Jameis Winston

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
Re: Jameis Winston

Winston got a 4.0 in high school an offer from Stanford....just won a national title as a redshirt freshman and a Heisman trophy, his coaches rave about his ability to learn and lead.....and still morons try to throw stones at him...

tripp

EOG Master

Mr Smith did you think Winston played well in the title game?

I am far from a Winston hater, i was on board with him being first pick in 2015 all season and if i had a Heisman vote he would be my #2 behind Johnny manziel. He was pretty great in every game i watched this year

In the title game though I thought he was mediocre at the absolute best. Really didnt make one pass that impressed me and he looked like a deer in the headlights whenever pressure came and he didnt have somebody wide open. Also is a very awkward runner and wont be able to use his legs much at the next level. I know Joe Blow is already unimpressed with him now as many of the casual football fans saw him for the first time that night (my buddies kept telling me i was full of shit saying he was going to be #1 in 2015 since they really only watch the title game in ncaa)

I wont judge him too harshly off of just one game, but when his schedule was a pile of crap (not his fault) it's tough to see him look so ordinary and at many times just plain bad in the one tough game they had all year and still look at him the same. FSU won that game because of defense, big ST plays and WR's making plays after the catch. Winston was really a non factor

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

look at his final stats, for a "bad game" they dont even register.

his team won. and he led them on a final TD only drive with 1:19 to do it...

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

and there are very real questions that in the 1st half Auburn QB coach Dameyune Craig was telling their defensive coordinator FSU's play calls.

tripp

EOG Master

As for the intelligence question..i can see it both ways. He sounded borderline retarded when they asked him questions, but that doesnt necessarily mean he has low intelligence. Some arent good at communicating their thoughts and ideas verbally even if they mentally understand what is being asked. Also like some is mentioned if you grow up around hillbilly southerners that speak terribly and a family that speaks slang/ebonics crap than you will naturally pick it up and speak it instinctively also

But also a bit ignorant just to assume he is very intelligent because he had good grades in HS. That could be from cheating to help out the star athlete (lets not act like that doesnt happen), could come from very high level tutors to help him, etc. Many things can lead to grades that dont accurately reflect what one individual is able to learn

tripp

EOG Master

look at his final stats, for a "bad game" they dont even register.

his team won. and he led them on a final TD only drive with 1:19 to do it...
thats the problem, you are only looking at stats and not how those stats happen

Stats show he threw a 49 yard pass in a big situation down 4.

What really happened was he threw a 5 yard pass and the WR did all the work splitting defenders and running for another 40+ yards.

Show me one honest play where he was impressive in that title game, just one. Every throw was a throw any decent qb at that level could make. Open guys within 5-15 yards. He never really threw into tight spots. His tds were a wide open FB that nobody covered and a 2 yard lob pass to a WR that was 6 inches taller than the defender. Wasn't even a fade route out wide, the lob was up the middle, very easy to complete

im not gonna give him shit for taking what the defenders gave him late as it worked out, but lets not act like he was very good in that game. The star players around him bailed him out. Same with their star defender jerrigin (sp) who was awful in the game and needs to work on his conditioning

Tyrone

EOG Veteran

The kid is a FRESHMAN! He just turned 19 2 weeks ago. Amazing how EOG with its 20 posters, has 4.0 GPA ivy leaguers abound, top 12 law students, multi-millionaires who cant spell or write, people who can beat vegas playing slots, +ev bull shitters everywhere but cant pay $500 win when they lose contests.

They want to cut down a kid who has a 4.0 GPA, led is DIV 1 college football team to a undefeated season and won a National Championship but he has no football IQ and cant play football. This place should be called EOI (Eye on Idiots)

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I really dont even understand how this is an issue....I dont get how he seemed dumb in that interview

he had 4.0 in high school, Stanford offer, his current coaches only rave about him in every possible way. His leadership is beyond reproach...I dont even get how he seems dumb to anyone....

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

The kid is a FRESHMAN! He just turned 19 2 weeks ago. Amazing how EOG with its 20 posters, has 4.0 GPA ivy leaguers abound, top 12 law students, multi-millionaires who cant spell or write, people who can beat vegas playing slots, +ev bull shitters everywhere but cant pay $500 win when they lose contests.

They want to cut down a kid who has a 4.0 GPA, led is DIV 1 college football team to a undefeated season and won a National Championship but he has no football IQ and cant play football. This place should be called EOI (Eye on Idiots)

fucking thank you :doh1

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Winston also plays right field and pitches for the FSU baseball team and by itself, is a very real baseball prospect.

Congrats to EOG posters who have time to get off their couch to run him down

WVU

EOG Master

Mr. Smith, you started this thread and you got what you expected. Why sound surprised? We get it. You love Jameis. That doesn't mean everyone has to.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

post of the decade......

Teddy kgb

Banned

Nobody Ever in the History of the World talked like that and got a Real 4.0 in school...He had to be given those grades by female teachers afraid he'd rape them if they didnt

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I dont know and clearly they were just faked because he is from Alabama.

aside from he is a tremendous leader and won the heisman as a freshman and that his coaches say he works very hard and listens to criticism and his team goes all out for him etc etc etc, I just dont know if he is something other than stupid

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

its going to be awful for you tards again next year. FSU opens with Oklahoma St. Its OK though, they arent SEC

tripp

EOG Master

Winston also plays right field and pitches for the FSU baseball team and by itself, is a very real baseball prospect.

Congrats to EOG posters who have time to get off their couch to run him down

I dont understand what you are getting so upset about

What part of what i said was inaccurate?

I'm not claiming to be a super genius or throw a football better than winston or that he is terrible at everything in life. The guy will make millions and likely everyone here would trade places with him in a second. That doesnt change anything ive said

He can be a really good football player and still have been mediocre in the title game. I said he was good all year, but in no way shape or form did he look good in the title game. He made 0 plays that impressed me in that contest. Missed tons of throws in the first half, panicked when he finally had to deal with pressure for the first time and couldnt move the football at all. If not for a fake punt conversion very real chance fsu gets rolled.

Now if he is a great qb he will learn from that game and comeback better next season. Johnny football proved he had that ability when he worked relentlessly on his pocket passing and came back this year incredibly improved in that dept. Winston has some improving to do as well

And as for his intelligence all i said is it can go both ways. He sounded stupid but that doesnt mean he is stupid. But you pointing to his grades is a little ignorant and not accepting the fact that yes he could have gotten high grades on false pretenses. It happens. Ive seen it happen here in canada for a couple star football players and football is taken about 1/10000th as seriously here as it is in the states.

I really dont get why you fsu fans get so butthurt any time somebody says something that isnt praise about winston. If anything winston sucking in the title game makes FSU look better as it showed FSU was really a great team and not Texas A&M 2.0 just carried by a sensational qb.

Wade

EOG Master

jameis got a 4.0 GPA in high school? what a laugh. that motherfucker probably doesn't know what GPA means.

Heim

EOG Master

So famous Jameis named 3rd team AA by Baseball America. I can see why some eye opening
stats last year as a freshman (lol):

"At the plate, he hit .235 with seven doubles, three triples and 21 runs scored. Winston made 22 starts in the outfield and 10 at designated hitter.

On the mound, the right-hander went 1-2 with a 3.00 ERA and two saves, striking out 21 batters in 27 innings. His fastball can touch 95 mph
."

Jameis Winston is slightly more intelligent than a trained dolphin and slightly less intelligent than a trained chimpanzee.

how is it he "cant talk" I can clearly understand every word he says....

Are you going to try to make the argument that ebonics should be a socially acceptable form of communication?

Walk into a real interview speaking ebonics. Then bitch about racism when you don't get the job. :doh1

Go fuck yourself, he's smarter and more successful than you will ever be.

The sad thing is, when I was 11, I was scoring higher on standardized testing than Winston will ever score. More successful? Nah... he might be richer in his 20s and 30s than I will be. But considering he's running trains on skanks unprotected at 19, the odds of him being broke or having HIV or both by 50 are 99.9%.

Is this Winston's mother? The fact this creature is a congresswoman is embarrassing for our nation. Woman has a 2nd grade education at most.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

What the fuck does that dumb bitch and Winston have to do with another? Solid argument, lawyer boy.

I did incredible on standardized tests too, it mostly means I was raised in a white upper class community.

None of us that post here regularly are all that smart though, dipshit, so don't give yourself too much credit.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Oh, I know. They're both black, and therefore must be related. Fucking racist little prick is all you are. GFY.

Great One

EOG Addicted

Winston is walking proof that athletes are handed grades. That is why I get so sick of people acting like Richard Sherman is so smart because he went to Stanford. They set these guys up in very easy classes. I have witnessed it myself. Really, Winston wouldn't even sniff a college campus if not for his God given ability. Yet, now is not only enrolled but he has football and baseball year round. Think of how many classes he would miss due to baseball. The guy is a moron and the same goes for Vince Young who ummm got what a 3 on the wonderlic. Have you seen the wonderlic? You should at minimum get a 10 and then it is 50/50 if you are retarded. Seriously, one of the questions is a picture of 3 triangles and a square. It says "choose the one that does not belong".

How often do you hear of a star athlete missing the season because he flunked out

Winston is walking proof that athletes are handed grades. That is why I get so sick of people acting like Richard Sherman is so smart because he went to Stanford. They set these guys up in very easy classes. I have witnessed it myself. Really, Winston wouldn't even sniff a college campus if not for his God given ability. Yet, now is not only enrolled but he has football and baseball year round. Think of how many classes he would miss due to baseball. The guy is a moron and the same goes for Vince Young who ummm got what a 3 on the wonderlic. Have you seen the wonderlic? You should at minimum get a 10 and then it is 50/50 if you are retarded. Seriously, one of the questions is a picture of 3 triangles and a square. It says "choose the one that does not belong".

How often do you hear of a star athlete missing the season because he flunked out

Yep. I went to a major university for sports and had lots of classes with star athletes. They went to class maybe 10% of the time and somehow got the grades.

Star athletes are given the smartest tutors at the school to pretty much do the work for them. This is just a fact schools are very good at covering up.

Great One

EOG Addicted

Everyone knows he is a great athlete but he will be a gigantic bust in the NFL. His entire life, people have been giving him stuff left and right and he can use his athleticism to get by. In the NFL, he will never understand the playbook besides the fraudulent read option and with his extremely low IQ and social issues, he will go off on everyone when he has a string of bad games. It will be fun to watch.
And that is assuming he stays out of jail.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Everyone knows he is a great athlete but he will be a gigantic bust in the NFL. His entire life, people have been giving him stuff left and right and he can use his athleticism to get by. In the NFL, he will never understand the playbook besides the fraudulent read option and with his extremely low IQ and social issues, he will go off on everyone when he has a string of bad games. It will be fun to watch.
And that is assuming he stays out of jail.

I hate to say this, but cubs2015 isnt the stupidest poster on this website. its impossible to deny you are dumber

aside from Winston had an offer from Stanford, he isnt an "athletic" QB, he is a pocket passer. FSU doesnt run a read option ( do you even own a television?) FSU runs a prostyle offense.

Jimbo Fisher has a big track record of developing QB's and getting them drafted