Jason Heyward signs with the Cubs

Ronaldo

EOG Dedicated
Re: Jason Heyward signs with the Cubs

Javy, Timely, I don't say this to troll, I don't have a dog in this fight. But is there a single position on the diamond where the White Sox starter is better than the Cubs? I'm probably less knowledgeable about the teams than you two, but just thinking about it quickly I can't think of one.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Javy, Timely, I don't say this to troll, I don't have a dog in this fight. But is there a single position on the diamond where the White Sox starter is better than the Cubs? I'm probably less knowledgeable about the teams than you two, but just thinking about it quickly I can't think of one.

I'll give you my analysis. I already did the rotation, where the Cubs starters had a much better FIP at every position than the White Sox across the board.

Cubs 1-5 better than White Sox 1-5 in the rotation
Cubs bullpen is obviously better than the White Sox rotation as well.

3B: Kris Bryant > Todd Frazier
SS: Addison Russell > Tyler Saladino
2B: Ben Zobrist > Brett Lawrie
1B: Anthony Rizzo > Jose Abreu
LF: Kyle Schwarber > Melky Cabrera
CF: Jason Heyward > Adam Eaton
RF: Jorge Soler > Avisail Garcia
C: Miguel Montero > Dioner Navarro

The only 2 that are really arguable for the White Sox are RF and C... but Miggy is one of the better game callers and pitch framers in baseball while Dioner is bad defensively. Also, Jorge Soler and Avisail Garcia are pretty equal at the moment, but Soler's upside is through the roof and he could bust out next year.

So yeah, these rosters are so far apart at the moment that it is kind of insane

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I'll give you my analysis. I already did the rotation, where the Cubs starters had a much better FIP at every position than the White Sox across the board.

Cubs 1-5 better than White Sox 1-5 in the rotation
Cubs bullpen is obviously better than the White Sox rotation as well.

3B: Kris Bryant > Todd Frazier
SS: Addison Russell > Tyler Saladino
2B: Ben Zobrist > Brett Lawrie
1B: Anthony Rizzo > Jose Abreu
LF: Kyle Schwarber > Melky Cabrera
CF: Jason Heyward > Adam Eaton
RF: Jorge Soler > Avisail Garcia
C: Miguel Montero > Dioner Navarro

The only 2 that are really arguable for the White Sox are RF and C... but Miggy is one of the better game callers and pitch framers in baseball while Dioner is bad defensively. Also, Jorge Soler and Avisail Garcia are pretty equal at the moment, but Soler's upside is through the roof and he could bust out next year.

So yeah, these rosters are so far apart at the moment that it is kind of insane

Compare that lineup to the Mets....oh wait, they already got their ass whooped.....

losing for over 100 years sure does son.

You going to any games with Broke Landers this year?

lap18

EOG Dedicated

Let's not forget that Heyward glides to the ball so he is saving his body. That alone should increase homerun, average, and rbi output in the friendly confines. That is easily overlooked.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Let's not forget that Heyward glides to the ball so he is saving his body. That alone should increase homerun, average, and rbi output in the friendly confines. That is easily overlooked.

the short gaps should help HR power though

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

You'd think the tall black star would be hiring in the string of 90+ degrees we've had here in July after some all star break rest.

nope 1-20 since the 2nd half began

yisman

EOG Master

Oh look it's someone who has seen lots of Heyward over the years. This is a horrible signing and the Cubs will be hoping Heyward opts out after 3. Incredible contract for a slightly above average player.

I'm sure everyone will be shocked to learn that Heyward decided not to opt out of his contract.