Jameis Winston

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
Had a 4.0 GPA in high school and had amongst others a scholorship offer to Stanford.

haters can go fuck themselves

Tto827

EOG Dedicated
Re: Jameis Winston

Well that right there shows you what's wrong with the US education system, kid speaks Ebonics and somehow got a 4.0?

Maybe weighted, but there is no way he got an A in 3+ English classes, just no fucking way.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

there are studies that show that how you speak is not an indication of how smart you are

Winston comes from dumblefuck Alabama, got a scolie offer from Stanford, won a Heisman and a National Championship as a redshirt freshman, will be a #1 overall NFL pick...and make millions of dollars

maybe couch potatoes need to work on their own life before throwing eggs at him?????

Tyrone

EOG Veteran

Huh, then how come he cant talk?

Two reasons:

1. Raised in Alabama......hard enough to understand white people down there. Throw in the black culture and their version of EBONICS and its damn near impossible to understand.

2. Poor uneducated family: Just because he excelled in school doesnt mean any members of his family did. Imagine being from a family where everyone talks slang and add the southern drawl. If he pronounced his words correctly they wouldn't be able to understand him and ask why he talks like a white Northerner.

It's a shame that most southerners speak in a dialect that portrays them as ignorant. I came from the south and was a telemarketer right out of college. I couldn't make a sale for the life of me when I knew I was smarter and brighter than those who were making the big bucks. I asked one of the better salesman why I struggled so much and he said, "you sound like some damn hillbiilly". I lost the accent and became one of the best salesman in the organization.

Tyrone

EOG Veteran

there are studies that show that how you speak is not an indication of how smart you are

Winston comes from dumblefuck Alabama, got a scolie offer from Stanford, won a Heisman and a National Championship as a redshirt freshman, will be a #1 overall NFL pick...and make millions of dollars

maybe couch potatoes need to work on their own life before throwing eggs at him?????

You can apply that to almost every thread here and other forums. Guys who dont have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, complaining about a NFL coach's decision, Pro QB throwing a pick, RB with 4.4 speed getting caught from behind etc. Then the next thread a poster who runs his mouth doesnt have $500 to pay for a contest he lost.......PATHETIC!

do u swallow or spit james cum?

i bet ur one of those freaky ppl who gargles that shit and hold it in ur mouth then swallow it

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

the last 2 posts...were not even in English....yet they try to judge a Heisman winner and future millionaire.

aint forums grand?

Tto827

EOG Dedicated

So you're telling us he understands football at a high level, yet when asked how they executed the game winning drive, his response was something along the lines of "is you strong? If yous strong then hes strong so I'm strong, then wes strong"

I don't see Brady, Luck, Manning, etc. giving an answer quite like that.

No one is judging, just pointing out that he isn't all that smart.

Tto827

EOG Dedicated

Let's wait two years til he sits down with Gruden before the draft, then make your statement. As that's about the only look any of us get into what actually is going thru these guys heads in a game.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

all he does is find open receivers and fire accurate passes to them

blizting him doesnt work

Its Dan Marino all over again.

Tyrone

EOG Veteran

So you're telling us he understands football at a high level, yet when asked how they executed the game winning drive, his response was something along the lines of "is you strong? If yous strong then hes strong so I'm strong, then wes strong"

I don't see Brady, Luck, Manning, etc. giving an answer quite like that.

No one is judging, just pointing out that he isn't all that smart.

Do you think the others upbringing had anything to do with it?

Lucks Father: Oliver Francis Luck is the Director of Intercollegiate Athletes at West Virginia University, his alma mater. Luck is a retired American football player who spent five seasons in the National Football League as a quarterback for the Houston Oilers.

Manning Father: Elisha Archibald "Archie" Manning III is a former professional football player, a quarterback in the National Football League. He played for the New Orleans Saints from 1971 to 1982, then for the Houston Oilers and Minnesota Vikings

Winstons father: Antonor works traffic maintenance for the city of Bessemer

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Winston looks like Marino back there but he has a running game and a defense at FSU so he won a championship.

Tto827

EOG Dedicated

I don't know where you went to high school or where Jameis went. But where I did you had to be able to present presentations/speeches/debates for 5-10 minutes by yourself.

He may know football (even that I'm somewhat skeptical) but there's no way you can honestly tell me that kid can go up in front of 30 of his teachers and peers and make a coherent argument regarding The Great Gatsby and be considered "above average".

Maybe he's just like Glisan, has a clue but comes across like an idiot when he opens his mouth, but again, until there's basis to believe that, I'm going to trust my gut that he isn't a Stanford caliber student.

Tto827

EOG Dedicated

Yup racist good one Mr. Smith.

Please tell me if he could survive in corporate America, even at slightly above entry level positions?

He might be a good kid, might know football, he probably wasn't raised in a very intellectual household. He's going to be extremely successful, none of that means he is "smart", at least not the way I/most define it.

KingKolzig

EOG Dedicated

Fsu...a hotbed of academia

2nd hardest school in the state to get into. ahead of miami which is private and very well respected. also ranked as thye number 37th best school in the nation by newsweek in 2009 (ahead of schools like wake forest). havent seen the updates but you just got owned anyways

Tto827

EOG Dedicated

Ya, also had college athletes reading at 3rd grade levels a few years back.

Tto827

EOG Dedicated

let me know who here got a 4.0 in high school...

Winston did

So he never got a an A-, never got a B?

Facts or shut the fuck up.

Winston's dick might shut you up in a few minutes if it gets any further down your throat.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

his football coaches say he is the best learner of football metrics. And a great leader.....

you seem to think he is a well educated, athletic black feller. Hook him up with your daughter then. You would probably get jealous.

WVU

EOG Master

let me know who here got a 4.0 in high school...

Winston did

I did. So do lots of kids. Both my daughters did. A weighted 4.0 won't get you into most schools without good test scores. My daughter is ranked 17th in her class of 450 with a 4.3

Tto827

EOG Dedicated

Where is racism in this thread, you get your nuts in a bunch of my Ebonics comment?

Maybe I overestimate how difficult it is to get a 4.0. Where I went (one of the more prestigious public high schools in the country), I'm almost positive we didn't have a single student out of like 450 graduate with a 4.0 unweighted GPA.

This is a school that's sends 20+ kids to the Ivy's every year.
Countless others to UCLA/Berkeley/Stanford/duke/Georgetown, etc. Getting into Minnesota/Indiana/mich st, run of the mill big10ers is seen as major fallbacks for the majority of the community.

My GPA in college is far better then high school, so maybe I'm biased, but you don't get straight A's if that's how you answer a question like that... End of discussion