Justin Verlander to have Tommy John surgery

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Why not just say in lament's terms, "I'm announcing my retirement?"

..........because if someone is dumb enough to pay him a nice salary in 2022 - why not take it!

The Asterisk-o's do not win the 2017 WS without him. And as we found out - a tad more than that. He helped get them a WS Title so no one who is an Asterisk-o's fan can be upset.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
..........because if someone is dumb enough to pay him a nice salary in 2022 - why not take it!

The Asterisk-o's do not win the 2017 WS without him. And as we found out - a tad more than that. He helped get them a WS Title so no one who is an Asterisk-o's fan can be upset.
Father time has caught up. He'll be lucky to get more than a year or two at probably a lower level of quality.plus he won't have the run support courtesy of the garbage cans anymore.

MrTop

EOG Master
he will come back till they throw him out like everyone else. He will play 2-5 more. How many more teams is anyone's guess.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Father time has caught up. He'll be lucky to get more than a year or two at probably a lower level of quality. plus he won't have the run support courtesy of the garbage cans anymore.

Fair. I could see him signing a 1 year deal with an option for a 2nd if certain goals are reached. I can see it being incentive laden, too

But as Mr. Top correctly pointed out - someone will offer him a deal