Joey Votto did something for the first time in his career

kane

EOG master
In yesterday's game against the Dodgers, he popped out to first base. In 13 seasons Votto had played in 1,592 games and had 6,829 plate appearances without popping out to first, it's mind boggling. Since 2010 he's popped out to the infield 8 times, and not once in his career has he popped out to the catcher

Valuist

EOG Master
An oddity, no doubt. But in hearing this last night on MLB Network, I think it's clear we have too many stats in baseball.

Reactions: E$

richsox24

EOG Master
That is a crazy stat. I think there was a similar stat about Wade Boggs only popping out to the infield 7 times in over 10,000+ plate appearances in an 18 years career.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Must be something in Votto's approach.

Like Votto, I only hit line drives when competing against my brother in wiffle ball games in the basement of our childhood home.

howid

EOG Dedicated
most of my few little league hits were popups that landed behind the second baseman.

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated
In yesterday's game against the Dodgers, he popped out to first base. In 13 seasons Votto had played in 1,592 games and had 6,829 plate appearances without popping out to first, it's mind boggling. Since 2010 he's popped out to the infield 8 times, and not once in his career has he popped out to the catcher

The Votto slump is big talk here in Cincy.....couple years after the 2 knee surgeries seems to have taken a toll on him....

One of the smartest hitters in baseball since Ted Williams and Pete Rose....listen to some interviews he's done about hitting....amazing stuff

kane

EOG master
The Votto slump is big talk here in Cincy.....couple years after the 2 knee surgeries seems to have taken a toll on him....

One of the smartest hitters in baseball since Ted Williams and Pete Rose....listen to some interviews he's done about hitting....amazing stuff

Last year was an off year for him, no doubt, but the previous year he finished second in the MVP voting, and this season is three weeks old, tell everyone in Cincinnati to relax, JV will be just fine