Josh Gordon

kane

EOG master
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but he failed another drug test and is taking a leave of absence, obviously he's facing a suspension

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Only Josh Gordon can help Josh Gordon.

Addicts need to actively participate in their recovery.

The wide receiver nicknamed "Flash" could be renamed "Flash in the Pan."

kane

EOG master
It's sad his addiction is so powerful he's basically thrown away what might have been a HOF career, there's no doubting his ability on the field. The Pats had to know this was a possibility when they traded for him, I hope he can finally get the help he so desperately needs, at this point it isn't about him playing football again, it's about him living out the rest of his life substance free, obviously easier said than done, wish him the best

mr merlin

EOG Master
It's sad his addiction is so powerful he's basically thrown away what might have been a HOF career, there's no doubting his ability on the field. The Pats had to know this was a possibility when they traded for him, I hope he can finally get the help he so desperately needs, at this point it isn't about him playing football again, it's about him living out the rest of his life substance free, obviously easier said than done, wish him the best
He's of no interest if he cant play football. no football and he's just another drug user in the ghetto. Wish him the best? No way, he's had the best opportunity 99% of people could ever hope for, he can go away now.

By the way, if he's using again, he's prob tested positive again, which mean another suspension is moving through channels, if so he's done forever.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I read Kane's contribution and agreed with him.

Then I read Mr. Merlin's contribution and agreed with him.

Is it possible to feel empathy yet assign blame at the same time?

I think so.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran

I sympathize with anyone who deals with addiction, as I know how hard it is.

BUT.. Gordon has been a piece of shit from day one. Armed robberies, shootouts and car jackings before he got addictive to that shit

kane

EOG master
"The NFL has suspended Josh Gordon indefinitely for violating the league's policies on performance enhancing substances and substances of abuse." Talent wise this guy could have had a HOF career, it's a shame he couldn't ever stay clean

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Nah. He is done. PEDs too. He clearly doesnt give a shit and will pop whatever.

He has to find god before he dies or winds up in prison.

Simply not true either, "it's just weed". Weed can lead to other things quite easily.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Simply not true either, "it's just weed". Weed can lead to other things quite easily.

what’s that? Eating and sleeping? You gotta be kidding me... weed is about as safe as can be. I’ve never heard anyone say they are going to try coke because they like weed. Wtf

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Weed can lead to other things. Very few people in this world can just get high and not do anything else like pop pills and other shit in regards to this specific man Josh Gordon. You cant drive while high. "I drive better while high" is another delusion. I'm not exactly why all these states are legalizing it. I know, money because most states in America are damn near broke.

How many people you come across that just get high? Not many. A lot of times there is always other shit involved.

At the end of the day dont cry when shit pops off, deal with it.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Patriots are usually right when knowing when to let a guy go. Remember how shocked people were when they released Randy Moss? Moss didn't have much left after that.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The Patriots are usually right when knowing when to let a guy go. Remember how shocked people were when they released Randy Moss? Moss didn't have much left after that.
i assume they knew he had failed and that a suspension was coming, They dont announce the suspension until the appeals have finished(I think), so he prob failed 2 months back when they cut him.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Bill Belichick is an evil genius though. Thats what I was thinking too. This fucker knew all along but he isnt in the business of helping other teams.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Belichick1-850x478$large.jpeg
Does this look like somebody you should fuck with. Hes the type to have 4 FBs in on one play. You know damn well he knew about Gordon

mr merlin

EOG Master
Bill Belichick is an evil genius though. Thats what I was thinking too. This fucker knew all along but he isnt in the business of helping other teams.
I'm not sure it takes a genius to notice that gordon smells like a skunk, or to listen to team people telling you he's using again.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
True but the way he went about it was genius. "We released him because Gordon was healthy, he passed his physical". Knowing damn well the man failed tests.

Bill and Brady. There will be no coach and QB tandem and team like them ever again. Ever. For as long as we live even if you're a teenager, you will never see greatness like them ever again.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Belichick is savy, but he’s overrated.
Yes, in retrospect he’s savy for cutting Gordon & Brown...but if he was REAL savy, he never would have signed those obvious cancers in the first place.
His decision not to call timeout with @ 1:30 left with Seahawks at the 1 yard line in that Super Bowl sticks in my craw as one of the most idiotic decisions by any coach not named
Quinn. He was bailed out by Malcolm Butler’s interception, but that was just dumb luck.

I think he cost the Pats another Super Bowl by not playing Butler AT ALL in the Philly Super Bowl, while Foles picked apart the backups like Joe Montana playing Denver.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Belichick is savy, but he’s overrated.
Yes, in retrospect he’s savy for cutting Gordon & Brown...but if he was REAL savy, he never would have signed those obvious cancers in the first place.
His decision not to call timeout with @ 1:30 left with Seahawks at the 1 yard line in that Super Bowl sticks in my craw as one of the most idiotic decisions by any coach not named
Quinn. He was bailed out by Malcolm Butler’s interception, but that was just dumb luck.

I think he cost the Pats another Super Bowl by not playing Butler AT ALL in the Philly Super Bowl, while Foles picked apart the backups like Joe Montana playing Denver.
I agree with your points, he's a great coach but his stubborness costs his team greatly at times.