Is Jeremy Lin untradeable?

Integrity

EOG Master
Say Phoenix offered up Nash for Lin and whatever made cap space work, NY couldn't really deal this guy, can they?

Re: Is Jeremy Lin untradeable?

Say Phoenix offered up Nash for Lin and whatever made cap space work, NY couldn't really deal this guy, can they?

Given that all those Madison Square Garden seats that they've been selling will go unsold, no, he'll be staying in NY. AND, they are now selling feeds to half the Chinese affiliates in Chink-land...why would they? Besides they're only paying him, what? $800K?

tripp

EOG Master

No way you deal him for Nash. Nash is better than Lin, but he's also old. Knicks aren't contenders vs Heat/Bulls even with Nash, so pointless to give up a cheap option that's young and will bring in money (although Nash would bring in plenty of money himself).

I would trade him if I thought i could get a better player for now and longterm though. People are getting too crazy over 5 games or so. Guy still has tons to work on. Turns it over at an astounding rate, not a great jump shooter, needs to improve defensively. I want to see him vs top tier teams and PG's before i make any final conclusions about his ability.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

Nash is way better then Lin he shoots better and has a better understand of the game

Lin makes a lot of great plays but he also makes a lot of dump mistakes when he dribbles around the guys and losses the ball a lot i know hes trying to make plays but usually those plays he is trying to show off with those crazy passes sometimes it works and sometimes it will drive the coach crazy , i would say he needs to work on his shot the most because thats his weakest thing, he misses a lot of Free throws that should be his biggest concern

since he is driving so much and gets fouled hard all the time he needs to shoot like Steve Nash
and get involved in shooting the 3 more often

railbird

EOG Master

at Palo Alto hs Lin beat 5 D1 bound Mater Dei kids with a 30 foot bank at the buzzer to win the California state title in 2006, Lin wasnt good enough then either. No D1 scholarships, UCLA said he could be a preferred walk on. Stanford coach Trent Johnson lied to him and said only 1 scholarship was available. Mater Dei coach Gary Mcknight called Lins game winner a lucky answered prayer and wanted to play him best of 7.

Integrity

EOG Master

No way you deal him for Nash. Nash is better than Lin, but he's also old. Knicks aren't contenders vs Heat/Bulls even with Nash, so pointless to give up a cheap option that's young and will bring in money (although Nash would bring in plenty of money himself).

I would trade him if I thought i could get a better player for now and longterm though. People are getting too crazy over 5 games or so. Guy still has tons to work on. Turns it over at an astounding rate, not a great jump shooter, needs to improve defensively. I want to see him vs top tier teams and PG's before i make any final conclusions about his ability.

he already faced deron...

the reason why i said nash/lin because of the long standing rumors of nash to reunite with d'antoni.

and phx aint going anywhere so they could use someone like lin to energize the franchise

tripp

EOG Master

at Palo Alto hs Lin beat 5 D1 bound Mater Dei kids with a 30 foot bank at the buzzer to win the California state title in 2006, Lin wasnt good enough then either. No D1 scholarships, UCLA said he could be a preferred walk on. Stanford coach Trent Johnson lied to him and said only 1 scholarship was available. Mater Dei coach Gary Mcknight called Lins game winner a lucky answered prayer and wanted to play him best of 7.

Well if it was a 30 foot bank shot then he is 100% right. How would that not be a lucky prayer shot?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Nash is too old, but I hope we can all stop comparing Lin to Nash right now. Nash is a 2 time MVP, and a HOF'er, and Lin can't stop turning it over. Lin is good, but Nash is a GREAT player who never turns it over. Let's all relax now.

JCROM777

EOG Addicted

Nash is at the end of the line. Lin will be around for many years to come.
:pop:

joeblow

EOG Addicted

To answer your question...yes right now he is untradeable.Because the fans love him and he just might to the next Nash.
The knicks would never take that chance..paying him $188,000 make it even harder.:pop:

Integrity

EOG Master

As a Suns fan, I'd love to see Nash go somewhere that he can win and we get a good young dude with energy. Won't happen though.

And I agree with Timely, Lin = next Nash is getting too overhyped. Gotta cut those TOs down.

mofome

Banned

Lin isnt even an above average pg. that system is made for him and for everyone to put up stats. Fun story - but hes no elite player. Or close.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

The Knicks are 8-1 with him and 8-15 without him which suggests that at this point he should merit MVP consideration if the team were to continue winning at a 75 or 80% clip with him in the lineup. Un f%#*&n tradeable.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The Knicks are 8-1 with him and 8-15 without him which suggests that at this point he should merit MVP consideration if the team were to continue winning at a 75 or 80% clip with him in the lineup. Un f%#*&n tradeable.

I was waiting for the first idiotic post like this. You're the winner of least knowledgeable basketball mind at EOG, congratulations.

biggamer3

EOG Master

As a Magic fan, god I effing hope not. That would turn Orlando into a lottery team for the next five years.
Weinke, dont think that trade helps either team since Knicks would still have Chandler, but what exactly are you hoping as a Magics fan?

If he leaves you guys, you guys are getting a shitty pick this year, no assets at all, so its a huge rebuilding project. At this point, the only trade that will really help you guys is Bynum but even he is something of an issue with his health and his pending FA as well (after next season he is a FA)

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

I was waiting for the first idiotic post like this. You're the winner of least knowledgeable basketball mind at EOG, congratulations.
Sticks and stones and all that shit. I measure value on the basis of the change in over all team performance. Period.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Weinke, dont think that trade helps either team since Knicks would still have Chandler, but what exactly are you hoping as a Magics fan?

If he leaves you guys, you guys are getting a shitty pick this year, no assets at all, so its a huge rebuilding project. At this point, the only trade that will really help you guys is Bynum but even he is something of an issue with his health and his pending FA as well (after next season he is a FA)

I know people will say I'm crazy, but I think there's still a reasonable chance Dwight returns. The Magic can offer him way more than any other team will be able to.

If they are able to re-sign him, amnesty Turk's contract, and then get Nash for a one or two year deal then the Magic will have a chance at a title in 2013 assuming Nash still has something in the tank (which I think he does). Nash with Dwight and all those shooters (Richardson, Reddick, Anderson, etc.) WOULD be a very dangerous team, even though I'm sure some here will disagree.

If Dwight demands a trade, best case for Orlando is Dwight + Turk for Griffin and Jordan from the Clippers.

The one thing the Magic are lucky enough to have is an owner that's very wealthy and very old, so he's willing to spend his money chasing a championship. Combine the new CBA rules with Florida's tax laws with Rich DeVos' money (the owner) and Orlando is sitting a lot better with Dwight than say Cleveland was with Lebron.

Integrity

EOG Master

Orlando is playing some very dangerous poker... but they may be wise to call his bluff

I think he wants to return, a lot, but wants his time in the spotlight like Lebron had, and wants Orlando to try and compete every year

tripp

EOG Master

no chance clippers deal griffin so u can forget that option weinke.

i think like gamer said their best option is to deal him to the lakers for bynum. i dont think they get him back in free agency so much better to get something for him while they can.

Going to an aging Lakers team for 1 year is fine but I doubt any team gives up a significant haul without an extension in place. Lakers are a graveyard hes better off in Orl

tripp

EOG Master

well lakers are one of the few teams he will accept a trade to.

he wants to go to either LAL, New Jersey, or Dallas

Integrity

EOG Master

Dal may end sitting pretty if they sit tight and let both Deron/Dwight come to them in the offseason