Kane, This Can't Be......

alfie

EOG Dedicated
Hurricanes -14 , why. Miami has beat nobody. What I'm I not seeing. FSU + seems good......

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Money for the favorite and money for the under.

FSU may have trouble scoring against Miami's ball-hawking defense.

kane

EOG master
Hurricanes -14 , why. Miami has beat nobody. What I'm I not seeing. FSU + seems good......

I played the Noles +14 as I feel the number is a bit high. While Perry has looked good, he hasn't been asked to do a lot, and this is only his second career start, FSU has been good against the run this year and if they can shut down Miami's running game and force Perry to beat them, I'm not sure the kid will be up to the challenge. Francois has played in some big games before, this is Perry's first. The weakness of FSU is their O-line, and the strength of Miami is their D-line, FSU hasn't been able to run the ball which has put added pressure on Francois, the Canes lead the country in TFL, and like John mentioned Miami is adept at taking the ball away. To me it all comes down to how well Francois plays and how well they protect the ball, if they can limit their turnovers to only one and Francois avoids the sack, I think it's a very competitive game, if FSU turns it over a bunch and Miami's D-line is wrecking havoc, then Miami wins. Bottom line is I feel 14 is just too many points in this rivalry.

kane

EOG master
its easier to coach when dade and broward county kids sign up, school recruits itself. Richt a great coach

With respect to Texas and California, the best high school football in the country is played in the state of Florida, and especially Miami-Dade and Broward counties, all the top programs recruit down here, I'm tired of Saban and Meyer stealing South Florida kids, been going on for too long

alfie

EOG Dedicated
if only Miami could get all the dade, broward and palm bch 3 - 5 star kids.....alabama has 5 of them on this roster

kane

EOG master
if only Miami could get all the dade, broward and palm bch 3 - 5 star kids[/B][/B].....alabama has 5 of them on this roster

In the 80's and 90's they did, and dominated college football. If Richt can keep more of those kids home, the U will be back to being a national power, easier said than done obviously

kane

EOG master
If FSU would have let Miami score, they would have been down 8 (assuming the extra point is made) with 1:20 left and 1 timeout

Miami only -3.5 to Boston College? (I know I missed the -3...)

And on the Miami fan sites most of the posters are predicting they will lose!

Off a loss and a bye....

Friday night short road favs not a smart angle historically

BCol last year was decent with two good wins vs Florida State and Syracuse
This year terrible schedule so far with losses to Purdue and NC State.

Seems like this should be a win for Richt..... but Richt has been historically terrible after a loss in a short fav or dog position (like 5-12 ats)

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Beware the home dog that can run the ball. Miami a lot more talent, should win, but if BC is able to rip off 5ypc then Miami has no chance to keep up

railbird

EOG Master
Miami U doesn't care about winning, they just don't want there players to get felonies. If Richt goes .500 and his players don't get arrested his job is safe. if he was .800 and players get arrested he gets fired

alfie

EOG Dedicated
Miami U doesn't care about winning, they just don't want there players to get felonies. If Richt goes .500 and his players don't get arrested his job is safe. if he was .800 and players get arrested he gets fired

some truth to what you say, however , butch davis won and won big without players getting into trouble.....it can be done. too much talent in s fla for these results. I will admit butch davis was not a great game coach, but a great recruiter... tired of richt , the qb position is a disaster for the second year in a row......

railbird

EOG Master
some truth to what you say, however , butch davis won and won big without players getting into trouble.....it can be done. too much talent in s fla for these results. I will admit butch davis was not a great game coach, but a great recruiter... tired of richt , the qb position is a disaster for the second year in a row......
dade county has been invaded by Hispanics is another reason Miami u is suffering