I think it's time

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Alright gents
Favorite live sporting event you have attended of all time? Game 163 padres vs Rockies and holiday slide in extra innings

Do you like the NL DH and extra innings player starts on 2nd? I hate the extra innings rule, fine with the DH.

Least favorite city or town you've spent too much time in? Boston, MA. For me

Things you'll spend money on regardless of financial situation or normally frugal? My dog gets groomed weekly and spent 40k on vet Bills last 3 years of my old dogs life. Refuse to shop at whole foods because of the prices.

Top 3 albums of all time-
Led zeppelin- Led Zeppelin 2
Kendrick Lamar-Good kid, maad city
Mac Miller-Swimming (weird time in my life)

Worst vice- I drink way too much caffeine and am fully addicted to online shopping. Its non sensical. The amazon algorithm is a death blow every since the shutdown began
What don’t you like about Boston, just curious?

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
What don’t you like about Boston, just curious?
Sun comes out 56 days, worst traffic on a normal day but dont worry theyll have 13 years of construction to make you want to poke your own eyes out, expensive af, ugliest women in america, rude people pass it down by generation, segregated by not only race but ethnicity, heroin epidemic, fist fight capitol of the world I feel like (you get good at that early anywhere on the east coast) everyone is drunk, the t is a shitty excuse for a subway, no middle class neighborhoods left, dunkin donuts galore god forbid you want a salad or something with a vegetable in it.. but hey at least they fry every possible thing and have great sports

kane

EOG master
Love everything about Marcus Smart, very few play the game as hard as he does, love the way he digs in on the defensive end, guy has a heart the size of a watermelon, great teammate, can affect a game without having to score. The beginning of his career he was a terrible shooter, but the last two seasons he's posted the best 3 point shooting percentages of his career, so he's improving his game. He's one of those guys who's stats don't tell the whole story, always on the ground diving for a loose ball. I'll post a video that will tell you all you need to know about him

Bump for Drink, I'm curious as to why you don't think much of my man Marcus

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Sun comes out 56 days, worst traffic on a normal day but dont worry theyll have 13 years of construction to make you want to poke your own eyes out, expensive af, ugliest women in america, rude people pass it down by generation, segregated by not only race but ethnicity, heroin epidemic, fist fight capitol of the world I feel like (you get good at that early anywhere on the east coast) everyone is drunk, the t is a shitty excuse for a subway, no middle class neighborhoods left, dunkin donuts galore god forbid you want a salad or something with a vegetable in it.. but hey at least they fry every possible thing and have great sports

Middle class is really dying in the big cities thanks to jobs leaving and now centrification.

Favorite live sporting event you have attended of all time? Catholics vs Convicts in 1988 closely followed by ND-FSU 1993

Do you like the NL DH and extra innings player starts on 2nd? The rule you left out may have the most influence on a total - the 3 batter minimum for a relief pitcher. I can tolerate the DH, hate the other rules.

Least favorite city or town you've spent too much time in? I haven't traveled much, something I have to do more. Least favorite, probably St Louis. Summer is unbearable both times I went.

Things you'll spend money on regardless of financial situation or normally frugal? Craft beer

Top 3 albums of all time - Def Leppard - High "n' Dry, The Cult - Electric, Metallica - Garage Days EP

Worst vice- Caffeine

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Bump for Drink, I'm curious as to why you don't think much of my man Marcus
Here are my notes for Smart
Top 5 defender for his size and can be used on any 2-4 in the league.
Undeveloped mid range game but runs right to the left top key 75% of the time
Improving 3 point shooter but forgot to develop post moves first
Hard worker but easily triggered and taken out of role when losing on D which is only occasionally.
Top 10 player potential when drafted not top 30 at any point
Low tier 2 high 3 tier player
Brown has higher cieling longterm

Valuist

EOG Master
Alright gents
Favorite live sporting event you have attended of all time? Game 163 padres vs Rockies and holiday slide in extra innings

Do you like the NL DH and extra innings player starts on 2nd? I hate the extra innings rule, fine with the DH.

Least favorite city or town you've spent too much time in? Boston, MA. For me

Things you'll spend money on regardless of financial situation or normally frugal? My dog gets groomed weekly and spent 40k on vet Bills last 3 years of my old dogs life. Refuse to shop at whole foods because of the prices.

Top 3 albums of all time-
Led zeppelin- Led Zeppelin 2
Kendrick Lamar-Good kid, maad city
Mac Miller-Swimming (weird time in my life)

Worst vice- I drink way too much caffeine and am fully addicted to online shopping. Its non sensical. The amazon algorithm is a death blow every since the shutdown began

Two sporting events that I attended stand out. The first was the "Belichek call" game between the Patriots/Colts in 2009 in Indianapolis. Had a friend who's business had a sky box. When Brady and the Pats offense stayed on the field for that 4th and 2, it was deafening. Although Lucas Oil is not quite as loud as the RCA Dome was. One other game stands out, not that the game had any meaning at the time, but more what it symbolized. It was in late July of 2013 between the Cubs and Brewers. This was the last game I attended at Wrigley, but was the Cub debut for Jake Arrieta, who was pretty unknown at the time. I had a friend who's a very good handicapper and when that trade was made, he was raving about Arrieta's upside. I guess the Rizzo trade preceded the Arrieta trade, but without Jake, there's no World Series win in 2016.

Least favorite city? St. Louis. It's a dump. It's hotter than hell in summer, the entire infrastructure is seemingly always under construction, someone tried running me off the road there once, and in terms of violent crime, its a top 3-4 in most dangerous cities in the country. The fact I'm a Cubs fan doesn't even enter into it.

I spend about $60 a month on trading software. During a long term bull market, its not really necessary, but non bull markets, it helps provide clarity, using an algorithm that combines fundamentals and technicals. It also can track 8500 different companies, something I could never do.

Top album: UFO's live "Strangers in the Night"

Worst vice: Ice cream

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Two sporting events that I attended stand out. The first was the "Belichek call" game between the Patriots/Colts in 2009 in Indianapolis. Had a friend who's business had a sky box. When Brady and the Pats offense stayed on the field for that 4th and 2, it was deafening. Although Lucas Oil is not quite as loud as the RCA Dome was. One other game stands out, not that the game had any meaning at the time, but more what it symbolized. It was in late July of 2013 between the Cubs and Brewers. This was the last game I attended at Wrigley, but was the Cub debut for Jake Arrieta, who was pretty unknown at the time. I had a friend who's a very good handicapper and when that trade was made, he was raving about Arrieta's upside. I guess the Rizzo trade preceded the Arrieta trade, but without Jake, there's no World Series win in 2016.

Least favorite city? St. Louis. It's a dump. It's hotter than hell in summer, the entire infrastructure is seemingly always under construction, someone tried running me off the road there once, and in terms of violent crime, its a top 3-4 in most dangerous cities in the country. The fact I'm a Cubs fan doesn't even enter into it.

I spend about $60 a month on trading software. During a long term bull market, its not really necessary, but non bull markets, it helps provide clarity, using an algorithm that combines fundamentals and technicals. It also can track 8500 different companies, something I could never do.

Top album: UFO's live "Strangers in the Night"

Worst vice: Ice cream
That UFO album really should be in my top three, its in the top five for sure, with LZ Physical Graffitti.

Going to the old Busch Stadium and sitting in the football seats in the middle of summer, hell. The drive from Chicago sucks also, absolutely nothing to see once you cross I-80.

kane

EOG master
Here are my notes for Smart
Top 5 defender for his size and can be used on any 2-4 in the league.
Undeveloped mid range game but runs right to the left top key 75% of the time
Improving 3 point shooter but forgot to develop post moves first
Hard worker but easily triggered and taken out of role when losing on D which is only occasionally.
Top 10 player potential when drafted not top 30 at any point
Low tier 2 high 3 tier player
Brown has higher cieling longterm

Drink, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall you calling Pat Beverly a star. If I'm remembering right, how could Pat Bev be a star but Smart be a low tier 2 high tier 3, their games are very similar, neither one will light up the scoreboard, they both play tough nosed in your face defense, and neither one is in the league due to their shooting. I'll admit I'm biased when it comes to Smart, but I really think you're undervaluing him

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
ive got belien 3rd, its a shame he got stuck with a terrible landing spot. put him on clippers where players are obedient and not punks he would do very well

Birdies troll game is top 5 of all time with this statement alone. Yeah I'm sure Beilien was going to PG, Kawhi, Harrell and Morris and be like ok guys I want 3 passes per possession and we are going to practice trap d situations every other day.. he was awfu.
He got a huge payday in the end and that's what he wanted. It was a rebuild until we get someone bigger hire

Valuist

EOG Master
That UFO album really should be in my top three, its in the top five for sure, with LZ Physical Graffitti.

Going to the old Busch Stadium and sitting in the football seats in the middle of summer, hell. The drive from Chicago sucks also, absolutely nothing to see once you cross I-80.

There's a poster on a site down the street who goes under "Rock Bottom". That wouldn't happen to be someone you know quite well, could it?

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Drink, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall you calling Pat Beverly a star. If I'm remembering right, how could Pat Bev be a star but Smart be a low tier 2 high tier 3, their games are very similar, neither one will light up the scoreboard, they both play tough nosed in your face defense, and neither one is in the league due to their shooting. I'll admit I'm biased when it comes to Smart, but I really think you're undervaluing him

No never said Beverly a star besides when facing Lakers because he can guard 1-3 and not foul when caught out of position. Beverly has the best body control of any defender in the nba including smart. Guy is sick. I'd take smart over beverly because he can guard a 4. Look how often rivers takes beverly out when he needs points for Lou.
You're trying to give me Smart a top 15 player? I cant get with it. I have him Lowe tier 2 top 30-35. I think that's fair.
In other words. Do you think Smart is worth 2 points to the line?

kane

EOG master
No never said Beverly a star besides when facing Lakers because he can guard 1-3 and not foul when caught out of position. Beverly has the best body control of any defender in the nba including smart. Guy is sick. I'd take smart over beverly because he can guard a 4. Look how often rivers takes beverly out when he needs points for Lou.
You're trying to give me Smart a top 15 player? I cant get with it

Whoa, I never said anything about him being a top 15 player, not even close, a top 15 player defensively absolutely, but not top 15 overall. I just think he brings something to the game that a lot of players don't, he's a throwback, he would have loved playing in the eighties and nineties when the league was much more physical. In that clip I posted you can see how he was able to get into Harden's head at the very end of the game, he draws two charges in the final seconds to help his team win, not many guys can do that, he's a great locker room guy, popular with his teammates, doesn't need the ball in his hands to be an effective player, does all the little things, the dirty work, and doesn't back down from anyone. Maybe I overrate him a little since he's my guy, but I'll take him on my team any day, appreciate you responding with your thoughts

kane

EOG master
I've got two live sporting events that stand out above the rest.

1988 Championship game between Miami and Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl, the Canes won a close game to win the National Championship

1997 WS between the Marlins and Indians, I was there for game 7 in Miami along with 70 plus thousand fans, when the Marlins won the game in extra innings it felt like an out of body experience, have not had a feeling like that before or since. How many guys can say they saw their team win a game 7 of the WS live

favorite album/CD: Boston's first album, self titled Boston

biggest vice: chocolate pudding, could eat the stuff by the gallon

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
My reference to the Belichek call game reminds me that its been 10 years since Peyton Manning played a game for the Colts. Seems hard to believe.

After the 2012 draft, I made a bet with a good friend, who would do better in the 2012 Rookie of the Year: I took RG3, he had Andrew Luck. I didn't doubt Luck figured to have a better career, but I thought RGIII was more ready right out of the box. RG3 was fantastic in 2012, but once he blew out the knee, he was a shell of what he was. My friend ended up paying for dinner for my wife and I, along with he and his wife at Bob Chinn's not far from O'Hare. As for Luck and RG3, who ever figured one would still be active in 2019 and that would be RG3?

Last edited:
I’m curious how many of you remember my favorite game I attended

In 1996 Nebraska was coming off back to back national championships and were on a 26 game winning streak. The Huskers hung 77 points on ASU in Lincoln the season prior. The Devils defense played out of their minds going Mach 2 on every play that night at Sun Devil Stadium shutting out Nebraska 19-0. The crowd tore down the goal posts and carried them down Mill Avenue blocks away from the stadium. The bars that night were absolutely insane.

Valuist

EOG Master
I've got two live sporting events that stand out about the rest.

1988 Championship game between Miami and Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl, the Canes won a close game to win the National Championship

1997 WS between the Marlins and Indians, I was there for game 7 in Miami along with 70 plus thousand fans, when the Marlins won the game in extra innings it felt like an out of body experience, have not had a feeling like that before or since. How many guys can say they saw their team win a game 7 of the WS live

favorite album/CD: Boston's first album, self titled Boston

biggest vice: chocolate pudding, could eat the stuff by the gallon

That first Boston album was great. I think a number of bands first albums are their best. There's no pressure; they could be writing songs for years, sandbagging them for when they finally get a record deal. But after the first album is a success, now comes expectations and pressure, not to mention time limits to get a second album done. OK, in Boston's case, they never were in a hurry to get their next record out.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I’m curious how many of you remember my favorite game I attended

In 1996 Nebraska was coming off back to back national championships and were on a 26 game winning streak. The Huskers hung 77 points on ASU in Lincoln the season prior. The Devils defense played out of their minds going Mach 2 on every play that night at Sun Devil Stadium shutting out Nebraska 19-0. The crowd tore down the goal posts and carried them down Mill Avenue blocks away from the stadium. The bars that night were absolutely insane.
I remember the game.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Funny FW and Valuist mention St. Louis as the worst city.

One summer when I was in college, I went on a road trip there with one of my friends to pick up some parts for a 50's International truck. We stayed at what was supposed to be a nice hotel by the airport (don’t remember the name offhand). There was some issue at the front desk with getting the key cards and it took us almost an hour of standing around before they gave them to us. We walk up to the rooms and there's a couple screaming at one of the hotel employees there and calling the police. As we walk past them, they say, "Don't stay here. We just had all of our jewelry stolen." I walk into my room and immediately need to take a piss. But there's a giant log floating in the toilet. I go to my friend's room, take a piss, and we went downstairs, turned in the keys and got the fuck out of there.

The worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Funny FW and Valuist mention St. Louis as the worst city.

One summer when I was in college, I went on a road trip there with one of my friends to pick up some parts for a 50's International truck. We stayed at what was supposed to be a nice hotel by the airport (don’t remember the name offhand). There was some issue at the front desk with getting the key cards and it took us almost an hour of standing around before they gave them to us. We walk up to the rooms and there's a couple screaming at one of the hotel employees there and calling the police. As we walk past them, they say, "Don't stay here. We just had all of our jewelry stolen." I walk into my room and immediately need to take a piss. But there's a giant log floating in the toilet. I go to my friend's room, take a piss, and we went downstairs, turned in the keys and got the fuck out of there.

The worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.
The riverfront was pretty nice, not sure you wanted to venture away from it. I had a cousin who just moved from suburban Florissant last year, didn't like the area at all.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
One of my friends in Vegas lived there for years. He seemed to like the city though.

I guess they have some special pizza crust there that he loves.

Man so many sporting events to choose from, but I have been lucky in that regard. Seen a title awarded in all 4 major sports, but nothing matches the spirit of European soccer so I'll go with seeing Atlético Madrid beating Barcelona in Champions League in 2016. When Atleti went up in aggregate the old Calderón was shaking like nothing you can imagine. Absolute delirium is about as best as I can put it. You all don't even need to like soccer much to enjoy a match played at the highest level in England or Spain, but to see an underdog squad beat a big rival and perhaps the world's most popular club, well you just had to be there.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Man so many sporting events to choose from, but I have been lucky in that regard. Seen a title awarded in all 4 major sports, but nothing matches the spirit of European soccer so I'll go with seeing Atlético Madrid beating Barcelona in Champions League in 2016. When Atleti went up in aggregate the old Calderón was shaking like nothing you can imagine. Absolute delirium is about as best as I can put it. You all don't even need to like soccer much to enjoy a match played at the highest level in England or Spain, but to see an underdog squad beat a big rival and perhaps the world's most popular club, well you just had to be there.
Was that the semis?

kane

EOG master
I forgot, Fucking hate the DH, Fucking hate putting a runner on second, and Fucking hate Rob Manfred

I forgot, Fucking hate the DH, Fucking hate putting a runner on second, and Fucking hate Rob Manfred

Agree with you on the second two entirely disagree with your first

LOVE the DH. I'd rather see a guy like Big Papi hit light tower bombs instead of laying down a bitch ass sacrifice bunt.

kane

EOG master
Agree with you on the second two entirely disagree with your first

LOVE the DH. I'd rather see a guy like Big Papi hit light tower bombs instead of laying down a bitch ass sacrifice bunt.

So that's three things we disagree on, in addition to LeBron and Peyton Manning. I know the game has changed since I was a kid, but I grew up on National League Baseball, Before the Marlins existed I used to watch the Mets on WOR and the Cubs on WGN, I've always enjoyed the way the game was played in the NL, I think there's more strategy involved in the NL, I've hated the DH my whole life, but I always knew this day was coming, didn't know when, but I knew it would happen eventually

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Whoa, I never said anything about him being a top 15 player, not even close, a top 15 player defensively absolutely, but not top 15 overall. I just think he brings something to the game that a lot of players don't, he's a throwback, he would have loved playing in the eighties and nineties when the league was much more physical. In that clip I posted you can see how he was able to get into Harden's head at the very end of the game, he draws two charges in the final seconds to help his team win, not many guys can do that, he's a great locker room guy, popular with his teammates, doesn't need the ball in his hands to be an effective player, does all the little things, the dirty work, and doesn't back down from anyone. Maybe I overrate him a little since he's my guy, but I'll take him on my team any day, appreciate you responding with your thoughts

A bottom tier 2 makes him 30-35. Tier 1 Is top 15. I only do 6 tiers, top 100.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
My reference to the Belichek call game reminds me that its been 10 years since Peyton Manning played a game for the Colts. Seems hard to believe.

After the 2012 draft, I made a bet with a good friend, who would do better in the 2012 Rookie of the Year: I took RG3, he had Andrew Luck. I didn't doubt Luck figured to have a better career, but I thought RGIII was more ready right out of the box. RG3 was fantastic in 2012, but once he blew out the knee, he was a shell of what he was. My friend ended up paying for dinner for my wife and I, along with he and his wife at Bob Chinn's not far from O'Hare. As for Luck and RG3, who ever figured one would still be active in 2019 and that would be RG3?
No man on earth changed my life more than RG3 and probably Dink but if I hadnt read a article about Briles on a Tuesday and Rg3 the very next day.. I'm probably a janitor the next 5 years, not kidding.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
No man on earth changed my life more than RG3 and probably Dink but if I hadnt read a article about Briles on a Tuesday and Rg3 the very next day.. I'm probably a janitor the next 5 years, not kidding.
I was a super big RG3 guy. Will never know now but I think there is a shot we were right on that one and got fucked by the knee though you can make the case this was more likely to happen to him being the type of qb he was.

railbird

EOG Master
the best little leauge games are the so cal regionals to get to sanbernadino. gibson not in top 5 actually. id put Connors vs krickstein in 1991 us open up there. sinjin and randy vs hovland-dodd manhattan beach volleyball 1986 up there. vanhorn back to back buzzer beaters at Thomas mack in semis and finals of wac basketball tourney up there. pat tillman rosebowl vs buckeyes another good one