Jason Heyward signs with the Cubs

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: Jason Heyward signs with the Cubs

This!!

I remember him being utterly useless vs lefties too.

But he's a 23/mil a year guy LOL

60 RBI!

Anyone arguing against this signing, just remember you're on the same side as Brock. :lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:

.708 OPS vs lefties is useless? Hardly.

And he posted a .783 OPS in May. If the Cardinals were planning on benching a guy producing like that, they're not very smart. Which is why they weren't. He posted an .882 OPS in June, so obviously by that point he was performing like an all star at the plate.

He had a bad April. He won't be the first, won't be the last.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Careful there chi Dorothy.... Javy will be all up in your ass with posts like that.

They won 97 in 2015. Early projections have them at 99 wins. Certainly conceivable they could win less than 97. I started a thread giving out over 80.5 wins last year as a lock. If you were smart, you listened. Lots of people on this forum said it was a homer bet and a sucker bet. Go figure. None of those guys admitted they were wrong. I suspect this will go the same way.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

RBI is a team stat more than it isn't, and do you really think someone's worth is decided by HRs?

Who do you think is more valuable? Chris Davis (47 HR) or Joey Votto (29 HR)?

How about Buster Posey (19 HR) or Nelson Cruz (44 HR)?

What is this obsession with HR?

yes because a catcher and an outfielder are comparable based on HR total. :LMAO:LMAO

power, for a guy who isn't a speed demon and is a corner outfielder, certainly matters.

RBI's mean nothing, obviously.

what everyone is missing is how easy heyward glides.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Not a speed demon, but apparently is a smart enough base runner to steal 23/26

Timely, are the Cubs going to be better than the White Sox this year? I know you said the White Sox would certainly be better in 2015, so I'd like to hear your predictions. :btj:

Not a speed demon, but apparently is a smart enough base runner to steal 23/26

Timely, are the Cubs going to be better than the White Sox this year? I know you said the White Sox would certainly be better in 2015, so I'd like to hear your predictions. :btj:

Wow 23 steals?!?! No way.

That's worth like .0001 WAR. What a stud.

Signing a guy for 185 million and then bragging about 20 steals as an asset hahaha

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Wow 23 steals?!?! No way.

That's worth like .0001 WAR. What a stud.

Signing a guy for 185 million and then bragging about 20 steals as an asset hahaha

You are truly the guy that thought Jon Garland was a sure fire hall of famer

Heim

EOG Master

over .700 OPS begs to differ

Clueless homer....how about .229 lifetime & a .178 BABIP in 2014. Look at his lifetime K% versus lefties. He hit the market at the right time let's leave it at that.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Clueless homer....how about .229 lifetime & a .178 BABIP in 2014. Look at his lifetime K% versus lefties. He hit the market at the right time let's leave it at that.

(agrees with Brock Landers emphatically)

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

He's very graceful in the field. Watch him dive or slide or make a play... he glides to the ball. That decreases his injury compared to someone like Puig or Soler that just clods to the ball.

And again, he's very young. Hasn't even entered his physical prime yet.

Reminds me of another future HOFer they had who was young, graceful and had perfect mechanics - Mark Prior.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Reminds me of another future HOFer they had who was young, graceful and had perfect mechanics - Mark Prior.

This is the very reason Theo prefers hitters to pitchers though. Every pitcher is an injury risk. Heyward is no more of an injury risk than any other outfielder. What do you think the DL % is for outfielders in major league baseball? Probably lowest of any position in the game.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Poor White Sox fans... they have like 13 people show up to most of their games to watch one of the worst constructed teams in history. They're actually in win now mode, is the hilarious thing.

The Chicago White Sox are in WIN now mode. Imagine how awful they're going to be when they finally accept their fate and start a rebuild. Win now mode and win 70 :doh1:LMAO:lol:lightbulb::shoot:12io4j2w90

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I didn't watch a lot of cardinals games last year but I did see a lot of Adam Eaton and he sucked, numbers be damned.

I didn't watch a lot of cardinals games last year but I did see a lot of Adam Eaton and he sucked, numbers be damned.
Fundamental wise, Eaton is a disaster. Defense? Sucks. Base running? Bone headed.

As a hitter, he's one of the better lead off hitters in baseball I guess; not that it's that deep of a position.

301/.371/.436 over his last 235 games

807 OPS from a lead off hitter with a .371 OBP is pretty solid.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Fundamental wise, Eaton is a disaster. Defense? Sucks. Base running? Bone headed.

As a hitter, he's one of the better lead off hitters in baseball I guess; not that it's that deep of a position.

301/.371/.436 over his last 235 games

807 OPS from a lead off hitter with a .371 OBP is pretty solid.

he seemed to be very streaky, probably not the best trait for a lead off hitter.

he seemed to be very streaky, probably not the best trait for a lead off hitter.
he had an abysmal start last year. .192 average in april which got the team out of the gate horribly.

relatively consistent outside of that i guess.

eaton drives me nuts. i just thought the offensive output stats were funny; nearly identical.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

so your point is that if Eaton wasn't awful at 50% of the game, that he'd be almost as good as Heyward? Good one.

Timely, are the White Sox going to be better than the Cubs this year again? :doh1

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

how much did the white sox pay laroche for nothing? No offense, no defense, no base running. Does he even play baseball?

guess he may pitch better than most of your bullpen :lol that bullpen you thought would be way better than the cubs pen :cheers

RBI is largely a team stat you doofus.

And you overrate Mets pitchers dude. I bet you think Harvey and Syndergaard were better than Lester last year. Look at FIP. Look at FIP. Look at FIP. Hell, Syndergaard was barely better than Hendricks last year according to FIP.

They did look good against the cubs in the playoffs.

:btj:

Valuist

EOG Master

how much did the white sox pay laroche for nothing? No offense, no defense, no base running. Does he even play baseball?

guess he may pitch better than most of your bullpen :lol that bullpen you thought would be way better than the cubs pen :cheers

Don't forget Melky Cabrera who was a dog most of the first half, and then with the White Sox 20 games out of it, he goes on a tear making his end of year numbers look respectable. I guess Sox fans can consider LaRoche an upgrade over Dunn, but then again, just about everyone in MLB was an upgrade over him.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Don't forget Melky Cabrera who was a dog most of the first half, and then with the White Sox 20 games out of it, he goes on a tear making his end of year numbers look respectable. I guess Sox fans can consider LaRoche an upgrade over Dunn, but then again, just about everyone in MLB was an upgrade over him.

I'm curious to see when the White Sox stop delaying ignoring reality and rebuild. If they think their current core of players will ever win, they are more delusional than I hope. They should dump Sale off before that elbow ligament snaps off. Not sure how they expect to contend with this current core.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

The Sox can't blow up the team and do a full rebuild (even though they should). They already get low revenue and run the risk of losing even more share. Not many teams can afford to do it. They should blow up their whole minor league development process though. They haven't developed a position player with real impact since Magglio Ordonez.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

The Sox can't blow up the team and do a full rebuild (even though they should). They already get low revenue and run the risk of losing even more share. Not many teams can afford to do it. They should blow up their whole minor league development process though. They haven't developed a position player with real impact since Magglio Ordonez.

Good point I guess. The White Sox fans are notoriously awful. The person in charge of getting fans in the seats for the White Sox is documented as saying that White Sox fans will only show up if the team is in first place and the weather is exactly 72 degrees with a slight breeze and sunny. And even then, they might not.

One of the worst fan bases in professional sports by any measure you can think of. Their excuse for not coming is that the parking situation isn't great. :LMAO:doh1. Or that they're meth heads without jobs and can't afford the $6 tickets.

The White Sox should relocate to Nashville.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Addison Russell giving up the #22 for Heyward, switching to #27. Class act.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Class? No Heyward makes a lot more money so he paid him. For a self proclaimed smart guy you have a lot to learn.

This isn't the topic to show what a useless prick you are. Addison Russell isn't dumb, he knows Jason Heyward is wearing #22 for his dead friend's mom. He would have given it to him for free because hes a human being.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

13 HRs and 60 RBI...

I hope he can run and throw...

Let's see how he loves the Wrigley Field Wall..

Cespedes and Upton should get down on their knees and thank Heyward for pulling of the greatest theft since Bobby Bonilla contract with the Mets....