Joey Chestnut UNDER 62.5

sweeper

EOG Veteran
Take this one to the bank fellas. He wont need to go past 54 or 55 to beat this field.

Joey under 62 and a half frankfurters is the play of the day.

Anyone interested in the side here it's Chestnut -800 Field +650, but im sticking with the under

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Re: Joey Chestnut UNDER 62.5

I would be careful betting on this "gastric centric sporting event":LMAO

I am pretty sure those dogs are getting smaller in size.

HOw would you explain that after going from 12 minutes to 10 minutes in duration, the number of dogs eaten is still going up and up. And its not just Chestnut but everyone else as well

HOw would you explain that after going from 12 minutes to 10 minutes in duration, the number of dogs eaten is still going up and up. And its not just Chestnut but everyone else as well

Performance Enhancing Digestion.

hels

EOG Dedicated

These guys do actually train. Their mouths and jaws increase in size, throats get wider and stomachs get bigger. As well they probably have techniques to help increase salivation.

in 2007 chestnut had 66, he fluctuates based on how many he thinks he needs. it's really not that much harder to eat 66 hot dogs in 10 minutes rather than 12 minutes, it's a matter of being able to hold that many down once you know how to chew that fast.

does someone have a list of the field? no eater x?

bovada has under 63.5 -120

hels

EOG Dedicated

in 2007 chestnut had 66, he fluctuates based on how many he thinks he needs. it's really not that much harder to eat 66 hot dogs in 10 minutes rather than 12 minutes, it's a matter of being able to hold that many down once you know how to chew that fast.

does someone have a list of the field? no eater x?

bovada has under 63.5 -120

It's funny how for these guys 66 hot dogs in 10 minutes isn't much more difficult than in 12 minutes :LMAO

I doubt I could even keep 6 down.... How the fuck can their stomachs be so big?

^^ yeah no shit hels, it's crazy

my season ticket buddy for brewers games eats 10 hot dogs every time they're $1, even that is ridiculous
:LMAO

sweeper

EOG Veteran

thanks for the heads up mikee, might drop another unit on 63.5 at blovy:btj:

sweeper, is it confirmed that eater x janus isn't participating?

he would be the only major competition

hels

EOG Dedicated

^^ yeah no shit hels, it's crazy

my season ticket buddy for brewers games eats 10 hot dogs every time they're $1, even that is ridiculous
:LMAO

10 in 3 hours would still be a fucking challenge for me. Can't understand how people get enjoyment out of this. I would feel like a fatfukk whale and probably have the shits for 24 hours.

found the lists, bertoletti is the one sitting out, i had that confused.

janus and stonie look to be the only guys to worry about pushing chestnut a little...

[h=2]Comparing the 2012 & 2013 Nathan’s fields[/h]July 2, 2013 at 10:39 am by ojrifkin ? More posts about:2012 Nathan's Hot Dog Contest, 2013 Nathan's Hot Dog Contest
Here is a list of people who qualified for the 2013 Nathan’s finals comparing the rosters with the 2012 fields. There might be additional withdrawals or possible sponsors exemptions added.
Men

• Returning Champion: Joey Chestnut
  • 2012 Returning finalists: Tim Janus, Matt Stonie, Bob Shoudt, Adrian Morgan, Erik Denmark, Eric Booker, Pete Davekos, Yasir Salem
  • New qualifier winners for 2013: Juan Rodriguez, Pablo Martinez, Jeff Butler, Marcos Owens
  • 2012 Finalists who attempted to qualify in 2013: Crazy Legs Conti, Lee Vilinsky (not sure if he competed)
  • 2012 Finalists who did not attempt to qualify: Pat Bertoletti, Tim Brown, Sean Gordon, Micah Collins
Women

• Returning Champion: Sonya Thomas
  • 2012 Returning finalists: Juliet Lee, Michelle Lesco, Meredith Boxberger, Larell Marie Mele, Neslie Ricasa, Mary Bowers, Dee Martin
  • New qualifier winners for 2013, not sure if they will compete in finals: Christina Ginn, Prudence DiBenedetto, Terri Reeves
  • New qualifier winners for 2013, will not compete in finals: Miki Sudo, Molly Schuyler
  • Repeated as qualifier winner, did not compete in 2012 finals: Laura Riehman
  • 2012 Finalists who attempted to qualify in 2013: Nicole Anderson
  • 2012 Finalists who did not attempt to qualify: Maria “Edible”, Theresa Subich, Mia Davekos, Heather Osthoff, Janice Deragla, Molly Nemunatis

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

the joey line should be 300-1..that is the biggest overbun overlay of the gambling season

LCD

Janus won't beat him (and just saw that Bertoletti isn't even competing). Megatoad will probably get like 50ish (he did 47 in the Boston qualifier). What can't be ignored is the effect of Kobayashi on this event. Everyone, including Chestnut, is still in Kobayashi's shadow.

Kobayashi will be counter-eating again at the Eventi hotel. If Kobayashi eats 70 which is his goal and Chestnut eats 62ish then that's a big problem for Shea. Even though they might not compete against each other again, 70 hot dogs is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Age begins to have an effect and Chestnut's best chance for 70 is now. He's obsessed with getting down that many.

I'm sure Shea is whispering in Chestnut's ear and will give him bonus money if he gets more than Kobayashi and/or breaks 70. Last year 1.9 million people watched the event. This is a big deal for MLE. Chestnut eating 62, Kobayashi eating 70 would be a disaster. He also is in good shape for the event as indicated by the 22 gyros he ate in May. This is the Super Bowl. Over 62.5.

hels

EOG Dedicated

When is the championship happening? Was out fishing all day and thought I would be hearing about Chestnut struggling with 62.

nedrow9

EOG Master

I don't no he getting older id go under, could be a new kid on the block soon , don't no why kolbeosshe sp don't get in this

LCD

He doesn't get in this because he's in a contract dispute with Shea who runs the MLE. The dispute with Shea and the rivalry between K and C affects the competition even though K's not there. Chestnut ate 52 in 2011 and then was one-upped by Kobayashi who ate more. Chestnut ate 68 last year without Kobayashi being there but having to now openly deal with it because K was again in a parallel competition. K ate either 65 or 69. Chestnut has the most motivation he could possibly have, competing against his main rival who's at another location and eating a very large but uncertain number of hot dogs. This is D-Day for Shea. Hels bet the over!

LCD

Kobayashi needs to suck it up and sign a contract with the idiots.

Kobayashi doesn't have to do anything. MLE wanted Kobayashi to give them a piece of any endorsement or sponsorship he gets. They offered him $25K to appear at four events in 2010 and he couldn't compete in any other events. Then they offered him $40K for the Nathan's events in 2010 and 2011 and again demanded exclusivity. He's got a deal with a hot dog company called Rastelli's and their joint hot dog the "Kobi" launches tomorrow. Shea's a douche.

Chestnut is great but Sports Illustrated doesn't invite him to their offices to do this:

Even better than Cool Hand Luke.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

With Kobayashi out of the picture for what now the 4th straight year and temps hovering right around 90 degrees, Chestnut won't need to beat his record of 68 although he is capable of doing so no matter what the elements. I remember Kobayashi's first year when he didn't participate and Chestnut cruised with only like 55 dogs. Fairly strong value in this play.

jam

EOG Veteran

With Kobayashi out of the picture for what now the 4th straight year and temps hovering right around 90 degrees, Chestnut won't need to beat his record of 68 although he is capable of doing so no matter what the elements. QUOTE]

Link to weather reports please.

Balco

EOG Master

Betting on hotdogs is like beating on wrestling. Either way :shoot:

Balco

EOG Master

Who watches this crap anyways??? :+clueless
No wonder our country is screwed up and full on low information voters.

Take this one to the bank fellas. He wont need to go past 54 or 55 to beat this field.

Joey under 62 and a half frankfurters is the play of the day.

Anyone interested in the side here it's Chestnut -800 Field +650, but im sticking with the under

Youwager has Chestnut -1000 over under at 63 1/2. If you play there the under is a better shot there at UNDER 63 1/2 -105.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

line keeeps going on the over!

Under 63.5 is +140 right now

Over 63.5 -170 :shoot:

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

[TABLE="class: lines"]

[TD="colspan: 8"]10 minutes only 5dimes[/TD]

Thu 7/4

601 Joey Chestnut hot dogs eaten over 63?

12:00PM

602 Joey Chestnut hot dogs eaten under 63?

+145

[/TABLE]

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

And if you can't make it out to Coney Island at least Big Macs at MCd are buy one get one free this weekend. :shoot: