reasons for pushing meat. Just like the tobacco industry. POWER/MONEY:doh1 ! Like I said, we all have our subjects we know a lot about. If you dont understand this then i guess you will keep eating that all american red meat and following the pyramid group diet with your kids. Do you realize that we still teach our kids this in school. Like I said, any real nutritionist will tell you the dangers of animal based diets. Its not all about weight my man.

Now you are talking about strictly losing weight. Like most short sighted Americans. Im talking about nutrition. This means being healthy. Do you know what that means? You sound like the guy at the gym who thinks hes healthy because he has bug mucsles. Who is more healthy, the guy who swims 50 laps a day and looks trim while eating right or the big muscled weight lifter who eats his daily dose of beef? There is a difference between looking healthy and actually being healthy. Go ahead and lose weight all the while clogging your arteries. The government has its reasons for pushing meat. Just like the tobacco industry. POWER/MONEY:doh1 ! Like I said, we all have our subjects we know a lot about. If you dont understand this then i guess you will keep eating that all american red meat and following the pyramid group diet with your kids. Do you realize that we still teach our kids this in school. Like I said, any real nutritionist will tell you the dangers of animal based diets. Its not all about weight my man.

I am hardly talking about WEIGHT loss. I am telling you teh studies show that a lower carb diet is the best approach to FAT LOSS.

As for your nutrition argument, that is why I threw in lowering cholesterol as a perk to a lower carb diet. In the first six months I switched to a healthier lower carb plan, I lowered my overall cholesterol from 215 to about 150. I also improved in every macro.

Real nutritionist? Are you serious? You spout government this and conspiracy that, yet you rely on what a "real" nutritionist says. Gee, maybe we should all follow the food pyramid espoused by the nutritionists of the world. Talk about government money backing the wrong ship. Do a search on how bad that is and what money is behind the findings.

I DO know what I am talking about. I have the best certification you can have, as well as years and years of research and study behind me.

You can believe what you want. There is obviously no way to get you to actually READ the truth. You cry foul if any study is shown to contradict your point of view. That is called stubbornness. Open your eyes. It's ok to admit you are wrong. All you have to do is search - and not even very deeply.

This is my last in this thread. You seem like a person who needs the last word, so you can have it. The ignorant mass following people will probably buy it all too. That's what masses of people do. I'd prefer to follow research.

By the way, here are my exact results from eating the artery clogging diet as you put it. 6 months...

-----------

Of course it is great to lose the weight and drop inches from my body, but I am rather proud of the hard work I’ve done to get HEALTHIER.
I had a complete blood profile done back in January. I wasn’t thrilled with the results. I was hoping to drop my cholesterol, but to be honest, I had some doubts considering the nutrition plan I went on March 1st. Every morning I have two eggs, two servings of bacon and wheat toast with peanut butter. Add in the tons of meat and cheese throughout the day while keeping my carbs low with only fruits and vegetables in addition to the toast, and I wasn’t really sure how those cholesterol levels were going to react.
Score one for Adam Campbell and his low(er) carb nutrition plan.
THESE ARE THE BEFORE NUMBERS:
1/16/07​
  • Total Cholesterol - 215 HIGH (desired range is less than 200)
  • Triglycerides - 167 HIGH (desired range is less than 150)
  • HDL Cholesterol - 47 (desired range is greater than 39)
  • VLDL Cholesterol - 33 HIGH (desired range is less than 30)
  • LDL Cholesterol - 135 HIGH (desired range is less than 130)
THESE ARE THE AFTER NUMBERS:
6/29/07​
  • Total Cholesterol - 151
  • Triglycerides - 81
  • HDL Cholesterol - 47
  • VLDL Cholesterol - 14
  • LDL Cholesterol - 91
As you can see, I am well into the NORMAL range in every category. I have dropped my total cholesterol by 64 points and cut my Triglycerides and VLDL in half! The only category that did not change was the good cholesterol, the HDL, which was already decent to begin with.
I was truly shocked at the results. I expected to improve, but this type of improvement is life-changing. I feel like I just added 10-15 years onto my life.

I was also laughing at the pyramid! I:thumbsup wont waste my time since you are right. Yes, lots of toxic infested red meat is good for you. Just make sure you eat the kind with lots of added hormones and pesticides. And dont forget to eat the cows with the extra steroid injections for that extra health benefit. Afterall, it will make you lose weight. And if you lose any sleep at night because of all the suffering going on at these slaughterhouses, dont mind it, peace of mind is not important to your good well being and health.:doh1

The General

Killing some peanuts today I do feel as if something is strange for lack of a better term.

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

ive been vegan since 1992ish and its a lot easier now than ever.

im sure after 30 days you will feel a bit lightre and have more energy but doubt you lose a lot of weight. i would prob eat more whole grains, nuts and fruits and skip the stuff made with flour.

if you need to know of any good veggie restaurants or health food stores in your are i recommend Vegetarian restaurants guide and directory of natural health food stores by HappyCow

The General

Tonight

Green Giant simply steam seasoned garden vegetable medley, sugar snap peas, roasted potatoes, red peppers & garden herbs.

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

nice
last night my dinner was Orange Ginger smoked tofu with brown rice and a small salad

prob have the leftovers tonight adding some extra veggies

<!--webbot BOT="GeneratedScript" PREVIEW=" " startspan --><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!-- function FrontPage_Form1_Validator(theForm) { if (theForm.your_email.value == "") { alert("Please enter a value for the \"Email\" field."); theForm.your_email.focus(); return (false); } if (theForm.store_location.selectedIndex < 0) { alert("Please select one of the \"Arby's Location\" options."); theForm.store_location.focus(); return (false); } if (theForm.store_location.selectedIndex == 0) { alert("The first \"Arby's Location\" option is not a valid selection. Please choose one of the other options."); theForm.store_location.focus(); return (false); } return (true); } //--></script><!--webbot BOT="GeneratedScript" endspan --><form method="post" action="/cgi-local/coupies-rev2.cgi" onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1">
<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="1" bordercolor="#c0c0c0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="747"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="237"> </td> <td valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Your Email:</td><td> <!--webbot bot="Validation" s-display-name="Email" b-value-required="TRUE" --><input name="your_email" size="25" type="text"> Privacy</td><td width="92"> </td></tr><tr><td align="right">Email Preference:</td><td><input value="html" name="Email_Preference" checked="checked" type="radio">Normal <input value="text" name="Email_Preference" type="radio">Text-only</td><td width="92"> </td></tr><tr> <td rowspan="2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">Arby's<sup>?</sup> Location:</td><td>
<!--webbot bot="Validation" s-display-name="Arby's Location" b-value-required="TRUE" b-disallow-first-item="TRUE" --><select size="1" name="store_location"><option selected="selected">Click Here to Select</option> <option value="ElizabethCity-NC">Elizabeth City, NC</option> <option value="Farmville">Farmville, Virginia</option><option value="Gloucester">Gloucester, Virginia</option> <option value="Timberlake">Lynchburg, Va (Timberlake Rd)</option> <option value="Williamsburg">Williamsburg, Virginia</option> </select>​
</td><td rowspan="2" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" width="92">
</td></tr><tr> <td> <input value="Subscribe" name="B1" type="submit"> Click to join
Coupons are good at our five locations.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" align="right">

By providing my email address, I am granting RestVA, LLC, an Arby?s
? franchisee, permission to send periodic email. I understand there will be an easy way to unsubscribe at any time provided within each email.
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" align="right"><hr align="left" color="#800000" width="95%"></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>​
</form>
Menu / Nutritional Info | Suggestions / Complaints | Survey | Coupons | Contact Us
?Finest Coupons, LLC | Privacy
Arby's Coupons free Arbys Coupon sign up here print roast beef cheddar market fresh milk shake mon

ey saving fun surveys

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

Couple weeks ago KC Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez was interviewed on the NFL Network and he was talking about being a vegetarian. Credits his diet with extending his career. Says he gets up on monday following a game and isn't sore. Can work out monday evening which he could never do before.

Go to a fitness store and buy Whey powder. It's protein that you can add to a smoothie that will give you all the protein you need.

Here is a video of Tony talking about his diet.

YouTube - NFL star Tony Gonzalez

That isn't the whole story with Tony Gonzalez.

To make a quick point, he does regularly take in fish oil, which is not true Vegan. Fish oil is a great supplement by the way, and should be taken every day if you are serious about maximizing health benefits. I think ALL experts agree on that point.

Anyway, back to Tony. He hit camp and had lost weight and strength as a result of his "vegan" plan. The KC nutritionist convinced him to add back in weekly portions of chicken and fish, which he eats regulalry now. Hardly Vegan or even vegetarian. He quickly regained the lost strength by his own admission.

As for actual performance while on his Vegan plan he says this, "It's a misnomer that meat and dairy are essential to both strong muscles and athletic performance. Studies have shown that although a vegan lifestyle may not enhance athletic performance...when done right, it doesn't harm it either." Not exactly a ringing endorsement for an athlete.

The 247 lb. Vegan: Tony Gonzalez

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

That isn't the whole story with Tony Gonzalez.

To make a quick point, he does regularly take in fish oil, which is not true Vegan. Fish oil is a great supplement by the way, and should be taken every day if you are serious about maximizing health benefits. I think ALL experts agree on that point.

Anyway, back to Tony. He hit camp and had lost weight and strength as a result of his "vegan" plan. The KC nutritionist convinced him to add back in weekly portions of chicken and fish, which he eats regulalry now. Hardly Vegan or even vegetarian. He quickly regained the lost strength by his own admission.

As for actual performance while on his Vegan plan he says this, "It's a misnomer that meat and dairy are essential to both strong muscles and athletic performance. Studies have shown that although a vegan lifestyle may not enhance athletic performance...when done right, it doesn't harm it either." Not exactly a ringing endorsement for an athlete.

The 247 lb. Vegan: Tony Gonzalez

Good Point Ace Full.
On the NFL network interview Tony said he ate chicken (skinless) twice a week.

I'm not an expert on health just passing along what I heard.

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

Prince Fielder has given up meat this off season as well. says he is still big but feels more energetic

Kind of like Hybrid cars, Its just the smart the thing to do. The unselfish and caring thing. It wont be more than 50 years before we all drive hybrids(or better) and most are veggies. We cant be stupid sheep forever.

The General

Cucumber, grape tomatoes with romaine lettuce salad

Boca meatless burgers

Beans

Lots of good things with this type eating, IMO.

I used to eat the soy burgers a lot when in manufacturing from the vending machines.

It's Easter weekend.

Time to fill up on those Peep's marshmellow candy chickens.

Good stuff, and no meat!

The General

10th day, The body is def reacting to the change (in a good way I think), but the weight is dropping and the Boca burgers aren't bad.