KANE - I Want An Answer .........

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated
The Hurricanes look so much more polished with this coach. I know it's 3 soft games so far, but do you agree they never looked like this under Golden...

kane

EOG master
Re: KANE - I Want An Answer .........

First of all, there's still a long ways to go in this one, (I actually have Appy today) but you're right, last year this is a game Miami would lose, they would have been woefully unprepared under Golden. I was always a Golden supporter, he had no idea who Nevin Shapiro was or the mess that was to follow, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But as time passed, it became obvious he wasn't a good coach, all you need to know about him is he's currently the tight ends coach for the Lions, the fact that he couldn't get another head job anywhere, and the best he could do was tight ends coach, tells you all you need to know about his coaching ability. I actually like Golden, I've heard him interviewed many times and he always came across as a bright guy, and a good man, but he just isn't a quality head coach. As for Richt, everything changed the minute Blake James hired him, the guy brings instant credibility and class to a program that sorely needed both. I've read articles quoting some players saying how things are so different on and off the field this year as opposed to previous years. It will take him a few recruiting classes to have the type of team he wants, and to shore up the depth, (that was one of Golden's many problems, never enough depth on the roster). I don't think we'll ever see the glory days of playing for National Championships seemingly every year, but I think Richt will get Miami back to being a consistent top ten program, winning 10+ games, and going to BCS bowl games on a regular basis. I think the hiring of Richt was a great one, and he'll be able to keep a lot of South Florida, and Particularly Miami kids at home. Blake James has done a great job with his hires, first Larranaga, now Richt. The future looks bright for the U, hopefully I'm right on my thoughts about Mark Richt. One last thing, I loved the hire of Manny Diaz as DC, he coaches a more attacking style of defense, under Golden the Canes were much more passive, now they'll play a more aggressive style of defense, that's the way they played during the glory years.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Miami's home date with Florida State in three weeks (October 8) doesn't look so tough anymore.

kane

EOG master

Miami's home date with Florida State in three weeks (October 8) doesn't look so tough anymore.

I've had this baby circled since last season ended. I believe Miami has lost 6 straight to them, totally unacceptable to lose to your rival that many times in a row, but there's a new sheriff in town, and his name is Mark Richt.

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated

Mark Richt is horrible. When he could only get that complete reject Greyson Lambert to QB Georgia last year when, until he got hurt, had a stud at RB, it showed his lack of ability to take seize of a great opportunity to actually be good. Enjoy lots of 7 and 8 win mediocre seasons

kane

EOG master

Mark Richt is horrible. When he could only get that complete reject Greyson Lambert to QB Georgia last year when, until he got hurt, had a stud at RB, it showed his lack of ability to take seize of a great opportunity to actually be good. Enjoy lots of 7 and 8 win mediocre seasons

7 and 8 win seasons are what Miami accomplished under Al Golden. Richt averaged 10 wins a year coaching in the SEC, I think he'll find the ACC much more to his liking. Like I said, give him a couple of recruiting classes and he'll have the program back in the top ten on a regular basis, maybe even in his first year here

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated

I admittedly am not as knowledgeable about program as you so I will defer to your thoughts although how do you explain having no serviceable QB at a program like Georgia last year?

kane

EOG master

I admittedly am not as knowledgeable about program as you so I will defer to your thoughts although how do you explain having no serviceable QB at a program like Georgia last year?

They've typically had solid QB's at UGA under Richt, last year was the exception. He's had guys like David Greene, Aaron Murray, and Matt Stafford. But they're known more for their running backs, they've had some great ones. I don't know how the season plays out, but I can promise you everything is different around here under Richt, and Canes fans are very happy going from Golden to him

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted

sunny.................season ticket holder for more then 20 years at the U they are really good
extremely fast and if they can give the kaaya kid some time....he can be dangerous.

i will be flying out for the noles game..........if you and kane
want to gram a root beer that weekend let me know

i'll be in lauderdale all weekend