"Jack" on the Toronto Raptors TV broadcasts!

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Man, that guy has a motor! I like his stuff - he doesn't pull any punches.

Today, he was ranting on the Lakers making big faces after every foul call.

It was something like the Lakers and Heat whine every foul call! Hey, just shutup and play!!!

tripp

EOG Master
Re: "Jack" on the Toronto Raptors TV broadcasts!

He didn't hesitate to chirp the Celtics for trying to intimidate and bully around the Raptors friday either. Always fun to listen to

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Currently in his 11th year in the broadcast industry, Jack "The Coach" Armstrong joined TSN for the start of the 2008 NBA season as a game analyst for President's Choice Raptors Basketball broadcasts.
During the NBA season, Armstrong joins Toronto Raptors play-by-play announcer Matt Devlin courtside as a game analyst for all Raptors broadcasts on TSN and TSN2. Throughout the NBA season, Armstrong is featured in regular segments on SportsCentre as the network's NBA analyst and also writes a weekly NBA blog for TSN.ca.
Armstrong's vast knowledge and passion is well known - and respected - throughout the basketball world. Armstrong has spent his entire broadcast career focusing on the Toronto Raptors on television and on the radio. Over the course of his 10+ years in broadcasting, Armstrong has become one of the most recognizable faces - and voices - in Canadian sports.
Armstrong began coaching high school basketball when he was 19-years-old, and soon moved on to college ball where he spent 14 years an NCAA Division I coach. His collegiate career began as an assistant coach at Fordham University where he served for four years before moving to Niagara University. At Niagara, Armstrong was an assistant coach for one season before being named head coach in 1989. Armstrong was the youngest coach in NCAA Division I basketball at the time and his appointment at just 26 years of age makes him one of the youngest Division I coaches ever. In 1993 he was named the MAAC and New York State Division I Head Coach of the Year. Armstrong remained the head coach at Niagara for nine years before making the switch to broadcasting.
A native of Brooklyn, NY, Armstrong has a Masters in Communications from Fordham University.

From the TSN website

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for the Bio JK. You know with the Direct TV you can choose either the home team's announcers or the visitors. I more or less gravitate to certain ones. Like in baseball - Krukow and Kuiper for the Giants.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Kings, Clippers, Warriors are also favorites of mine. Who do you like?