I think it's time

justintalk

EOG Veteran
This is a great thread drink just my 2 cents I went to a lot of concerts back in the day 70/80.I saw led zep several times at msg 73-75 and they killed my ears would be ringing 2 days after the concert.MSG was a giant cloud of smoke and even if you didnt smoke pot you got stoned on second hand smoke.Weed and rock and roll the perfect marriage.

justintalk

EOG Veteran
One of my favorite concerts was seeing the allman brothers in jersey 1973.Dickey betts top 5 greatest guitar players of all time.

Valuist

EOG Master
Worst concert experience? Tom Petty & Heartbreakers at Summerfest in Milwaukee. Wasn't Petty's fault. It was an outdoor show and it started pouring. Waited for about 45 minutes in parking lot, heard the forecast for at least another hour of rain, and then we left.

Second would be a Queensryche show in San Jose. Again, not the band's fault but the crowd had to wait outside for 2.5 hours because somebody in the club's management messed up. Granted San Jose in January isn't Chicago-cold but nobody was anticipating waiting 150 minutes outside in 40 degree weather. Did stick around for that show. Ears rang for next week....and that was with ear plugs.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Funny I started visiting Denver to see the Broncos, loved the city and area so much I decided to get a condo in the area and then later moved in full time. I do have to admit the coverage of them is pretty ridiculous, all the radio stations, nightly TV shows even in the offseason, practically every player getting some sort of promotional money from local businesses, etc.

That reminds me of the Browns in Cleveland. Moved there a year and a half ago. Indians still with a solid team. Cavs were less than 3 years removed from a title
Yet what team was featured in a weekly show in Feb and March of last year? It was the over-hyped Brownies.

Valuist

EOG Master
Age- Classified but old enough to have bet on Super Bowl 4 and cleaned up on it against my schoolmates, and had free pizza for months
Location- Brooklyn
Favorite TV show of all time- Star Trek all iterations
Favorite Current TV show- AEW Wrestling, Manifest when it's on
Favorite Mindless TV show- AEW Wrestling
Favorite band of all time- The Cars
Favorite Current musical artist- None Do Much for me.
Favorite sport- NFL in a Landslide
Favorite U.S. city- Las Vegas
Favorite international city- Toronto
Most despised person currently- Current POTUS
Pets- None, but absolutely Love Dogs, and they usually love me. Dogs are very perceptive creatures.
Favorite meal- Surf and Turf, Lobster tails and Filet Mignon with Baked Potato
Least favorite side or meal- Chopped Liver
What have I done during quarantine- Got sick for 10 days, went to a protest, otherwise not much different
Favorite teams- CHIEFS
Favorite player of all time- Bobby Bell, But Mahomes coming up fast on the Far Outside. Non Chief Chad Ocho
Health or mental health issues- Hypocrisy and Hypocritical Behavior drive me crazier than it should
Marital status- Single except when I'm not
Religion- Culturally Jewish but a bit of Agnostic also

Guesser,

How does a Brooklyn guy become a lifelong Chiefs fan? Did the Jets drive you to it, or is Brooklyn Giants' territory?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Guesser,

How does a Brooklyn guy become a lifelong Chiefs fan? Did the Jets drive you to it, or is Brooklyn Giants' territory?
I'd say Brooklyn is more Jet than Giant territory, but that's just a guess.

For me, it was mainly Strat O Matic Football. I was an AFL fan, but not a Jet Fan. Probably more of a Pat fan than anything early on, because I liked the guy hiking the ball on their helmet, but really no loyalty. I think the first game I went to as a little kid was a Jet- Boston game so that might have had something to do with it. When the Chiefs played in the 1st Superbowl, I started to follow them, as much as a Brooklyn kid could follow an out of town team back then. My Friends and I started playing Strat O Football, and we all chose an AFL and an NFL team. I chose the Chiefs and Vikings. I became really familiar with the Chiefs. My best friend in School was a Raider fan, so we'd go back and forth, and it just built my loyalty even more. Winning the last AFL Superbowl probably made it permanent, and I've never let go, through the mostly lows, and few highs. Over the years, I've found surprisingly many Chief fans in the NYC area.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Best Concert: I wont count the numerous times I've seen Boston since they're my favorite band, so I'll go with Springsteen and REM

Have you ever seen the movie "Blinded by the Light"? If not it's a must see, especially for Bruce fans.

skinny

EOG Addicted
Neil Young wrote two songs, southern man and Alabama.
Skynyrd' response was sweet home Alabama.
Heard they had mended fence's when they played farm aid together years later.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
A few years ago I saw a few No Doubt shows that were very very entertaining. I'm surprised no one mentioned the Rolling Stones.
And Going back in time I regret not seeing the original Jefferson Airplane when I had the chance.
My worst concert was Jeff Beck in Atlantic City -who normally put on good shows - This outdoor show started about an hour late- he played 3 songs that took about 10 minutes- said "Thank you everyone Good Night" ! and ran off the stage.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
A few years ago I saw a few No Doubt shows that were very very entertaining. I'm surprised no one mentioned the Rolling Stones.
And Going back in time I regret not seeing the original Jefferson Airplane when I had the chance.
My worst concert was Jeff Beck in Atlantic City -who normally put on good shows - This outdoor show started about an hour late- he played 3 songs that took about 10 minutes- said "Thank you everyone Good Night" ! and ran off the stage.
I’ve seen the Stones - basically the same act for 40 years now. The same goes for AC/DC - same songs, same gimmicks.

justintalk

EOG Veteran
Crosby stills nash and young 4 way street album one of the all time greats.Southern man top 5 all time songs stills and young machine gun guitars.
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT4vDQeI0pA

Southern man, better keep your head.
Don't forget what your good book said.
Southern change gonna come at last.
Now your crosses are burning fast.

Southern man.

I saw cotton and I saw black.
Tall white mansions and little shacks.
Southern man, when will you pay them back?

I heard screamin' and bullwhips cracking.
How long? How long?

Southern man.

Lily Belle, your hair is golden brown.
I've seen your black man comin' round.
Swear by God, I'm gonna cut him down!

How long? How long?

Don Quixote

EOG Enthusiast
"Does bring up two new questions though.
Best concert you've attended?
Worst concert experience you've had?"

Went to a very fun ZZ Top concert a grip load of years ago sit'n way up~front & to the left in front of some big~ass speakers...came walking out
with my left ear ring'n {not due to drugs} and a year later, I started to notice a little hearing loss.
Dang

Don't quite need a hearing aid now, but it's noticeable. It sorta sucks cause I consider myself an audiofile kind of guy.

Definitely "another learning experience".

skinny

EOG Addicted
Crosby stills nash and young 4 way street album one of the all time greats.Southern man top 5 all time songs stills and young machine gun guitars.
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT4vDQeI0pA

Southern man.

I saw cotton and I saw black.
Tall white mansions and little shacks.
Southern man, when will you pay them back?

How long? How long?

Southern man.

Lily Belle, your hair is golden brown.
I've seen your black man comin' round.
Swear by God, I'm gonna cut him down!

How long? How long?
He wrote southern man , Alabama and then wrote the song Ohio right after the Kent st shootings in 1970.
Wouldn't be surprised if he wrote something this year with all the stuff going on today.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Grace Slick. 1967

1593575121510.png

justintalk

EOG Veteran
Jimi hendrix once said that terry kath was a better guitar player then hendrix.Now i'm sure 95 percent of you guys never heard of kath.He was in the most underrated greatest bands of all time still going strong after 50 years.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Jimi hendrix once said that terry kath was a better guitar player then hendrix.Now i'm sure 95 percent of you guys never heard of kath.He was in the most underrated greatest bands of all time still going strong after 50 years.

great, great, great band

all sort of talent, loaded

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Couple great concerts in Carbondale, Illinois during the early 70s for me....

Doobie Brothers and Chicago....

Didn’t hurt that the drinking age was 18....

Rockfish

EOG Addicted

Carbondale home of Southern Illinois university. That was a giant party school back in the seventies.
Carbondale also close to the DuQuoin State Fair which then held the great trotting race the Hambletonian in August each year until they moved it to the meadowlands around 1980.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Southern Illinois University also produced Walt Frazier (basketball). Jim Hart (football), Dave Stieb (baseball) and Randy "Macho Man" Savage (professional wrestling).

Oh yeah!

justintalk

EOG Veteran

How can you not love a band called the doobie brothers? Some guys liked to drink but in my neighborhood we smoked weed.Weed and rock and roll a perfect marriage.
The debut album by chicago was one of the best first albums of all time.

justintalk

EOG Veteran
Billy you have great taste. I have seen chicago many times once at the stardust another killer show and they are all great guys.After the show as we were walking out the band waited at the door to shake hands with the fans.Of course 10 minutes later they were all at the crap table.Im the man was actually written by the legendary stevey winwood.