I'm shocked Ottavino threw that slider in the zone to Baez 0-2

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
He would have swung at anything in that situation based on past history....shocking to leave that anywhere near the plate

Heim

EOG Master
Once they got a runner in scoring position it was Wade Davis time....not after the fact.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Bryant looked like he might be coming around but got hit in the wrist about a week ago and his now swinging the bat like Lester

blueline

EOG Master
Bryant looked lost....even when they were semi-intentionally walking him he struck out...Schwarber swinging at that 2-0 pitch turned that atbat upside down...offense has too many issues ...on to the Bears

kane

EOG master
He would have swung at anything in that situation based on past history....shocking to leave that anywhere near the plate

100% agree with you, all Ottavino had to do with an 0-2 count was throw 3 fastballs just off the outside corner and guaranteed Baez eventually chases one and strikes out, throwing a slider in that spot made no sense to me

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
We also need to ask Gore - WTF YOU DOING MAN!
A-Rod so brilliantly pointed out Gore needed to take the 3-2 pitch in B13. If it was a Strike not like he was gonna be able to hit it anyway. He swung at Ball 4. If he walks a few pitches later he is on 2nd base with no outs and a decent chance to tie the game. Instead he swung at a pitch he had no chance of hitting
DUMB

Valuist

EOG Master
We also need to ask Gore - WTF YOU DOING MAN!
A-Rod so brilliantly pointed out Gore needed to take the 3-2 pitch in B13. If it was a Strike not like he was gonna be able to hit it anyway. He swung at Ball 4. If he walks a few pitches later he is on 2nd base with no outs and a decent chance to tie the game. Instead he swung at a pitch he had no chance of hitting
DUMB

I don't blame Gore. Blame Maddon. He put Gore in position to fail. Maddon was so busy patting himself on the back after Gore's steal and run score that he forgot he was hamstrung for the rest of the game with his best hitter replaced by a designated runner with one career hit.