Jay Cutler signs a 1-year deal with Miami

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Re: Jay Cutler signs a 1-year deal with Miami

I think between this and the hurricane, it was that type of season for Miami. What you see is what you get with Cutler - and Tannehill. It’ll be interesting to see what direction they go next year. One positive for Miami is they found a RB in Drake.

It could always be worse. The Vegas win total for the Colts was 8.5. Easy cash there.

I thought with the Dolphins that this year gave them the chance to apply some long term thinking. A big picture plan. Everything seemed nearsighted, with maybe the Ajayi the exception but that even felt like a knee jerk reaction. Dolphins aren’t alone, you can look at many nfl teams and say what the hell is the plan.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Cutler has the skills you want, the size you want, the experience you want , he's mobile enough, he's plenty smart enough, you could even call him a 'good" QB...but he's not a winner.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I thought with the Dolphins that this year gave them the chance to apply some long term thinking. A big picture plan. Everything seemed nearsighted, with maybe the Ajayi the exception but that even felt like a knee jerk reaction. Dolphins aren’t alone, you can look at many nfl teams and say what the hell is the plan.

agree

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Sorry, not going to buy it for one second. Everywhere Cutler goes the excuses are sure to follow. And yep, they are here once again.

Before the season Miami was projected in some corners as an 11 win team and just about everyone had them making the playoffs.

And why not, a widely respected young HC starting his 2nd year with a team that closed last season winning 9 of its last 11 games!!?

What could go wrong to derail this train? What cold send them from red hot status to a not even mediocre team out of the playoffs and into 6 win range?

One thing and one thing alone - Jay Cutler taking over as starting QB.

The moment it was announced posters aware of his career bet against the Dolphins instead of with them and will be richly rewarded for it.....

Props to them, wish I was that smart.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

And BTW these are opinions, there are no right and wrong answers, no one should be laughed as a Cutler fan.

If people see something in Jay Cutler thats certainly allowed.

I do hope they arent putting their money where their mouth is......

Since showing up Cutler has the worst ATS numbers of any starting QB in the NFL.

Otherwise hes doing fantastic, LOL. We move on.

kane

EOG master

So which one is it? You like him .........but now you were sure he sucked that's why you bet it? But at first you said FUCK!!!!!!!!!
Are you one of those people that plays both sides so you can claim to be right.......

Not playing both sides at all, the Dolphins have a good group of receivers, and Cutler had his best season when Gase was his OC in Chicago, there was reason to think Cutler could replicate that same success, but he didn't, he didn't even come close. When I heard loser Jay was signing down here, of course my reaction was a negative one, I mean who in their right mind would want that guy QBing their favorite team. Like I said, based on what he was able to do under Gase, Cutler should have had a much better season that he did, but he didn't, that's why he's a loser. There's a reason he's made the playoffs once in his career, he's a loser

kane

EOG master

Ruca - guaranteed dolphins would never sign cutler. 100 percent dead wrong.

Kane- thought cutler would ruin a playoff team - the worst loss of the nfl season was the dolphin without cutler - 100 percent dead wrong.

Javybaez9 - knew Miami was fatally flawed at most aspects of football and that they’d miss playoffs no matter the qb - 100 percent right.

/ thread

It's not surprising Javy is lashing out again. First I cashed a winning ticket when I played under the RSW total for his beloved Cubbies, I know how much that irritated him, now I cashed a winning ticket by playing under the RSW total of Javy's hero loser Jay, between me hitting my Cubs under and my Cutler under, it's not a surprise at all to see Javy upset. Don't worry kid, it will all be okay

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Miami is not a bad team... Tannehill is not the reason Miami had a winning season last year..... Cutler is better than Tannehill and it's not close..... I hate Cutler being on Miami but we should win be able to win at least 10 games... Miami isn't as bad as you experts think.... But then again how many of you actually think?

Um.... you said this before the season started, a few pages back, LOL.

Real good question you asked - Are you one of those people that plays both sides so you can claim to be right.

No 10 win season my friend. Even your expectations came up short.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

34-42 300+ yards 3 TD 0 INT game and a loss. That tells you all you need to know.

kane

EOG master

Yep, great call Kane. Ive found when he says get on something you should probably listen if you like cash.

Miami a playoff team last year with a converted WR playing QB, this year with Cutler? Not so much.

As Kane IMMEDIATELY pointed out, Cutler taking over for Tanny had to mean less wins. And he was 100% correct!

NICE CA$$$HHH KANE!!

Thanks Pat, appreciate it

kane

EOG master

34-42 300+ yards 3 TD 0 INT game and a loss. That tells you all you need to know.

He's made the playoffs once in his career, and has the worst ATS record of any QB since he entered the league. Tells you all you need to know.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

One game? Lets look at season stats...

27th of 32 in QBR, a little high IMO but close enough for most to get the picture.

Offensively Dolphins 27th overall, tied with Kizer and the amazing Cleveland offense.

:LOL :LOL

kane

EOG master

Loser Jay is ranked among the bottom in QBR, and Miami's offense is ranked at the bottom of every major offensive category, but it's all Gase's fault, and the line's fault, and the receivers fault, it's always everyone else's fault when loser Jay fails

kane

EOG master

In a poll taken of NFL players, when asked who was the one QB they didn't want as a teammate, Loser Jay got 42% of the vote, the next highest QB on the list got 6%. So, it isn't just fans who know Cutler's a loser, even his peers know it, no one in the league wants to play with him. Tells you all you need to know.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Before season started:

The reason you sign Jay Cutler is because you make the playoffs with Jay Cutler if he is given a playoff caliber team. Some QBs you can't say that.

And now after Kane embarrassed him on his own favorite player??

Yes, lots of excuses, its a Cutler tread. Excuses like the rest of his career.

Seriously, major props to Kane, saw it from the beginning. Some still dont see it.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Javy furiously looking for favorable statistics. LOL.

No biggie, get the next one big guy.

Merry Xmas.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

He's made the playoffs once in his career, and has the worst ATS record of any QB since he entered the league. Tells you all you need to know.

Stafford has never won a playoff game. Tells you all you need to know, right?

He’s also never had a competent running game, as the Lions have went how many games in a row now without a 100 yard rusher? Or did they finally break that?

The reality is the dolphins were projected for 7 wins this year before the QB they designed their team around tore his acl, before they traded their only competent running back, before several key members of their lines missed the year, and before they lost their bye, made even worse by a trip to London.

Football is a team game and Jay Cutler signed on to play football for an objectively bad football team and the results were predictable. You should be mad that they didn’t just start Moore and draft in the top 5 next year. Not mad at Cutler for making your team a little better.

Merry Christmas.

MrTop

EOG Master

In a poll taken of NFL players, when asked who was the one QB they didn't want as a teammate, Loser Jay got 42% of the vote, the next highest QB on the list got 6%. So, it isn't just fans who know Cutler's a loser, even his peers know it, no one in the league wants to play with him. Tells you all you need to know.

WOW i did not know cutler got 42% of the vote !

:WOW:

kane

EOG master

He’s also never had a competent running game, as the Lions have went how many games in a row now without a 100 yard rusher? Or did they finally break that?

The reality is the dolphins were projected for 7 wins this year before the QB they designed their team around tore his acl, before they traded their only competent running back, before several key members of their lines missed the year, and before they lost their bye, made even worse by a trip to London.

Football is a team game and Jay Cutler signed on to play football for an objectively bad football team and the results were predictable. You should be mad that they didn’t just start Moore and draft in the top 5 next year. Not mad at Cutler for making your team a little better.

Merry Christmas.

I agree about the results being predictable. When Miami signed Cutler, it was very easy to see they would be a bad team and go under their RSW total, very predictable indeed.

kane

EOG master

Merry Christmas.

First off all, I'll assume you haven't seen Kenyan Drake play, if you had you would realize how dumb your comment of Miami trading their only competent running back is. This season Ajayi is averaging 4.2 yds per carry, Drake is averaging 4.8, and if you only count Ajayi's stats with Miami, he was only averaging 3.4 yds per carry, which is way below league average, since they made Drake the starter, he's been much better than Ajayi was. And like you always do when Cutler fails, you put the blame everywhere except him, it's the line's fault, it's the receivers fault, it's because they played in London, etc. Excuse, after excuse, after excuse, after excuse

kane

EOG master

WOW i did not know cutler got 42% of the vote !

:WOW:

Yep, you read it correctly, when the players were asked who's the one QB they didn't want to play with, Cutler got 42% of the vote, the next highest QB got 6%, there's a thread about it if you feel like looking for it

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Merry Christmas.

To be fair, yesterday was basically a playoff game for Stafford and he threw for 200 against a dead team. I can’t remember the last great team Stafford has played great against.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

And BTW these are opinions, there are no right and wrong answers, no one should be laughed as a Cutler fan.

If people see something in Jay Cutler thats certainly allowed.

I do hope they arent putting their money where their mouth is......

Since showing up Cutler has the worst ATS numbers of any starting QB in the NFL.

Otherwise hes doing fantastic, LOL. We move on.

Say what? You mean these opinions aren’t facts? Well son of a bitch.

High Times

EOG Master

Um.... you said this before the season started, a few pages back, LOL.

Real good question you asked - Are you one of those people that plays both sides so you can claim to be right.

No 10 win season my friend. Even your expectations came up short.

What's your point? I felt Miami had a better team than what happened this year. I put most of the blame on Gase. One of those reasons is that it was because of him we went and signed Cutler. That is on him! We are not in these camps and have to trust the GM and Coach on these situations. Sure Cutler sucks, but so does Tannihill. And just like you pointed out..... I hate Cutler..... I would never defend his ability because he sucks and always has...

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Dolphins may go 8-8 this year with Aaron Rodgers.

They have a lot of work to do.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Team lost 45-0 without Jay Cutler to the mediocre Ravens and fans are giddy to keep the rest of the roster that did it. Lol.

kane

EOG master

Team lost 45-0 without Jay Cutler to the mediocre Ravens and fans are giddy to keep the rest of the roster that did it. Lol.

Wrong kid, the fans are giddy knowing there's only one game left in the Dolphin career of loser Jay

alfie

EOG Dedicated

game in London and losing a bye due a hurricane has led to the dolphins a disastrous season. not a fan, but signing cutler was a mistake by gase. the raven game was a thursday night game. short rest/travel for a tired team..

who will cutler play for in 2018 ? nobody

kane

EOG master

game in London and losing a bye due a hurricane has led to the dolphins a disastrous season. not a fan, but signing cutler was a mistake by gase. the raven game was a thursday night game. short rest/travel for a tired team..

:lightbulb:

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

You’re right. They go 1-15 with Moore and can draft second overall and draft an impact player immediately.

High Times

EOG Master

That's on the coach 100%......!

Gase never has a game plan and never has this team emotionally prepared.

I guess you have to give him another year but he is no offensive genius......

alfie

EOG Dedicated

You don't draft coaches...... From the looks of things Gase is a horrible judge of Quarterbacks and can't improve them either... What a joke

I think gase is norv turners twin...not head coach materiel......