Kelly Jansen

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
He was no where to be found backing up the catcher on the play....................................

Didn't matter on the final play. If he is backing him up he is a good 15+ feet behind the catcher and when the ball squirted away he never gets there in time

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Didn't matter on the final play. If he is backing him up he is a good 15+ feet behind the catcher and when the ball squirted away he never gets there in time

Yeah, I'm sure Jansen knew that before even before the throw. So why break a sweat when you know the bounce won't go your way?

Typical Dodger piece of shit, fits right in.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Yeah, I'm sure Jansen knew that before even before the throw. So why break a sweat when you know the bounce won't go your way?

Typical Dodger piece of shit, fits right in.

In all fairness to him. On that play he knows the runner on 2nd will score and without a throw. I didn't see the play but I would have expected him to back up 3rd in case a throw went there to keep any runner trying to take 3rd from advancing any further

ComptrBob

EOG Master
It was a two out bloop hit to shallow right center, both runners went at the crack of the bat. The throw home to cut down the tying run would have been just as easy as a throw to third.

The pitcher has to back up home so even if the tying run scores, the winning run doesn't score. With the error in the field, the tying run scored easily. Jansen could have yelled to the catcher that the possible winning run had fallen and he had him by 30 feet so no reason to swipe tag and miss the ball.

Heim

EOG Master
I know he had a decent stretch not long ago, but the guy is not close to what he
was a few years removed. Not just the velocity but the command.

He's looked like shit the last few outings.

Again you have a guy Treinen who pitched a flawless 8th, why not
bring him out for the 9th?

To make matters worse Roberts brings in Gonzalez who has control issues
with the bases loaded.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Gas can does it again. Walks in the tying run , game tied at 3 in the top of the 9th. Then a single to right, gives SF the lead 5-3.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Gas can does it again. Walks in the tying run , game tied at 3 in the top of the 9th. Then a single to right, gives SF the lead 5-3.

In all fairness to him the batter did go around and it shoulda been strike three but the 2-0 pitch that was ball 3 was called strike 2

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE KENLEY JANSEN THROW ONE MORE FUCKING PITCH FOR THIS TEAM!

ComptrBob

EOG Master
In all fairness to him the batter did go around and it shoulda been strike three but the 2-0 pitch that was ball 3 was called strike 2

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE KENLEY JANSEN THROW ONE MORE FUCKING PITCH FOR THIS TEAM!

Some wonderful umpiring. My favorite was the fielder's choice out at 2nd, that would have ended the game. when the Giant was safe by a mile. Fortunately replay reversed that call.

railbird

EOG Master
Some wonderful umpiring. My favorite was the fielder's choice out at 2nd, that would have ended the game. when the Giant was safe by a mile. Fortunately replay reversed that call.
shortstopped lolly gagged, should have charged it and maybe went to 1st, 2nd baseman should have stretched. dodgers are the worst in leauge in situational baseball, worst in close games, and thats on roberts

ComptrBob

EOG Master
shortstopped lolly gagged, should have charged it and maybe went to 1st, 2nd baseman should have stretched. dodgers are the worst in leauge in situational baseball, worst in close games, and thats on roberts

Yep, the old saying is the SS didn't play the ball, he let the ball play him.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dodgers were 1/50 at William Hill entering the ninth inning tonight.

Giants at 14/1 when trailing 3-1 with only three outs left.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Total danced between 7.5 and 8 for most of the day.

Final score: Giants 5 Dodgers 3.

Interestingly, Jansen was booed entering and exiting tonight's game.

Heim

EOG Master
Let's see. Jansen was unhittable in May.

Spin rate on every pitch higher than
any previous season.

Fast forward a month. 3 blown saves since AS break and cutter coming in flatter than a pancake.

What is the superseding intervening force here? You say foreign substance crackdown.

Nah....just a coincidence 😏

railbird

EOG Master
bases loaded nobody out 6-6 tie bottom of 9th, maybe a squeeze play? no how about 3 strikeouts on hanging curve balls

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I guess Roberts has tremendous confidence in Jansen going out there for an encore with a 2 run lead in the 10th. 🙄